Ending Alzheimer’s disease is one of the greatest causes of our time – and it demands great people. Many of us who work for the Alzheimer Society have some connection with Alzheimer’s disease or another form of dementia. It is what drives and motivates us in our efforts to fight against a disease that currently has no cure.
The Alzheimer Society of Saskatchewan (ASOS) is a volunteer-based, non-profit organization committed to improving the lives of people affected by Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias. ASOS is currently recruiting an ambitious and result-oriented individual to work as a permanent full-time First Link® Coordinator for the Prince Albert Parkland Health Region based in Prince Albert.
In this exciting role, you will primarily support people living with dementia and their family caregivers. You will help build awareness with physicians, specialists and other health care providers about the First Link® direct referral program and how they can connect people with dementia and their families to the programs and services of the Alzheimer Society. You will also provide information, support and referral to Society and community programs and services throughout the progression of the disease. A full job description is available upon request.
Ideally, you will have the following key attributes and qualifications:
- Bachelor of Social Work or related degree
- Three to five years experience with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias or a related area
- Comprehensive knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias, the disease’s impact on the person, the family and others. You will also have knowledge about available community resources.
- Well developed public speaking and communication skills
- Strong organizational and relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with volunteers and staff
- Professional and organized work ethic
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Outgoing personality
- Creative problem solver
- Ability to travel primarily within Prince Albert Parkland Health Region with valid driver’s license. Vehicle is required.
Salary Range: $35,000 - $50,000
The Alzheimer Society of Saskatchewan provides extended health benefits through 3SHealth and participates in SHEPP (Saskatchewan HealthCare Employees’ Pension Plan).
Interested and qualified applicants can forward a cover letter and resume by June 13, 2014 stating competition # FLC- PAPHR to:
Program Services Manager
Alzheimer Society of Saskatchewan
#301, 2550 – 12th Avenue Regina, SK, S4P 3X1