- Post-secondary education in a health and/or social services field and current membership in a regulated health profession (e.g., nursing, social work).
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with persons with dementia and their families.
- Previous experience or knowledge of dementia and its impact on the family unit.
- Knowledge of community health care agencies.
- Current Standard First Aid/CPR certification an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- High level of competency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Valid driver’s licence and regular access to a vehicle.
Note that an offer of employment will be conditional upon a satisfactory police records check.
- Provide education and support to people coping with ADRD through home or office visits and by phone.
- Organize and/or facilitate support group meetings for family members (including children) and caregivers as well as persons with ADRD. Examples include: First Link Learning Series, Caregiver Information and Discussion Group.
- Receive referrals from, and make referrals to, primary care practitioners and other community support services; e.g. North East Community Care Access Centre, Adult Day Programs, Seniors Mental Health Services, Group Health Centre Programs, etc.
- Advocate on behalf of persons with dementia for improved services, when necessary and/or requested.
- Maintain up-to-day, confidential client records, including a written record of all services provided to clients and their caregivers.
- Implement and monitor appropriate Program Standards and Alzheimer Society policies and procedures.
- Promote Safely Home™ and assist in the registration process where necessary.
- Represent the Society on community and/or internal committees as requested.
- Perform public speaking duties when requested, particularly as they relate to direct client service.
- Provide family support services to communities surrounding Cochrane District including Timmins to Hearst.
Indeed - 10 months ago
Alzheimer Society of Timmins Porcupine District
- 20 days ago