Always Best Care Senior Services Employee Reviews

Poor Management & Judgement
Staffing Director (Former Employee) –  Mountain Brook, AL4 October 2016
The Company needs to revamp its goals and motives and be more careful in staffing the company correctly. They hire unreliable people that work when they feel like it and then look at the faculty as if it is their fault. Your workers are a reflection of the company and if you hire anybody they they will do anything. Everyday they are deactivating someone and then look crazy when its hard to staff the shifts for the clients with reliable caregivers.
Pros
Cons
Everything About the Company, it has a lot of learning to do.
Horrible place to work in office
Care Coordinator Manager (Former Employee) –  Longmont, CO1 July 2016
Owner has a terrible temper who is verbally abusive with foul language to her in office staff, and who micro manages via phone or in the office and ordering how and when a job should be completed. It is impossible to keep up with her demands as she is always added new duties. Other in office staff also feel the negative environment.The most enjoyable part of the job was to be in contact and communicate with staffing who did in home services.
Pros
working with in home service staff
Cons
lack of training (I was given a "2 month learning curve"
Outstanding Franchise to work for!
Personal Care Aide-Part Time (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VA31 March 2016
I consider myself lucky to work for this agency. I have almost 10 years experience in Home Care Management. I became certified as a PCA because I thought having these skills would come in handy for supplemental income/part time.

The franchise I work for has been good to me. They send me to clients within my chosen driving radius. The majority of my clients have been an absolute pleasure to work for!

When you are dependable and professional, they will offer you lots of pick-up shifts. I have been awarded Caregiver of the Month twice, and I am part-time! They are generous with awarding gift cards of your choice.

I appreciate the Direct Deposit! What I would like to see happen though, is for them to investigate supplemental Health Insurances (payroll deduct) to offer all their Caregivers. I am under-employed and cannot afford insurance. The Health Care Marketplace sucks, and even with the portion they cover, I still cannot afford it.
Pros
Great Clients, reasonable driving distance, shifts that work for YOU, gift card perks, extra pay for covering last minute shifts.
Cons
No Medical/Health/Dental/Life/401 K offerings at this time.
Loved working here
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exton, PA16 October 2016
I loved Always Best Care. I met amazing people during my time there. I would pick my hours and drive to the clients house. I would clean for the clients, bath clients, show clients their medicines, cook and run them to their errands. Anything they needed I was there for their care.
Love taking care of clients in their homes
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CA12 September 2016
I enjoy being able to focus on one client at a time making sure they get the best of care in the comfort of their homes. I am a companion and assist with ADLs.
Stayed busy
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Hobe Sound, FL19 March 2014
I enjoyed having many different clients and staying busy. A typical day at work for me was long. I would get to my first client at 9 am prepare meals, made sure medications were taken on time, we even played the WII that was fun. I did anything to make my clients happy. The next client i would see for a few hours, bath them, feed them, and made sure medications were taken, we also went for walks. Than I would see another client which she was wheelchair bound so I helped her with everything, going to the restroom,meal prep, transporting her from the wheelchair, doctor appointment, shopping, visiting family etc. Than I would go back to one of my clients houses who I had seen earlier in the day to do nightly activities to get them prepared for bed. My day would end around 10/10:30 at night.
Pros
Always busy, enjoyed my clients company as they enjoyed mine.
Cons
No healthcare benefits
Good Job
Senior Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MI8 June 2016
I enjoy working for Always Best Care Senior Services. I like coming to work most days it simply depends on the mood that your client is in.
Home Care
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Evanston, IL7 May 2016
This job is great to work at. The company makes sure that the workers as well as the patients are comfortable and the environment is clean. Scheduling is great.
Enjoyed working with the elderly but not enough work hours
Provider (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX26 June 2012
Assist clients with meal preparations, Bathing, Hygiene, Laundry, Self- Administer medication, General cleaning, Walking, Dressing, Transfer/Ambulation, Toileting, Toileting care, Escort, Shopping, Exercising
Cons
no health benifits and short hours
They have a work animal!
Home Health Aide- Always Best Care Senior Services (Former Employee) –  Grafton, OH8 January 2016
Family Orientated as well as very understanding if anything happens while on the job or on your personal time. Thinks of his employees on the holidays as well
Work is ok, housekeeping, errands, out to eat, assist with some personal care. Management is unprofessional and some workers are unreliable.
CNA (Current Employee) –  Fleming Island, Florida7 October 2015
I work with some dementia patients, and some that just needs companionship. I do light housekeeping, errands, meal prep, assisting with clothing, some bathing and walking.
Pros
Getting to hear stories from clients about their life
Cons
Having inconsistency with other workers being 2 hours late or not show up at all, and me being late getting my kids to school.
Home Health Aide/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA19 October 2015
The management team is very unprofessional i have worked here for almost 2 years you have to call multiple times just to get the run around .
Slow paced but requires prompt clinical judgement
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OH15 May 2014
It is typically a one on one assignment and just like any health setting irrespective of clients current physical appearance there is always that need to double check on the client every now and then coughing.Sleep patterns, Skin, color changes, weight gain or loss Client comfort, daily interactions and respect for privacy.
As a direct provider of care/assistance my utmost priority was my clients comfort so once i had established a rapport with them they became a part of me and I don't see my reliability to them as a job but something I love to do" CARE".
The hardest part of the job is getting to know a person's do's and don'ts but you can't be guaranteed you will for even up to 11 weeks or close.
The most enjoyable part is waking up to yourself with a smile on the face that you made another person's day or night better either by listening, laughing at their jokes or paying mind to the little things no one else did .
Pros
Manager of the business has a great personality, very calm, appreciates workers and also takes turn in being a companion for his clients.
Cons
Nothing in particular not common with other companies
wonderful place to work
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, PA5 June 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is the people i get tomeet n help on daily basis.My work days are filled with many obsticales but i get thru them and handle them with care, understanding and patience.
Pros
fullfilling people with hope n happiness
typical work
Payroll Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SC10 June 2015
typical work place as a administrative assistant. it was a learning experience and i did learn new things. I was new to payroll and i learn a lot more about it
Cons
shor
this is a nice environment and the staff are friendly and easy to work with
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CA16 May 2015
my work requires you to get to know your clients, work closely with others, and you have to love helping others. the most enjoyable is the flexibility of the job.
Rewarding to take care of people
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Longmont, CO19 November 2014
Drive to clients houses to help them out with personal needs. Transfer from wheel chairs, beds, etc. Help them in and out of showers etc. Take them to appointments, ect. Lite housework and any other necessities they need.
Pros
Meet interesting people
Cons
Lots of driving
Nice people wonderful clients
Home Senior Care giver (Current Employee) –  Flanders, NJ5 February 2013
I really don't want to leave but I have to work within the scope of my license. There hours are flexible and they will do what ever they can to accommodate you
Pros
they wont schedule you for less then a 4 hour shift
Cons
sometimes there is a longer then wanted break between jobs
Caregiver caring for elderly clients
Always Best Care Senior Services (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Ct.5 August 2014
At Always Best Care I cared for elderly clients in their homes with all of their needs from personal care to providing companionship. I also worked with quite a few dementia clients. It was a very good expierence working at Always Best Care.
Terrible company
HOME CAREGIVER (Former Employee) –  chesterfield mi7 October 2014
sent me miles away, made very little not enough to cover gas for the places they were sending us

2.4