The Costing and Receiving Clerk is responsible for processing import shipments while coordinating with the staff at our Distribution centers. The goal will is to achieve high accuracy through our forwarding systems to ensure high productivity and operational excellence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pre-advise Handling
- Set up of shipment information in our proprietary software
- Arrival Confirmation
- Validate Billing
- Responsible for confirming delivery dates
- Demurrage management
- Issue in-hand Documentation
- Transfer files to brokerage
- Responsible for assisting department co-workers with problems, issues, and questions
- Responsible for informing management of progress and requirements of shipments as needed
- Responsible for reviewing all documents
- Notify exceptions to Purchasing
- Verifies that shipments are processed through Canada Customs
- Responsible for communicating information and instructions to/from Distribution Centers
- Other duties as assigned by management
Job Requirements :
- 3+ years of experience as import coordinator preferred
- College Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
* Qualified applicants must currently possess legal authorization to work in the Canada
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities
- Desire to working in a transaction processing environment
- Ability to operate in global environment
- Self managing and pro-active
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
English is the principal language for this position. This position requires good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment.
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and Excel and other technical software is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and use hand and eye coordination. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK HOURS AND ENVIRONMENT
Normal working hours for this position are Monday – Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, however, overtime will occasionally be required.