Territory Sales Representative Required for Greater Victoria.
The Altrom Group is one of North America’s leading wholesale distributors of OEM import car parts and top quality alternatives. Altrom was founded over 40 years ago and offers the right fit, form and function. Headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, Altrom is truly a single source for all import parts with a vast network and over 3 million unique catalogue applications.
As part of our dynamic and fast paced team the Territory Sales Representative is responsible for achieving maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within the assigned territory or market by effectively selling Altrom’s automotive product offering. The priorities include the promotion, sales and securing orders from current and prospective customers through a relationship based approach. This role will be responsible for achieving the predetermined revenue and profit targets for the assigned territory.
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for Altrom’s products/services.
- Makes telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
- Researches sources for developing prospective qualified customers and for information to determine their potential.
- Develops clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
- Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Coordinates sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics.
- Analyzes the territory/market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customers’ value to the organization.
- Identifies market advantages and compares organization’s products/services.
- Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory/segment.
- Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
- Participates in trade shows and conventions.
- Must possess at least 3 years of outside sales experience
- Have a keen interest in the automotive aftermarket
- Be willing to develop an in-depth knowledge of the Altrom products, services and related applications
- Demonstrate an aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers (consultative sales approach).
- Must be results-oriented and able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications and contact management software such as Salesforce.com
- Valid driver’s license.
- This role reports directly to the Branch Manager and indirectly to the Director of Business Development.
A post-secondary degree from a four year College or University or equivalent related experiences.
Indeed - 17 months ago