altisHR

altisHR Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good learning experience
Staffing Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, OnJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Free lunches periodically, food on friday afternoons
Cons: Windows 2000. Old Monitors. Not enough Monitors.
Typical day is arriving for 8am, checking emails, doing interviews in aligned time slots, cold calling from 9am until 11:30am. Doing another interview. Having lunch. Back to sales calls from about 1-3pm unless you have recruiting to do. Then interviews until 5pm. Recruiting afterwards, some girls would stay until about 7pm.
Management was good - really dependant on who you had.
Co - workers - all very similar background - good group
Hardest part of the job would be to do sales calls, respond to applicants that had come in to do an interview - 10-15/ per week interviews needed to be done.
The calls you made from your phone were all posted on the door for everyone to see internally weekly - and how many you made out, how long they were, etc. - I hope this approach has been fixed by now.
Overall, great learning experience for anyone entering HR. I do not have many negative things to say about the team.. Just keep up with sales calls and you will be fine. Take it as a learning experience that is all - for a long term career I did not see that here which is why I left.
I have been asked by many people in about this role which is why I created a Review.
Excel is commission based
Reception (Former Employee), OttawaMarch 13, 2015
Excel is a horrible agency comparing to others! They work on commission and try to get as many ppl as possible in their system for numbers and with no offers for jobs. I've had better success with other less known agencies than Excel.
great
administrative assistant (Current Employee), thornhillSeptember 29, 2014
Happy with my work placement. I got my foot in the door, and my contract got extended 3 times already.

Con- you have to wait for supervisor approval to get paid
Fast paced and busy workplace
Temporary employment cover (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 28, 2014
I am currently employed at Deloitte through AltisHR recruitment agency.
I work within their servery department which involves arranging and serving catering for all meetings. Deloitte is a extremely large global company with 5 offices downtown alone, they have daily external and internal meetings as well as training events. All of these are arranged and co-ordinated through the Business Operations department (which the servery also falls under).
This is quite a high paced job due to the number of meetings held throughout the day 8:00am onwards through to 6:00pm in cases. It is slightly different to the roles I am used to but I have enjoyed being part of the team here and ensuring everything runs smoothly throughout the day.
Good Temp Agency
Adminstrative Assissant (Former Employee), Hamilton for the GovermentMay 9, 2014
Pros: will try and get you what you need.
Cons: pay, if your manager is not availbe to approve, you may not get paid.
They look out for the client as well as the work environment. They do not only look at the Proveit scores but you as a whole person.
great company to work with if you are looking for work in the downtown area
Receptionist/Office Administration (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 20, 2014
I really like working for them its always different
answer phones, connect with clients/customers
job always changes, office administrative duties
bookkeeping, accounting etc
some management better than others
some were great teachers
co-workers some better than others, usually very cooperative and helpful
meeting new people and networking
I have been with this company for 9 years all in all great bunch
Great Temp Agency
Clerical Support and Data Entry (Former Employee), TorontoJuly 17, 2013
Pros: variety, loyal
Cons: cheap
Received a number of assignments from this agency. While they will undercut competitors and have their temps working for less than co-workers from other agencies at a client location, they are a great agency for the variety of assignments available and their loyalty to temps who have received good reviews from clients upon completion of assignments.
Temporary Agency
Document Preparer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 29, 2012
Enjoyed the idea of being able to go to various locations.
Meeting different people from all walks of life

About altisHR

altisHR is a recognized leader in the delivery of recruitment and staffing services in the Greater Toronto Area, Western Canada – Read more