altisHR Employee Reviews

Temp worker
Contract Work, Office Admin (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 August 2017
The recruiters are very helpful and friendly. The wages seem to be a bit better than at other temp agencies. The company has better connections than a lot of other temp agencies.
Pros
better wages
Cons
temp contracts
Amazing Work Exerience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 July 2017
A typical day would give you adrenalin rush to give you best at Work. One of the best work experiences so far!
Recommended for those who are passionate about their work and interested in learning and growing.
Reliable Services
Various Positions (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 June 2017
Altis will find you something as long as you are dedicated to work
Just be available when they call you for work
They will Work in finding you the best fit
Great staff, caring individuals, and wonderful place to find work.
Temporary Contract (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 April 2017
I have tried to go through other staffing agencies in the past, but none of them showed the amount of personal care and determination to find me a job placement like AltisHR. Thank you for all of your help.
Pros
Great people
Benefits
A great agency to rely on for your next job hunting - Altis HR
Purchasing (Former Employee) –  North York, ON23 April 2017
It has been a great experience working with Altis HR. The staff was very professional, responsive, efficient and supportive. After conducting the assessment and interview at their downtown office, they got to know what I was looking for and placed me to a suitable position right away. During my contract, they frequently touched base with both the company and me to make sure everything was going well. Whenever I had a question, they were always there to help. Also they sincerely consider the benefit of the candidate and try to get a permanent position for them at end of the contract. I really appreciate Altis HR's professional service and would definitely recommend Altis HR to my friends for their job hunting!
don't temp if you don't need to
Office temp (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 February 2017
Over all I had good agents as some employers will try their best to over use or abuse you. I was never short of work, just wish they paid better.

Sometimes the agents would get stressed out and leave, I understand that people move on, but as a temp you have no control of who your agent is. This could be troubling if you and the agent don't mesh.
Pros
government experience
Cons
horrible pay
Very professional staff who are always available to assist
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2016
I have had a very pleasant experience with altisHR, from my very first meeting, the staff have been very professional and are quick at responding whenever I have enquiries. They helped me land a contract job very quickly and am very grateful!
Pros
Professional, committed to my success, fast and efficient responses
Amazing company
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 August 2016
I love working for altishr! I have never felt so appreciated for the work I do and I'll be honest it becomes addicting very quickly! This company makes their employees feel loved and want to be better!
Amazing Company, Great Placements
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 August 2016
I absolutely enjoyed working with altisHR to find a job placement.

I had just begun my employment search again, and I was pleasantly surprised when altis reached out. When the called me we had a nice discussion where I felt they really tried to get to know me and what I was looking for not just my resume.

The interview was only a few days later and they were extremely accommodating when it cam to my schedule as I was currently working.

Their office location is great right downtown by the Eaton Center which is great transit wise. Office decor was modern and very welcoming. The receptionist was extremely welcoming, letting me know where the restroom was, and kept me updated on how much longer I had to wait.

I only had to wait a little bit but I also came in 15 minutes early just in case.

When I finally go to my interview they explained to me the process they go through and really sat down to know me and what I was looking for in a job. We also went through my resume step by step to go through everything I had learned in each position to really gauge the skills and experience I had. Finishing up the interview they let me know of a possible position near my location and even walked me through their office to meet their colleagues who would keep my name on their radar for any positions that would come up.

For the position they had informed me of they explained where it was located, the pay, the particulars of the job, if it were temp, perm, or temp to perm and if I decided I wanted to be considered what steps would be taken. I did not have a single question as
  more... to what their process was.

I decided to apply and was given the position right away. It was by far the quickest I was able to find a position.

The interviewer kept up with myself as well once in the position for updates on how I was enjoy the position.

Overall, it is an amazing agency to go through. They make sure you are fully informed through the entire process and that you are equally as important as the employers looking to hire.
Pros
Environment, Staff, The process
Cons
More clarity in the time sheet process, The website says that it needs to be faxed and you need to obtain you supervisors approval, When all you have to do is submit it online and its automatically sent to your supervisor
Great agency with helpful resources and wonderful support
Admin assistant on placement (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 July 2016
Before working with Altis HR, I had applied for many other temp agencies and felt mostly ignored by them. They would send an automated email confirming my account and then would irregularly send me job opportunities, sometimes with weeks between these offers. Even when I did receive the emails, most of the jobs that were offered did not suit my wants and needs nor my experience and qualifications.

Altis HR was different. Within a week of applying online, I received a phone call asking me to come into their offices for an interview so that they could ask me, in person, what kind of work I was seeking. I met with a rep and had a very pleasant, easy-going interview. At the end of the meeting, the rep mentioned a position in a company that might suit me that another rep within Altis was recruiting for. I was directed to this second consultant, we had a brief chat about the position (which suited me down to the ground), and by the next week I was working with the company (after an interview with them).

This is not a review of that firm so I will not speak extensively about it, though I will mention that I immediately fit right into this wonderful new working environment with a job I loved, and this would not have been possible without the help of Altis HR.

Last week I was offered a full-time position with this company after a year of temping there, and all through that time, I cannot express how wonderful and supportive Altis HR were. I had constant communication with my rep and felt like I could approach her or anyone else in the company any time if I had any issues. I
  more... was periodically checked in on, through email and a couple of times in person, which was really appreciated. Logging my hours for the week on Altis's online timesheet couldn't have been easier and renewing my contract online every month was very convenient. Additionally, Altis would send out a very helpful, quarterly newsletter outlining events that were going on in the city for that season. As an immigrant to the country always looking for something fun to do outside of work, I found these newsletters very beneficial.

I cannot stress enough how pleasant my experience with Altis HR was from day one. The staff were always friendly and approachable, the process of outlining the work I wanted and finding that work was a breeze, and the support throughout my placement was second to none. I would recommend this agency to anyone seeking work that works for them, because Altis HR works for you!
Pros
Friendly staff, easy process, great support, informative newsletters
Cons
Unclear on benefits (though that was probably my fault for not asking or reading up on them!)
Very
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 March 2016
On a typical day, first thing in the morning I would review my inbox emails and check for any voice messages. Midday, I than go over my Outlook tasks lists to clear the important priorities. During the day I would ask my colleagues what their working on to see if it has any effect on my work, and offer any assistance if needed. Near the middle end of the day I sort out any problems and return calls. Last I would prepare my work for the next business day.
Pros
forty-five minute lunch
Cons
Not enough work
Very Professional Atmosphere
A/P Administrative Asst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 March 2016
A typical day at work is arriving 15 to 20 mins. earlier, to retrieve or responsive to all emails before processing PO for Vendors, making sure are that all PO's are matched according to each vendor invoices.
take a break, arrive back and return any calls that's needed to be returned, retrieve more PO's off the system to process and process invoices into the system to be paid.
GREAT Place to Work
Program Assistant (A) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga29 September 2015
Amazing staff, who know what you are looking for. They place you where they no you will excel...they don't set their employees up for failure.
You have an issue when on assignment and they are right there to help you out. No waiting, no beating around the bush.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Did not like working through this agency
Data entry clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga23 September 2015
Will never work with this company again . It took me a month to get paid for my temp job because they are based out of Quebec .
Good learning experience
Staffing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, On1 July 2015
Typical day is arriving for 8am, checking emails, doing interviews in aligned time slots, cold calling from 9am until 11:30am. Doing another interview. Having lunch. Back to sales calls from about 1-3pm unless you have recruiting to do. Then interviews until 5pm. Recruiting afterwards, some girls would stay until about 7pm.
Management was good - really dependant on who you had.
Co - workers - all very similar background - good group
Hardest part of the job would be to do sales calls, respond to applicants that had come in to do an interview - 10-15/ per week interviews needed to be done.
The calls you made from your phone were all posted on the door for everyone to see internally weekly - and how many you made out, how long they were, etc. - I hope this approach has been fixed by now.
Overall, great learning experience for anyone entering HR. I do not have many negative things to say about the team.. Just keep up with sales calls and you will be fine. Take it as a learning experience that is all - for a long term career I did not see that here which is why I left.
I have been asked by many people in about this role which is why I created a Review.
Pros
Free lunches periodically, food on friday afternoons
Cons
Windows 2000. Old Monitors. Not enough Monitors.
Very Good Agency
Office Clerk/Temps (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 April 2015
Been with this Agency for six months and they are awesome. Try really hard to get everyone a job. The recruiters are always available and return your call in less than 48 hrs.... The company's receptionist at their different locations are very friendly and professional. Overall... it's an agency anyone can trust and feel very comfortable..
Pros
Understandable
Cons
Some of their clients are not always friendly with Temps
Excel is commission based
Reception (Former Employee) –  Ottawa13 March 2015
Excel is a horrible agency comparing to others! They work on commission and try to get as many ppl as possible in their system for numbers and with no offers for jobs. I've had better success with other less known agencies than Excel.
great
administrative assistant (Current Employee) –  thornhill29 September 2014
Happy with my work placement. I got my foot in the door, and my contract got extended 3 times already.

Con- you have to wait for supervisor approval to get paid
Excellent Company to Partner With
Sales/Customer Service Rep(On - call assignments) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2014
Temporary on-call assignments done in the past were varied. Generally "friendly" environments.
Pros
Paid on time; agents are very 'diligent' about that!
Cons
N/a
Good company while looking for full-time work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, On12 May 2014
Working here has given me a greater knowledge of the work force and I learned a lot while working multiple jobs during my time here.
They are always around if you need to call them or need help regarding your current placement and are very friendly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at altisHR. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2