ALTIMA DENTAL Employee Reviews

"The future is yours"
Team Member (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON21 April 2017
Altima is an innovative company in that they give you the tools to succeed but the rest is yours to invent and deliver. They are supportive in your journey to grow in your career and value teams that help each other to succeed. The company is interested in hearing from any team member on how the office/company can achieve maximum employee satisfaction and patient service." The future is yours" should be the employee moto for this company.
Great company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2017
I have been with Altima for a little more than a year and I can only say good things about them. The Company culture is welcoming, professional and supportive. The people at head office are only one call away. As long as you are responsible, accountable for your actions, transparent and are doing a good job, you should have no reasons to think they are not a good company. You also have to understand that the company is in constant growth and development, and so are the protocols that are been put into place. You should embrace that as a learning experience. We could all be complaining about the changes in policies, but isn't change the only constant in life?
Pros
Tons of locations, support from other team members, uniform allowance, great HR team
Cons
Bonuses and raises are hard to accomplish
Good workplace. Lovely patients. High potential for growth.
Associate Dentist (Current Employee) –  Port Hope, ON15 April 2017
I have been working for Altima for over two months. The management is very compassionate, cooperative and supportive. The front office and patient coordinators are extremely knowledgable and have been a huge help. The dental hygenists are excellent, efficient and very professional. The dental assistants are fresh, energetic and willing to learn. The patients are lovely polite people.

There was turnover in the past, but that's sometimes healthy for organizations. It brings fresh blood to the office and helps the organization grow and evolve.

Overall, my experience so far is excellent.
Current Altima Employee
Manager (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON15 March 2017
I've decided to write something on here as I am a happy employee of Altima Dental and I believe many that have posted on here were the latter.

My Altima "story" started 6 years ago in South Western Ontario as a Patient Coordinator. After 1.5 years my family and I relocated to Eastern Ontario and so I gave my 2 weeks notice. It hadn't even crossed my mind to continue my employment with the company. However management had other plans for me, they offered me a management position and believed in me and my skills. They coached me remotely and one-on-one to be able to manage a dental centre efficiently. It wasn't easy at first, and sometimes I did deal with rather difficult situations through out my time here but I truly believe everything is as good as you make it. I was given a chance to create a work family within Altima Dental and I've taken advantage of this and all the opportunities that have been presented to me. My tenure and work ethic hasn't gone unnoticed, time and time again I've been recognized for my work in many different ways.

The most enjoyable part of my job has been able to coach and build up others to have a successful career within Altima, I understand that Altima isn't for everyone, and different experiences have been lived by many - however if you do some real digging and see that many centres have had many of their employees for 5, 10, even 20 years continuously employed it says a lot.

Having said all of this no organization is perfect! But as long as there is a willingness to be better and make the people that work for you happy it can be the
  more... perfect organization for you.  less
Pros
Opportunity for growth, competitive wages
Could use a lot of improvement
DH (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON10 January 2017
Very dated equipment in many offices, did not have great management and it felt very disorganized.
This company could definitely use a lot of updating to make sure that all offices throughout the company are equipped properly and the management could definitely use some more training in how to handle different situations that arise.
Productive and Teamwork is great
Dental Assistant - PART TIME (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON4 October 2016
I have been so lucky to be trained in this dental clinic, because Ive learned a lot of things . Now I am ready to face the field of Dental Care.
Horrible in every way!
Dental Assistant Level II (Former Employee) –  Scotia Plaza, 1st Canadian Place5 July 2016
The interviewing process is very lengthy, they keep you wondering if you are to get hired for weeks!
The hours differ so much. One week you get 52 hours, the next week - 12. It's so bad.
The job itself is hellish. There is so much pressure to meet the unreasonable target every month. They try everything to keep their expenses low and revenue - high. The well-being of employees is the least of their concerns.
The employee turnover rate is high. During the 3 months I was there, a manager and 2 other employees were let go.
One of the dentists I worked with was so bad with the patients, breached so many rules set out in their own booklet. I asked a co-worker why was he still there. She said: ''That's because he brings the most revenue to the practice''. To me, that's the worst reason to keep a dentist.
Throughout my 8 years career as a dental assistant I met many former employees of Altima, including 3 dentists. All of them said that it was a horrible place to work at.
Cons
Unstable hours, employees not valued
Terrible
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Canada21 June 2016
Terrible leadership. No one knows what they are doing at head office. Very little support.
Head office only cares about the production not their patients or their staff.
This is why qualified candidates do not apply.
My advice...work at McDonald's until a job in your field becomes available at a fantastic company. Stay away from this company. They will tear you down and spit you out and not even look back.
Very stressful
Cons
Horrible head office
All politics!!!!!
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 April 2016
Protocols are made to be followed but if you are a brown noser you get away with anything. Hiring a 20 something yr old to run an office isn't a smart corporate move. Education doesn't necessarily make one qualified to be in a leadership role. Work experience and versatility are beneficial.
Pros
promotion of continuing education
Cons
inexperienced and immature managers
it was a great experience working as a team member in altima dental center
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 February 2016
working as a receptionist was a actually pretty great, not soo much stress, it was a under pressure work and it was amazing with a lot of friendly team members.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
5 hours
Inconsistent hours and terrible staff/management
dental assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON13 January 2016
Daily schedules never filled with appointments so there would be hours in between patients some days. Staff members made you feel as though everything that went wrong was somehow your fault and "full time hours" turned into 2 days a week. Many employees quit in the middle of their shift because of stress and drama between staff. Worst workplace I've experienced.
Cons
Rude staff, inconsistent hours, poor pay rate.
Very stressful job place
Health care (Former Employee) –  Toronto1 August 2015
Many employees get nervous breakdown & quit. They make you feel you are not doing well when they dont need you. Decrease your hours & behave you like a s... until you quit!
Growing company offering opportunities for career advancement.
Patient Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 June 2015
Busy work environment and the challenges keep the work interesting. Provides for many learning opportunities. Management is not afraid to try new ideas. Friendly, interactive team and achievements are celebrated. Conflicting priorities can be tough to manage in the busy office.
Pros
Learning opportunities
Dental hygienist
Part-time Permanent (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON13 February 2015
-huddle for the day
-patient specific care
-educate each patient based on their needs
-open communication with every team member

I love my daily interactions with each of my patients, I'm constantly learning new things from them as they are from me as well, not just dental related but life lessons and stories.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALTIMA DENTAL. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8