ALTIMA DENTAL Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Horrible in every way!
Dental Assistant Level II (Former Employee) –  Scotia Plaza, 1st Canadian PlaceJuly 5, 2016
The interviewing process is very lengthy, they keep you wondering if you are to get hired for weeks!
The hours differ so much. One week you get 52 hours, the next week - 12. It's so bad.
The job itself is hellish. There is so much pressure to meet the unreasonable target every month. They try everything to keep their expenses low and revenue - high. The well-being of employees is the least of their concerns.
The employee turnover rate is high. During the 3 months I was there, a manager and 2 other employees were let go.
One of the dentists I worked with was so bad with the patients, breached so many rules set out in their own booklet. I asked a co-worker why was he still there. She said: ''That's because he brings the most revenue to the practice''. To me, that's the worst reason to keep a dentist.
Throughout my 8 years career as a dental assistant I met many former employees of Altima, including 3 dentists. All of them said that it was a horrible place to work at.
Cons
Unstable hours, employees not valued
Terrible
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  CanadaJune 21, 2016
Terrible leadership. No one knows what they are doing at head office. Very little support.
Head office only cares about the production not their patients or their staff.
This is why qualified candidates do not apply.
My advice...work at McDonald's until a job in your field becomes available at a fantastic company. Stay away from this company. They will tear you down and spit you out and not even look back.
Very stressful
Cons
Horrible head office
All politics!!!!!
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 21, 2016
Protocols are made to be followed but if you are a brown noser you get away with anything. Hiring a 20 something yr old to run an office isn't a smart corporate move. Education doesn't necessarily make one qualified to be in a leadership role. Work experience and versatility are beneficial.
Pros
promotion of continuing education
Cons
inexperienced and immature managers
it was a great experience working as a team member in altima dental center
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 24, 2016
working as a receptionist was a actually pretty great, not soo much stress, it was a under pressure work and it was amazing with a lot of friendly team members.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
5 hours
Inconsistent hours and terrible staff/management
dental assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ONJanuary 13, 2016
Daily schedules never filled with appointments so there would be hours in between patients some days. Staff members made you feel as though everything that went wrong was somehow your fault and "full time hours" turned into 2 days a week. Many employees quit in the middle of their shift because of stress and drama between staff. Worst workplace I've experienced.
Cons
Rude staff, inconsistent hours, poor pay rate.
Very stressful job place
Health care (Former Employee) –  TorontoAugust 1, 2015
Many employees get nervous breakdown & quit. They make you feel you are not doing well when they dont need you. Decrease your hours & behave you like a s... until you quit!
Growing company offering opportunities for career advancement.
Patient Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 2, 2015
Busy work environment and the challenges keep the work interesting. Provides for many learning opportunities. Management is not afraid to try new ideas. Friendly, interactive team and achievements are celebrated. Conflicting priorities can be tough to manage in the busy office.
Pros
Learning opportunities
Dental hygienist
Part-time Permanent (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ONFebruary 13, 2015
-huddle for the day
-patient specific care
-educate each patient based on their needs
-open communication with every team member

I love my daily interactions with each of my patients, I'm constantly learning new things from them as they are from me as well, not just dental related but life lessons and stories.

2.3