ALTIMA DENTAL Employee Reviews

Terrible
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Canada21 June 2016
Terrible leadership. No one knows what they are doing at head office. Very little support.
Head office only cares about the production not their patients or their staff.
This is why qualified candidates do not apply.
My advice...work at McDonald's until a job in your field becomes available at a fantastic company. Stay away from this company. They will tear you down and spit you out and not even look back.
Very stressful
Cons
Horrible head office
Productive and Teamwork is great
Dental Assistant - PART TIME (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON4 October 2016
I have been so lucky to be trained in this dental clinic, because Ive learned a lot of things . Now I am ready to face the field of Dental Care.
Horrible in every way!
Dental Assistant Level II (Former Employee) –  Scotia Plaza, 1st Canadian Place5 July 2016
The interviewing process is very lengthy, they keep you wondering if you are to get hired for weeks!
The hours differ so much. One week you get 52 hours, the next week - 12. It's so bad.
The job itself is hellish. There is so much pressure to meet the unreasonable target every month. They try everything to keep their expenses low and revenue - high. The well-being of employees is the least of their concerns.
The employee turnover rate is high. During the 3 months I was there, a manager and 2 other employees were let go.
One of the dentists I worked with was so bad with the patients, breached so many rules set out in their own booklet. I asked a co-worker why was he still there. She said: ''That's because he brings the most revenue to the practice''. To me, that's the worst reason to keep a dentist.
Throughout my 8 years career as a dental assistant I met many former employees of Altima, including 3 dentists. All of them said that it was a horrible place to work at.
Cons
Unstable hours, employees not valued
All politics!!!!!
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 April 2016
Protocols are made to be followed but if you are a brown noser you get away with anything. Hiring a 20 something yr old to run an office isn't a smart corporate move. Education doesn't necessarily make one qualified to be in a leadership role. Work experience and versatility are beneficial.
Pros
promotion of continuing education
Cons
inexperienced and immature managers
Inconsistent hours and terrible staff/management
dental assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON13 January 2016
Daily schedules never filled with appointments so there would be hours in between patients some days. Staff members made you feel as though everything that went wrong was somehow your fault and "full time hours" turned into 2 days a week. Many employees quit in the middle of their shift because of stress and drama between staff. Worst workplace I've experienced.
Cons
Rude staff, inconsistent hours, poor pay rate.
it was a great experience working as a team member in altima dental center
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 February 2016
working as a receptionist was a actually pretty great, not soo much stress, it was a under pressure work and it was amazing with a lot of friendly team members.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
5 hours
Current Altima Employee
Manager (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON15 March 2017
I've decided to write something on here as I am a happy employee of Altima Dental and I believe many that have posted on here were the latter.

My Altima "story" started 6 years ago in South Western Ontario as a Patient Coordinator. After 1.5 years my family and I relocated to Eastern Ontario and so I gave my 2 weeks notice. It hadn't even crossed my mind to continue my employment with the company. However management had other plans for me, they offered me a management position and believed in me and my skills. They coached me remotely and one-on-one to be able to manage a dental centre efficiently. It wasn't easy at first, and sometimes I did deal with rather difficult situations through out my time here but I truly believe everything is as good as you make it. I was given a chance to create a work family within Altima Dental and I've taken advantage of this and all the opportunities that have been presented to me. My tenure and work ethic hasn't gone unnoticed, time and time again I've been recognized for my work in many different ways.

The most enjoyable part of my job has been able to coach and build up others to have a successful career within Altima, I understand that Altima isn't for everyone, and different experiences have been lived by many - however if you do some real digging and see that many centres have had many of their employees for 5, 10, even 20 years continuously employed it says a lot.

Having said all of this no organization is perfect! But as long as there is a willingness to be better and make the people that work for you happy it can be the
  more... perfect organization for you.  less
Pros
Opportunity for growth, competitive wages
Growing company offering opportunities for career advancement.
Patient Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 June 2015
Busy work environment and the challenges keep the work interesting. Provides for many learning opportunities. Management is not afraid to try new ideas. Friendly, interactive team and achievements are celebrated. Conflicting priorities can be tough to manage in the busy office.
Pros
Learning opportunities
Challenging Position
Receptionist/Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, Ontario17 September 2013
A typical day consisted of overseeing the budgets and targets for the clinic through profit and loss statements. During my time with this company, I learnt a great deal about HR and the role head office plays. I hired and trained the staff at the clinic. This including hiring a Dentist and implementing a hygine department. Generally the staff was compliant but did require direct supervision. The most difficult part of my role was dealing with head office. I take complete pride in my job and found that head office wanted to dictate and never wanted to hear of possibly a better, more effective solution to some issues. The most enjoyable part was increasing production and being a part of a clinic that was initially suffering and than rose above it.
Pros
Increasing production
Cons
Difficult head office
Dental hygienist
Part-time Permanent (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON13 February 2015
-huddle for the day
-patient specific care
-educate each patient based on their needs
-open communication with every team member

I love my daily interactions with each of my patients, I'm constantly learning new things from them as they are from me as well, not just dental related but life lessons and stories.
Very stressful job place
Health care (Former Employee) –  Toronto1 August 2015
Many employees get nervous breakdown & quit. They make you feel you are not doing well when they dont need you. Decrease your hours & behave you like a s... until you quit!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALTIMA DENTAL. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7