ALTIMA DENTAL Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Terrible
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  CanadaJune 21, 2016
Terrible leadership. No one knows what they are doing at head office. Very little support.
Head office only cares about the production not their patients or their staff.
This is why qualified candidates do not apply.
My advice...work at McDonald's until a job in your field becomes available at a fantastic company. Stay away from this company. They will tear you down and spit you out and not even look back.
Very stressful
Cons
Horrible head office
Inconsistent hours and terrible staff/management
dental assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ONJanuary 13, 2016
Daily schedules never filled with appointments so there would be hours in between patients some days. Staff members made you feel as though everything that went wrong was somehow your fault and "full time hours" turned into 2 days a week. Many employees quit in the middle of their shift because of stress and drama between staff. Worst workplace I've experienced.
Cons
Rude staff, inconsistent hours, poor pay rate.
it was a great experience working as a team member in altima dental center
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 24, 2016
working as a receptionist was a actually pretty great, not soo much stress, it was a under pressure work and it was amazing with a lot of friendly team members.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
5 hours
Growing company offering opportunities for career advancement.
Patient Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 2, 2015
Busy work environment and the challenges keep the work interesting. Provides for many learning opportunities. Management is not afraid to try new ideas. Friendly, interactive team and achievements are celebrated. Conflicting priorities can be tough to manage in the busy office.
Pros
Learning opportunities
Very stressful job place
Health care (Former Employee) –  TorontoAugust 1, 2015
Many employees get nervous breakdown & quit. They make you feel you are not doing well when they dont need you. Decrease your hours & behave you like a s... until you quit!
Dental hygienist
Part-time Permanent (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ONFebruary 13, 2015
-huddle for the day
-patient specific care
-educate each patient based on their needs
-open communication with every team member

I love my daily interactions with each of my patients, I'm constantly learning new things from them as they are from me as well, not just dental related but life lessons and stories.
Challenging Position
Receptionist/Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, OntarioSeptember 17, 2013
A typical day consisted of overseeing the budgets and targets for the clinic through profit and loss statements. During my time with this company, I learnt a great deal about HR and the role head office plays. I hired and trained the staff at the clinic. This including hiring a Dentist and implementing a hygine department. Generally the staff was compliant but did require direct supervision. The most difficult part of my role was dealing with head office. I take complete pride in my job and found that head office wanted to dictate and never wanted to hear of possibly a better, more effective solution to some issues. The most enjoyable part was increasing production and being a part of a clinic that was initially suffering and than rose above it.
Pros
increasing production
Cons
difficult head office

2.4