ALTIMA DENTAL Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canadian first place toronto21 July 2017
I have only just started at Altima, but I can already tell this is a great place to work. Everyone here really cares about patients (our customers) and ensuring we are doing our best to serve them well.

The people are fantastic. Great to work with and fun as well.

I would highly recommend Altima to anyone!!
Pros
Patient care and organization
Cons
Low salary
"without table tennis table"
Home Office (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON13 July 2017
Learned a lot and saw this company as a great opportunity for growth and advancement..... till was told to write review to boost company rating. It is a big no-no in "my value" book, but considering recent changes such request is not a surprise.
Pros
Amazing front line people, who deserve so much more
Cons
Lack of appreciation & recognition, pay inequality
Busy office, great people to work with
Dental Centre Manager (Current Employee) –  Morrisburg, ON13 July 2017
WE are a small office in a rural community so we are a busy office. The people I work with are wonderful and the patients are pretty great themselves. Because we are out in the country finding coverage is more difficult so I tend to have to work more hours than I would like to work. Our team here is one of the best because we all help each other out. As the manager I am also a dental assistant so I take xrays and help out with setup and cleanup when they are really busy and fall a bit behind. The assistant is also trained on front desk so she helps out with phones and seeing people in and out if I am at the bank or post office. Having a head office in Toronto has its challenges but for the most part things work out ok. I have been with Altima for almost 15 years and will be here for a few more.
Pros
great peope to work with
Cons
long hours/hard to find extra staff for coverage
Amazing Dental Corporation To Work For
Dental Centre Manager (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON12 July 2017
Having a passion for the dental field and helping people smile, I'm able to say I'm truly grateful for coming across Altima Dental. The company has so much room for growth and there is substantial amount of support available to help you achieve your goals and become advanced. If you are a hard worker and are passionate about what you can accomplish, then Altima Dental is definitely the right company for you!
Employee review
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Yonge, ON12 July 2017
Altima dental gave me the opportunity to be in the field of my choice , excellent supportive manager and coworkers , right tools to learn and grow in my career path.
Altima provides you with this chance to rise and shine as an employee. It is an organization where you get to learn a lot , you just need to be open to learning.
To sum it up , it is an opportunity that one should definitely capitalize on.
Great experience!
DCM (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK12 July 2017
I have had a great experience with Altima! Positive working atmosphere, flexible hours, great salary, and support is always available if needed. I would highly recommend!
Pros
support
Productive and fun workplace!!
Dental Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK12 July 2017
We have great, friendly, knowledgeable team members.
Our management team works together with everyone to ensure the day runs smoothly. Patient care is always priority.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the team. We are all supportive of each other. Continuing education is the best here, as
Dr. Gilewich and his team members are always learning and keeping up with the latest and greatest products and services.

We also have a beautiful office with all modern equipment. A comfortable environment to work in.

So many great reasons to work here.
Pros
Great hours.
Strong and Growing Company
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2017
Successful company that is continually growing. Good work environment and the potential to go further in my career. The company supports charitable foundations. Provides benefits for its employees and holds great staff social events.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Fun plce to work but not good SALARY
head office (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2017
Everything is pretty good except the pay, that's why we don't have a lot of employees who stay long.
They gather experience, learn the job, get a much better job offer and leave.
Altima Dental - Home Office
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2017
Altima Dental can be a great place to start your career. As a large, industry-leading dental company, they are always on the lookout for new ways to improve their business. As an employee, this means that you will get a chance to work on lots of exciting new things.
Pros
Summer hours. Good dental benefits.
Great company to expand your skills
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2017
Altima is a team-oriented company. Having many locations makes it easier to find jobs close to home. Commute times are better than average and most locations are close to public transit or city centres. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the fast growth of the organization. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new skills and interacting with other friendly colleagues.
Pros
Flexible Work Schedules
Cons
Industry Regulations
Culture built on caring.. patient care and employee care
Executive (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2017
Altima stands out amongst other employers. I have recently joined the organization and they truly stand true to be best in class. The culture and values are embedded in all aspects of the organization. If you are looking to join a team that will invest and collaborate with you to achieve your career goals, come join us. .
Productive and welcoming workplace.
Regional Support Manager (Current Employee) –  MontrĂ©al, QC11 July 2017
Great workplace, with positive working atmosphere.
Head office is always very helpful and supportive.
Overall reasonable working hours with flexibility.
Great salary and benefits!!!
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
an extra week of vacation per year would be great!!
Professional and challenging place to work
Regiona Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatchewan11 July 2017
My regional position with Altima has given me an opportunity to expand and grow in the field of dentistry that I love. It has also allowed me to network with like minded people with a common goal and vision.
Productive Work Place
Head Office (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2017
Very healthy environment. Very strong and knowledgeable staff. Much appreciated to be able to work at Altima Dental. I plan to stick around for a long time.
Pros
Recognition
Great Place to Work
Executive (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2017

The people are fantastic. Great to work with and fun as well.

I would highly recommend Altima to anyone!!
*If you work hard it will not go unrecognized*
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 June 2017
Altima has been an amazing company to work for.
I have been with the company for almost 5 years.

Altima recognizes employees who work hard. If you are looking for a long term medical career, work at Altima.
Pros
Constant Support
Cons
Wages vary
"The future is yours"
Team Member (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON21 April 2017
Altima is an innovative company in that they give you the tools to succeed but the rest is yours to invent and deliver. They are supportive in your journey to grow in your career and value teams that help each other to succeed. The company is interested in hearing from any team member on how the office/company can achieve maximum employee satisfaction and patient service." The future is yours" should be the employee moto for this company.
Great company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2017
I have been with Altima for a little more than a year and I can only say good things about them. The Company culture is welcoming, professional and supportive. The people at head office are only one call away. As long as you are responsible, accountable for your actions, transparent and are doing a good job, you should have no reasons to think they are not a good company. You also have to understand that the company is in constant growth and development, and so are the protocols that are been put into place. You should embrace that as a learning experience. We could all be complaining about the changes in policies, but isn't change the only constant in life?
Pros
Tons of locations, support from other team members, uniform allowance, great HR team
Cons
Bonuses and raises are hard to accomplish
Good workplace. Lovely patients. High potential for growth.
Associate Dentist (Current Employee) –  Port Hope, ON15 April 2017
I have been working for Altima for over two months. The management is very compassionate, cooperative and supportive. The front office and patient coordinators are extremely knowledgable and have been a huge help. The dental hygenists are excellent, efficient and very professional. The dental assistants are fresh, energetic and willing to learn. The patients are lovely polite people.

There was turnover in the past, but that's sometimes healthy for organizations. It brings fresh blood to the office and helps the organization grow and evolve.

Overall, my experience so far is excellent.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALTIMA DENTAL. Our community is ready to answer.