Our client, a well-established company in the food industry is seeking a Human Resources Plant Manager.
This company located in the Prince Edwards Island province ensures the highest of food safety standards. With the use of the latest processing technologies combined with rigorous CFIA standards, this company is a leading edge facility producing a superior product.
The opportunity :
The HR Manager will be responsible for leading the development of human resources strategies for the entire plant: employer of choice, work environment, employee satisfaction, participatory management, performance indicators, and human resources development strategy. In this role the successful candidate will actively participate with the management team to manage the entire plant.
Key Accountabilities :
- Performing recruitment, orientation and on-boarding process to ensure the selection and
retainment of top talent in a timely and cost-effective manner
o Advertisement, interviews, completing reference checks
o Coordination of recruitment and mobility process (accommodation and transport) for foreign
- Proceed with the terminations, including all relevant correspondence with respect to all
relevant employment and contractual legislation
- Performance Management: Performance appraisal to be done for new employees after 3
months. Coaching managers/supervisors in developing their talent, creating department and
individual objectives to meet targets, and guide managers in the succession planning
- Employee Relations: Providing guidance and assistance to management and employees by
listening, coaching, supporting and making appropriate recommendations and/or resolve any
employee concerns or HR issues in accordance with company policies/procedures and
government legislation, and the requirements of the business unit.
- Communication: Providing effective communication to the employees
- Labour Relations: Provide guidance and support to the management team on collective
agreement interpretation and administration. Deal with any union grievances.
- Regularly monitor key metrics such as turnover, intermittent absence, etc. Oversee and
manage the time and attendance of the hourly workforce, and take proactive steps to address
- Submit required reports on a timely basis (overtime, absenteeism, etc.)
- Benefit plan management and administration – become a subject matter expert to provide assistance for employee questions and deal with related issues
- Payroll: Manage the payroll system to ensure accurate weekly pay cycle
- Health & Safety: Assure that the safety program is operating effectively with legislative and company compliance. Responsible for Safety committee. Oversee claims, including the early and safe return to work for both occupational and non-occupational claims
What We’re Looking for:
- Minimum of 5-7years’ experience as a HR generalist;
- Prior HR experience in at least a single manufacturing location is strongly preferred;
- Related college or university degree and a CHRP designation, or working towards;
- A comprehensive understanding of relevant Employment & Human Rights legislation;
- Available to work on flexible schedule;
- Dynamic individual that is capable of performing at a hands-on capacity;
- Proven leadership with strong interpersonal skills and ability to be firm, to negotiate and
mediate at all levels;
- Well organized and rigorous person with ability to multi-task;
- Excellent time management, organizational and communication skills;
- Effective communication, both written and verbal.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU :
- Competitive base salary with bonuses and benefits package
- Work for a well-established and respected company
- Be part of a company that is committed to providing a healthy and safe work environment
- We provide individualized career plans and extensive ongoing development opportunities
Self-employed candidates are welcome to apply.
If working for a highly energized, competitive team is your ideal environment, please email your resume by email. Thank you for your interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.