Altex Energy is a crude oil transportation company that provides customers with infrastructure alternatives to pipelines. Altex provides medium to long term contracts to customers and producers to transport crude oil from our terminals to refineries and other markets via rail car. Altex partners with Canadian National Railway to provide a full service system to manage the loading, transportation, regulatory reporting and logistics of shipping crude oil and diluent using efficient systems and cost effective methods to manage the product to market.
Altex operates primarily in Alberta and Saskatchewan with an aggressive growth plan to continue to build and operate terminals to handle crude oil products for customers in Canada and the US.
Reporting to the Controller, this role will be accountable to perform the following:
- Review of invoices for the proper authorization
- Keying in a high volume of accounts payable invoices each month, matching of all source documents, ensuring appropriate GL distribution
- Manage and maintain existing and new vendor set ups
- Inputting payment transactions, running cheques
- Reconcile Supplier Statements
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for major vendors, and General Ledger
- Provide information for cash flow
- Correspondence with sites and corporate office
- Communicate with vendors on invoices, receiving and payments of outstanding accounts
- Responsible for specific reports as required
- Prepare and reconcile employee’s expenses reports.
- Prepare purchase orders
- Completion of other accounting duties and projects as assigned
The successful candidate will possess the following:
Education and Experience:
- Strong accounting background, related courses an asset
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in accounts payable
- Experience with Quick Books an asset
- Computer literacy in MS Office required with advanced skills in Excel
Competencies & Attributes:
- Exudes a high level of positive energy and is self-motivated, can work independently with minimal supervision and is a good team player.
- High comfort level in dealing with both internal and external clients inclusive of various internal departments, vendors and third party administrators
- Attention to detail with excellent time and project management skills
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization and with our customer/vendor base
We offer a competitive compensation package including an attractive base salary, short term and long term incentives.