Altex Energy is a crude oil transportation company that provides customers with infrastructure alternatives to pipelines. Altex provides medium to long term contracts to customers and producers to transport crude oil from our terminals to refineries and other markets via rail car. Altex partners with Canadian National Railway to provide a full service system to manage the loading, transportation, regulatory reporting and logistics of shipping crude oil and diluent using efficient systems and cost effective methods to manage the product to market.
Altex operates primarily in Alberta and Saskatchewan with an aggressive growth plan to continue to build and operate terminals to handle crude oil products for customers in Canada and the US.
Reporting to the Terminal Manager, this role will be accountable to perform the following:
- Responsible for operating the terminal in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with Altex’ established practices, procedures and operating guidelines.
- Responsible for the overall maintenance of the operational equipment through preventive maintenance, and ongoing monitoring of the operation.
- Monitoring the overall effectiveness of operations while maintaining a safe and environmentally sound terminal.
- Assists with the communication and enforcement of all of the standard operating procedures, processes and policies with respect to sampling, spin cuts and loading of crude oil.
- Troubleshooting operational issues, working with the manager for resolve and to ensure smooth processing of trucks and railcar loading.
- Assisting with corporate logistics, CN, other customers and stakeholders to ensure efficient processing of the crude oil loading.
- Responsible for the coordination of site repairs and maintenance as identified by the management team and ensuring that the quality of workmanship and project materials meets quality Standards.
- Communicate issues to the manager as required.
- In the absence of the manager, the terminal facilities operator is responsible for the overall management of the site, which includes administration and the day to day operation of the site.
Health and Safety
- Monitors and supports Health and Safety procedures and policies, protocols and processes to operate a safe and compliant site.
- Provide the appropriate direction to all staff and others as related to safe working procedures.
- Ensure consistent use of all Personal Protective Equipment at all times on the site.
- Ensure appropriate regulatory and compliance requirements are understood, communicated and implemented as necessary.
Human Resources Management
- Works with the manager to train, retain and develop all employees required to manage the site. This includes Administrators, Loaders, Foreman, Assistant Managers, Lead Hand, Health and Safety Officer, and others as necessary.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
Education and Experience
- Post - secondary education preferably related to process operating and/or completion of 4th class power engineering.
- Minimum of 3-5 experience in the oil industry.
- Rail experience an asset.
- H2S alive, WHIMIS, TDG, Confined Space entry, First Aid, e-rail requirements
Competencies & Attributes:
- Ability to foster internal relationships with Management and staff and other groups such as Logistics, Human Resources and other groups as required.
- Knowledge of oil and gas industry.
- Previous experience working in a trans loading facility or a similar role would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety policies and regulatory requirements in Alberta and/or Saskatchewan required.
- Strong analytical and decision making skillset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates a very high regard for safety in the workplace, and has a strong commitment to operational policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and perform operating and maintenance processes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software and the general use of computers as an aid to deliver on results.
- Exudes a high level of positive energy and is self-motivated with unquestionable ethics and integrity.
- Results oriented with an ability to respond to rapid growth, multiple demands and priorities.
- Possess a team-centric approach that is supportive and encouraging.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and leadership skills.
- Demonstration of tenacity and ability to be assertive depending on the situation.
15% travel may be required
We offer a competitive compensation package including an attractive base salary, short term and long term incentives.
Indeed - 15 months ago