ALTERNA SAVINGS

ALTERNA SAVINGS Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
stay away from this employer
financial advisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: no pros
Cons: everything is con
Stay away from this employer. The culture means "micromanagement" and finger pointing. After 2 weeks of working at Alterna you will be close to nervous breakdown.The work/life balance means your manager calling and emailing you at 10.30 pm on Saturday night or chasing you during your lunch break. Forget advancement. Be happy that you have a job. Salaries are below standard GTA compensation. Even if you are desperate to get a job consider working at Starbucks to pay your rent but not at Alterna.
Great benefits, absolutely terrible employer
Call Centre (Former Employee), OntarioNovember 24, 2014
Pros: health benefits, dental benefits, colleagues
Cons: terrible/non-sufficient training, dull-to-none culture, horrible management, hr is always against you, branch staff treats call centre staff horribly, not a paper-saving environment at all!
I had worked for a bank in the past and absolutely loved it therefor I thought Alterna would be a great fit. I was so, so wrong! From my first week of training at Alterna I had to drag myself into work every day. The training was way below sub-par and borderline unacceptable. The trainer lacks ANY and ALL training/people skills. During training (which is supposed to be 2 and a half weeks of training then two weeks on the phone and then again back in training class) ended up being 4 weeks and at the end the only thing we had learned was the trainers personal life.
Then once you are on the phones, you are constantly told and reminded of everyone who is there to help you however when you reach out for help they act as if you are a huge bother.

I strongly advise against applying for any positions within this company. Unless you enjoy being walked all over and not have any of your efforts/hard work noticed.
Positive attitude
QA ANALYST (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 12, 2014
Pros: party once in month on friday
Cons: n/a
good and friendly environment helps me in competing all tasks on time,learned a lot and increase my skills.
N/A
N/A (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 28, 2013
N/A- great place to work. room for advancement but compensation could be higher.
Good company benifits and salary
Manager Member Service (Former Employee), Bolton, ONApril 25, 2012
Pros: great benifits and incentives
Cons: having to leave
A typical day went in so fast as there was always something different to do, in the years I was there I learned a lot about finance, for the most part the management was good, the co workers all got along well, we had all woked together for some time and we worked well toghether. The hardest part was the stress in trying to meet monthly goals. The most enjoyable was it was a really nice office, close to home it was a good place to work, and getting to know the customers well.