Altera Corporation

Altera Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good place to work.
Manager/Product Manager SAP BI/EPM/Big Data (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMay 22, 2014
Good and hardworking place to work.
Good benefits and compensation.
Great company to work for
Senior Product Marketing Manager (Current Employee), San Jose, CANovember 15, 2013
Hard working culture with appropriate reward structure

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you work with.
Productive and fun place to be
ADVANCED SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Current Employee), San Jose CAOctober 16, 2013
Good work life balance, great place for growth,subsidized meals, events.. good benefits
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAAugust 29, 2013
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: long hours
Hectic department with a lot of work on reports and power point presentations. Also a lot of travel arrangements for department colleagues.
Good technology, people spread too thin
Engineer (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMay 20, 2013
Pros: many very good people, strong teamwork, great technology
Cons: not enough people, creating high turnover and making things worse
Altera offers great technology but has focused too long on operational efficiency and doesn't have enough people in the right places to be nearly as successful as it could be. This has created a culture in which slow reaction to market changes, customers, and competition are accepted as normal.
Altera was a great experence and a excellent company in many areas.
Major Account Manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CaliforniaFebruary 26, 2013
I worked remote with Altera covering the Utah/Idaho/Montana territory. I was responsible for all channel partners and distributors and helped them reach their budget and keeping them trainned on the Altera products. I had direct cutomers responsiblities for the major customers in the territory ( HP, Micron, L3 Communications, GEHC, Rockwell Collins, – more... Raytheon, Fusion-io and Grass Valley Group).
My direct line management was located in Denver. I set up customer meetings with the intent of designing our prodcuts into their future products. I worked directly with design engineers and company management up to the C-levels. I worked with purcahasing and commodity management, making sure products shipped on time for their schedules. I was responsible to handle any issuess at the customer and was the first line of contact.
I learned that I am a self starter, competitive person and capible to find solutions to challenges and issues so that everyone wins. I am excellant at developing customer relationships. I learned to be strategic in my sales approach. I am a hardworker and use to working well beyond the 8-5pm day.
Hardest part of the job was keeping everyone focused on teh same objective and to follow the plan we set as a team.
The most enjoyable part of the job was winning as a team and helping customer find solutions to their issues and problems. – less
Not bad overall, efficient strutures, high margins, some management issues
Senior Management (Former Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: product space
Some micromanagement and political issues especially through the lean years but basically a company in a good product space with good talent and lots of challenging work.
Pretty good overall
Senior Manager (Former Employee), Corporate officeJanuary 3, 2013
Good pay, great facilities, successful company with high margins, good work / life balance, a few issues with management but overall pretty good
fantastic place to work for.
Quality Assurance , Coordinator and Trainer (Former Employee), San Jose, CANovember 29, 2012
Pros: playing basketball, company benefits, health care
Cons: none.
I was in charge in the calibration program, as well as MIL-STD specification test of FBGA, PLD. packages.
Management were great. My co workers were like family members.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to interact with your co-worker every day due to load of work.
The most enjoyable part of the job when we had to work overtime in week – more... end to meet customer orders. – less
Fun place
Technical Lead/Project Manager (Current Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 28, 2012
Long working days, very traditional place philosphy. Culture is gradually changing but still very traditional company. Processes are very well established and organized. Company is run extremely efficiently.