Altec Industries Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work at all
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 May 2017
Worked there a few years back. Disrespectful, harassing, bullying is a common practice in the workplace by supervisors and employees. Nepotism is prevalent. Laid me off just when I would have qualified for 4 weeks' vacation. Got a better job. Would never work there again.
Pros
Cons
Management hiring their own relatives.
Terrible place to work for, terrible management, union in the shop so no real work was done
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC1 October 2016
Hired as a supervisor a few years back, lasted less than a year. Major promises made to get you in the door, but once employed there was never enough money to do what they said. Prior supervisors had screwed the system so bad when I took over I was blamed for jobs being over quoted hours before they even arrived, by thousands of hours. My manager had a huge chip on her shoulder, was a workaholic and already had one heart attack already because of it. Expected to work overtime as salaried employee, very little formal training on systems. Branch mechanics were unionized and incredibly lazy except a few. Overall the worst place I have worked in 30 years.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, bad pay, unrealistic management expectations, poor management.
terrible place to work
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON10 May 2016
if you want quick training do not work here, if you are younger than 20 years old they feel the need to baby sit you they never give you a full opportunity to do a real job.. management has their head stuffed so far up their behinds its incredible, everything is put off to the last minute and they take forever to get you your proper training.. management is very unorganized, some of the employees are rude, but many of them are very friendly and helpful.
Pros
good benefits, co-workers are friendly and helpful
Cons
management is rude and unorganized