Altec, Inc

Altec, Inc Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Long Hours
Engineer CO-OP (Former Employee), Daleville, VAMay 9, 2015
Pros: Great People
Cons: Long hours
The team at Altec has a lot of good people that really believe in a team spirit. We would have a meeting every Friday to discuss the business climate. However, every salary employee worked long hours. 60 hour weeks are a common load.
the job keeps you busy but, does not pay very well at all.
Assembler (Former Employee), Duluth, MNMay 3, 2015
this place is poorly managed in all aspects. theres a "good ol boy" system. so if your friends with your supervisor your almost guaranteed to move up.
productive
Time studies (Former Employee), Saint Joseph,mApril 21, 2015
a wonderful working enviorment and has a good staff. there are several good job worth working. Altec has many benefits and
A good place to work, great co-workers with very supportive management team.
Program Specialist (Current Employee), Colmar, PAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Paid snow days, good team spirit.
Cons: Not much advancement, no retirement match, no cost of living allowance (COLA).
Generally a good place to work. Lots of truly dedicated professionals working here. In service days are mandatory and paid. One shift, daytime, no weekends, no overtime.
3 saturdays off in a year
dress out assembler (Former Employee), birminghamMarch 11, 2015
Pros: leaving
Cons: more overtime than anybody can handle and its mandatory
a typical day consists of management standing over you for 10 hours a day and 7 hours on saturday and the corporate owners and managers do not care about hours or family but they tell you that they do the only enjoyable part is going home to sleep. if you want to have a life outside of work or more than 3 or 4 days off a month do not work here
Very diverse equipments to work on
Technician Specialist (Former Employee), Dixon, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: job security, lots of ot and never get bored
Cons: heavy equipment, lost of welding dust, no ac and safety was a concern
Enjoyed working on all different types of equipment that always had a challenge with all sorts of malfunctions to troubleshoot and repair.
Had great coworkers who were always helpful to each other when needed.
I really enjoyed the challenges of troubleshooting and job satisfaction at the end of the day.
Sad
Hydraulic /Electrical installer (Former Employee), ElizabethtownFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: big name
Cons: management
Altec has some good employees, but some bad management, their factory workers are made up of supervisors that hate their job and feel trapped, which leads to poor attitudes among the entire plant, also the temporary labor is made to believe they can have a career any day but basically do all the manual labor with hourly pay that no one could live off of... This job is perfect for ex-cons that live with their parents.
Great Enviorment
Welder/ Saw Operator (Current Employee), St. Joseph MOJanuary 19, 2015
Great environment with great people to work with. I learned teamwork is the most important aspect of your job.
Work
Electricial Assembler (Current Employee), Creedmoor, NCJanuary 1, 2015
It has been a while since I have worked at this company. But I can remember that it was a nice place
good work environment
Hydraulic Technician (Former Employee), houston txDecember 30, 2014
lots of good benifits, but the payscale was not on par with the competetors. For being in south texas they need to offer more for the cost of living.
Somewhat bland manufacturing environment
Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Asheville, NCDecember 30, 2014
Pros: overtime option, decent compensation
Cons: long days, poor location, lack of culture
I worked at Altec for about eight months while I was studying IE in school. The company is a mid-sized private manufacturing company. As a quality engineer, my role was to work with customers, analyze firsthand quality feedback, and work to preemptively stop defects before they occurred. I generally worked five 10-hour shifts, with the option of overtime on Saturdays. I was also provided the opportunity for some large-scale projects and Rapid Continuous Improvement events.
A productive and enjoyable work environment
Manufacturing Engineering Co-op (Former Employee), Creedmoor, NCDecember 26, 2014
My co-op with Altec Industries has been very rewarding. Working in the lean manufacturing environment has equipped me with valuable experience in the areas of problem solving, time management, goal setting, and communicating. I feel that I will be an extremely effective team member and leader for any future work endeavors that I pursue.
Great job with good pay
Temp, Hydraulic Technician in Training (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 21, 2014
At Altec you are able to learn a multitude of things while helping the customer.
Senior Body Designer - Solid Works (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALDecember 21, 2014
Solid company with an great group of team members, many have been there over ten years, good place to work.
I like everyone I work with and I like the atmosphere.
General Laborer (Current Employee), Saint Joseph, MONovember 25, 2014
Cons: my status is temporary and the job does not pay what i am used to.
I am learning a lot and feel Like I am catching on quickly. I have only been there for a few weeks and am working through Imko Staffing service. The Job does not seem hard to me so far and the most enjoyable part of the job is the people and the technology they have.
GREAT EXPERIENCE, LEARNED ALOT
TEMP (Former Employee), TARRENT, ALNovember 19, 2014
EVEN THO THE JOB SECURITY WAS VERY POOR YOU'LL NEVER KNOW WHEN YOUR TIME IS UP THERE I LEARNED HOW TO OPERATE AN LOT OF MACHINERY. THE PEOPLE WAS GREAT THERE LOTS OF TEAM WORK AND PLENTY OVERTIME. THE WORK WAS EASY PUTTING PARTS ON TRUCK BEDS, APPLYING DOOR JAMS, AND CAULKING CRACKS IT WAS A VERY SIMPLY JOB
worked on the line
Technician Assistant (Current Employee), Saint Joseph, MONovember 10, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: low pay
Long hours and very hot in the summer. They do offer great insurance, but pay not so good
Guaranteed work with good benefits
painter (Current Employee), Saint Joseph, MONovember 9, 2014
Pros: guaranteed work
Cons: working nights, (third shift)
I come in arrange parts that needs to be painted from day shift. After finishing day shifts left-overs I do color changes on cylinders for our colored machines. While doing tins I inspect the booms that come off the powder coat line and correct any imporfections with single stage wet paint. I have learned how to blend paint so you don't have to paint an entire area. Management is easy to talk to when I have an issue come up. Co-workers are hard workers that get the job done while staying up-beat about their jobs. The hardest part of the job is being able to finish the day shifts left over work as well as doing mine in 8 hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is painting. Taking a piece from unsatifactory to a satisfactory piece of work.
very good compay to work for
Material Handler I Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 4, 2014
Pros: good work enviroment
Cons: cold outside
unload trucks for inside products unload and stage large equipment in outside yard bring equipment in when ready for truck assembley
distribute part to floor work areas as needed
fast paced work enviroment, very dirty , leads were lazy, quality was underloooked
Paint Technician (Former Employee), Daleville, VAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: break every 2 hours
Cons: short lunch, no training, had to be temp, only 4 pts allowed
all they cared about was time. they always said it was quality but doing a paint job with a paint brush is not quality expecially on a hundred thousand dollar vehicle. they hired people with no experience in paint and they were constantly messing parts/trucks up. management only cared about the time on trucks which I understand but when you want a quality product it takes time to get that. training was horrible half the people didn't know what they were doing and altec wouldn't train them at all. team leads where lazy and didn't help any of the new employees. simply put they just wanted to hit big numbers without doing a full paint job because they are money hungry. supervisors only worried about their bonuses would never know the answer to any questions and would rarely get back to you if they did even have an answer so you were always winging it and sending it down line which caused for a lot of re works which costs money

1 2 3 4 5

About Altec, Inc

Altec is a leading provider of products and services to the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, lights and signs, – Read more