Altec, Inc

Altec, Inc Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Medium-sized focus factory that is great to start at!
Co-op (Former Employee), Creedmoor, NCJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Good size, Hands-on work, Great Entry Level Location
Cons: Long hours, Penny-pinching, Limited Advancement
Altec Industries (Creedmoor) produces various equipment for the utility and forestry industries (namely, bucket trucks or aerial devices). Creedmoor is unique in that they input raw materials and trucks and output custom-made bucket-trucks. Alot of production in-house with multiple techniques used, great learning and experimenting location for entry level.

Currently in modernization. Some management makes it feel like its my way or the high-way, not much room for vertical advancement, but plenty of room for horizontal moves (across departments).
Good working enviroment
Truck Assembler (Former Employee), Creedmore NCJuly 15, 2015
nice people, to work with! management lacks people skills! Enjoyed the chance to learn and see new things! I would love to work for a company like the this, with a better Employee Management relationship!
N/A
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 2, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
The company has a history of lay-offs with certain employees.
The company overall is still family owned, great benefit plan.
DONT get tied up with this place!
Welder/Fitter (Former Employee), Creedmoore NCJune 8, 2015
Pros: ...none
Cons: Overworked, negative enviroment, alot of backstabbing
Some of the leadman are lazy,will figure out a way to let you go behind your back..Also be ready to be overworked,and not recognized for the quality you put in..
Growing company with a fast passed working envioroment
Electrical Installer (Former Employee), Dixon, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: Set schedule with lunches, breaks, end of work. Always potential for overtime.
Cons: Too many changes too quick that destroyed moral
This division of the company was going thru great changes and re-organization of management and work proceedures. It is a solid company to work for. They follow OSHA regulations and reward employees for bringing attention to potential problems. The production line went thru alot of organization and standard storage of tools and items. This made for completing jobs to go smoother. They have regular breaks and lunch hours. Lunch room has a food kiosk and lots of tables and microwaves and refridgerators for employees to use. Management is a hard one since there was a lot of changes in this area. Most co-workers were easy to get along with. Most were not shy to lend a helping hand where needed. The best part of the job was learning new ways to complete jobs and diagnosing electrical problems. There is nothing like fixing an issue that seemed unsolvable.
Long Hours
Engineer CO-OP (Former Employee), Daleville, VAMay 9, 2015
Pros: Great People
Cons: Long hours
The team at Altec has a lot of good people that really believe in a team spirit. We would have a meeting every Friday to discuss the business climate. However, every salary employee worked long hours. 60 hour weeks are a common load.
the job keeps you busy but, does not pay very well at all.
Assembler (Former Employee), Duluth, MNMay 3, 2015
this place is poorly managed in all aspects. theres a "good ol boy" system. so if your friends with your supervisor your almost guaranteed to move up.
productive
Time studies (Former Employee), Saint Joseph,mApril 21, 2015
a wonderful working enviorment and has a good staff. there are several good job worth working. Altec has many benefits and
A good place to work, great co-workers with very supportive management team.
Program Specialist (Current Employee), Colmar, PAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Paid snow days, good team spirit.
Cons: Not much advancement, no retirement match, no cost of living allowance (COLA).
Generally a good place to work. Lots of truly dedicated professionals working here. In service days are mandatory and paid. One shift, daytime, no weekends, no overtime.
3 saturdays off in a year
dress out assembler (Former Employee), birminghamMarch 11, 2015
Pros: leaving
Cons: more overtime than anybody can handle and its mandatory
a typical day consists of management standing over you for 10 hours a day and 7 hours on saturday and the corporate owners and managers do not care about hours or family but they tell you that they do the only enjoyable part is going home to sleep. if you want to have a life outside of work or more than 3 or 4 days off a month do not work here
Very diverse equipments to work on
Technician Specialist (Former Employee), Dixon, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: job security, lots of ot and never get bored
Cons: heavy equipment, lost of welding dust, no ac and safety was a concern
Enjoyed working on all different types of equipment that always had a challenge with all sorts of malfunctions to troubleshoot and repair.
Had great coworkers who were always helpful to each other when needed.
I really enjoyed the challenges of troubleshooting and job satisfaction at the end of the day.
Sad
Hydraulic /Electrical installer (Former Employee), ElizabethtownFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: big name
Cons: management
Altec has some good employees, but some bad management, their factory workers are made up of supervisors that hate their job and feel trapped, which leads to poor attitudes among the entire plant, also the temporary labor is made to believe they can have a career any day but basically do all the manual labor with hourly pay that no one could live off of... This job is perfect for ex-cons that live with their parents.
Great Enviorment
Welder/ Saw Operator (Current Employee), St. Joseph MOJanuary 19, 2015
Great environment with great people to work with. I learned teamwork is the most important aspect of your job.
Work
Electricial Assembler (Current Employee), Creedmoor, NCJanuary 1, 2015
It has been a while since I have worked at this company. But I can remember that it was a nice place
good work environment
Hydraulic Technician (Former Employee), houston txDecember 30, 2014
lots of good benifits, but the payscale was not on par with the competetors. For being in south texas they need to offer more for the cost of living.
Somewhat bland manufacturing environment
Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Asheville, NCDecember 30, 2014
Pros: overtime option, decent compensation
Cons: long days, poor location, lack of culture
I worked at Altec for about eight months while I was studying IE in school. The company is a mid-sized private manufacturing company. As a quality engineer, my role was to work with customers, analyze firsthand quality feedback, and work to preemptively stop defects before they occurred. I generally worked five 10-hour shifts, with the option of overtime on Saturdays. I was also provided the opportunity for some large-scale projects and Rapid Continuous Improvement events.
A productive and enjoyable work environment
Manufacturing Engineering Co-op (Former Employee), Creedmoor, NCDecember 26, 2014
My co-op with Altec Industries has been very rewarding. Working in the lean manufacturing environment has equipped me with valuable experience in the areas of problem solving, time management, goal setting, and communicating. I feel that I will be an extremely effective team member and leader for any future work endeavors that I pursue.
Great job with good pay
Temp, Hydraulic Technician in Training (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 21, 2014
At Altec you are able to learn a multitude of things while helping the customer.
Senior Body Designer - Solid Works (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALDecember 21, 2014
Solid company with an great group of team members, many have been there over ten years, good place to work.
I like everyone I work with and I like the atmosphere.
General Laborer (Current Employee), Saint Joseph, MONovember 25, 2014
Cons: my status is temporary and the job does not pay what i am used to.
I am learning a lot and feel Like I am catching on quickly. I have only been there for a few weeks and am working through Imko Staffing service. The Job does not seem hard to me so far and the most enjoyable part of the job is the people and the technology they have.

1 2 3 4 5

About Altec, Inc

Altec is a leading provider of products and services to the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, lights and signs, – Read more