ALSTOM

Project delivering
Sharing knowledge
GOOD WORKING EXPERIENCE
ELECTRICAL SITE ENGINEER (Current Employee), AJMAN, uaeDecember 16, 2013
Pros: good
Cons: good
GOOD AND WELL EXPERIENCED STAFF.
HIGH TECHNICAL QUALITIES.
MOST TALENTED WORKERS
Team Leader/Cleaner (Former Employee), Chester, ENGNovember 28, 2013
Cons: nights
Id start the night by getting the cleaning buckets together, making lists of who was working with who and what each person's job was for the night.
Management were around if and when you needed them
Some good and bad team workers,
keeping the trains in top condition has best we could,
Valuable experience in professional environment
TRAINEE(QA Analyst) (Former Employee), Noida, UPOctober 18, 2013
Pros: free lunch, free gym membership
This experience was valuable because I was able to work in a big company under valuable guidence of experienced professionals.I attended the meeting for the first time in my carrer within the departments and with the clients.I was like a never ending learning experience for me.The co workers and management encouraged me and helped me with whatever difficulties – more... I faced.The hardest part was moulding myself to this new environment.But it helped me eventually to which ever place i went.The office hours were from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM which usually extended till 6:00PM. – less
every thing is good except job security.
CW Construction Co-ordinator (Current Employee), DohaOctober 16, 2013
I have been working with ALSTOM for more than 5 years.In a span of 5 years, so many things i learnt.Every thing is good only one bitter experience i have with this MNC that there is no job security.
productivity and good managers who cares about their employees
finance trainee (Current Employee), GPOctober 15, 2013
Alstom is a good company who cares about its employees and want averyone to grow in a business and learn more about new things to merge the standard because technology change every day. Ther's good managers who communicate and treats employees in a good way.
out of touch with workers
machinest (Current Employee), kentuckyOctober 6, 2013
management dose not have a clear plan .
letting machines get old and broken in some cases even dangerous. they have had one almost killed in 2012 , that same machine is still running with out repairs, and has not been fixed.
the hardest part of the job is trying to work with QC department that dose not have the tools to check the parts, some of the – more... time they just tape the product
they have been hiring unskilled people to run the machines and the quality has now suffered so must that the costumers are not coming back
they have two schedule shutdowns per year a total of 10 days which you must use your vacation days to be payee ,and now told all of there employs, to take 10 days off before the next physical year begins in march 20014
but let us know no job have been lost and no one at this time will be layoff – less
Project manager and Congiguration manager
Quality Manager Project (Former Employee), LYON FranceSeptember 16, 2013
I was in charge 2 points, in first the configuration managment and project leader on aeronautic software
good
Senior design team leader for secondary package (Current Employee), cairo-egyptSeptember 2, 2013
Pros: very friend enviroment, good scope of work, good co-workers
Cons: old management, no real system implementation
Alstom grid egypt missing some points from its multinational brand.
1-Do real QMS.
2-Do real performance system (ALPS).
3-Management refreshment and new blood must come to it.
Excellent
Instrument Pipefitter (Former Employee), West Burton, ENGAugust 14, 2013
Alstom’s UK presence can be traced back to 1889 with the formation of the General Electric Company Ltd, the merger of GEC and Compagnie D'Electricitie (CGE) in 1989 - to become GEC Alsthom - and the eventual formation as Alstom in 1998.

Today Alstom operates out of more than 30 key locations across the country and employs around 6,500 people within – more... its Transport, Power and Grid Sectors, helping to develop the UK's power, transmission and transport infrastructure to meet the challenges ahead. – less
Productive at times
Approved Electrician (Former Employee), West BurtonAugust 5, 2013
The work i.e. electrical installation sometimes manic to get work done but also boring while waiting more work to begin. Management were not electrically biased and did not push for more continuity of work, although they were good to work for.
My co-workers thought similar to myself about the work and great to work with.
The most difficult part of job – more... was seeing out time without much work. The best part of job was getting along with workmates and having a bit of a laugh while getting the job done. – less
Productive and Fun work place
Plater/welder (Former Employee), Northwich Chester.July 15, 2013
Pros: early finish fridays
Start 07.30 Finish 17.30
To work as a team member, in a Safe manner.
Management. Co-ordinate daily work patterns.
Co-workers all working in a safe manner, In a hostile dangerous environment.
Most enjoyable part of the job. Completing the job on time to a tight budget, and working in a health and safety manner as a team.
WORKPLACE
Assembler and Solderer (Former Employee), STAFFORD UKJuly 11, 2013
Pros: lots of overtime
Cons: being laid off from time to time
I ENJOYED MY WORK AT ALSTOM, IT WAS G.E.C. BACK IN THE 1970S BUT TIMES C HANGE. I WAS TRAINED TO BUILD PCBS TO A HIGH STANDARD. I WAS TAUGHT QUALITY BEFORE QUANITY.I HAVE ALWAYS GOT ON WELL WITH CO WORKERS AND MANEGMENT. THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB IS I ALWAYS HAVE TO CONCENTRATE ON WHAT I IM DOING. THE BEST PART OF MY JOB IS KNOWING I DID NOT GET MANY – more... REJECTS, THEN I KNOW I HAVE DONE A GOOD JOB. – less
Productive, and self-value valued
Internship (Former Employee), Shanghai, ChinaJuly 1, 2013
I learn a lot about real life practice of hedging and corporate taxes. Besides, I l enjoyed myself in communicating with different kinds of people effectively and including bankers, company clients, and managers of the company.
Productive Workplace and Exciting Technology
Turbine Validation Intern (Former Employee), Baden, SwitzerlandJune 25, 2013
I enjoyed working at ALSTOM (Switzerland) during my internship. It was a good place to learn and develop as a professional.
Good company, just in a bad economy
MANUFACTURING ENGINEER (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNApril 1, 2013
I've enjoyed working at Alstom and would encourage anyone else to join their team
Productive and challenging enviroment
Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNMarch 27, 2013
Lean and Sixsigma projects. Great to work with some of the Largest Heavy Lathes in the world. Co-Workers were great to work with. Climate controlled facility made factory floor work highly enjoyable, even in the worst outside conditions.
Run away!
technical (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 20, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: everything else
In almost 30 years, I have never felt the need to burn any bridge, but this place is dysfunctional with a capital D. They could do a case study in business school about bullying in the workplace. My department had a turnover rate of about 200% over an 18 month period. Management is clueless, and borderline unethical.
Challenging Job But Poor Managment
Commissioning Technician (Former Employee), Newport,VictoriaMarch 18, 2013
1) Challenging work
2) Installation of Digital Radio project (Lead role) (DTRS)
3) Very poor management and Lack of Management support
4) Co-workers were excellent)
5) Had to re-designed Schematic Diagram (DTRS) in order to correctly install it to Alstom Trains.
6)Teamwork amongst co-worker.
Much deskwork with interesting Construction Sites visits
Engineering Manager (Former Employee), Athens, GREECEMarch 16, 2013
Pros: two extra salaries as bonus per year
Cons: very busy/noisy environment that impedes one's concentration.
Coffee.Morning meeting with the team.Yesterday's problems in the work,progress review,how to proceed,-if needed- new job allocation.Keep working with the template studies,if something new is required ,where to look,what to do.Big library with Norms, Specs,old Projects, technical data is available.My collegues in the Grid Engineering Team have been evoluted – more... to be self-sufficient;five people: one gentleman,four ladies ,3 to 5 years of experience.Our Company is multinational,our subsidiary involves 3 sectors : Power Generation,Transport, Power distribution/transmission (Grid).The management is complicated after our merge.Projects that cover a wide area.We follow-up nearly ten countries.Most difficult part of the job is to extract information over a long distance call when correspondance becomes stacking.We are enjoying occasonally a Site visit to inspect the correct implementation of the studies.It breakes the routine! – less

About ALSTOM

Alstom is all about speed and power. Alstom's Power segment is a world leader, providing boilers, turbines, air quality systems, – Read more