ALSTOM

ALSTOM Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A normal work day in IT!!!
IT&SSC Global IT Operations Workplace IT Support (Former Employee), BARCELONAJune 13, 2014
A normal work day in IT
Working with Citrix client and server
Backup network servers and files
Configuring wireless networks and integrating them into existing networks.
User Management - Microsoft Active Directory and DRA
Install Windows computers and all corporate programs
Configure E-mail: Lotus Notes, Outlook
Treasury manager
Accountant (Former Employee), barcelona, spainMay 27, 2014
Bank accounts reconciliation. Daily forecast. Payments (salaries, national and international vendors, taxes...). The most enjoyable part of my job was tea-working.
high pressure job
Control specialist (Former Employee), Hornell n.yMay 19, 2014
Pros: good insurance and good pay.
Cons: high pressure and long hours
Worked in production control chasing parts shortages for the production line.
Quality and delivery on cost basis
Project Manager (Former Employee), Located in EgyptApril 20, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short break
Manage the day-to-day business activity and coordinate with my project team daily activities.
Bi-weekly meeting to overview time schedule and engineering activities.
Project reviews with top management on monthly basis.
Site progress.
Customer reporting and business meetings with client ans suppliers.
Is an unstable place to work
Electrician 1 (Former Employee), Hornell, NYApril 12, 2014
I was an electrician I worked on railroad cars. I liked working here but depended on contract work. Was a safe place to work and co-works were great. We had good benefits it was a union job.
Stay away
Sr. Application Engr. (Former Employee), Rochester, NYApril 2, 2014
Stay away. Run by HR. Horrible management, so many layers no wonder they're losing money.
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor (Former Employee), AlgiersMarch 6, 2014
Project Management/QS Manager/Estimation Manager/Sr.Quantity Surveyor / Estimator in the field of Civil Engineering with Particular Reference in Construction & Infra structure industries (Pre and Post Tender In charge).
Very productive company in terms of quality of work and delivery
Arrangement and Piping Engineer (Current Employee), Baden, AGMarch 4, 2014
As a asst Project Engineer I really enjoyed working in this company.
Great place to work.
Master Instructor / Education Project Manager (Current Employee), Redmond, WAFebruary 22, 2014
Great people and environment. It's great to be with intelligent people where engineering growth occurs daily.
Professional and Fun to work.
CUSTOMER SERVICE/ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: people, salary, healthcare
Cons: no room for growth unless you could relocate.
Alstom was more like a family working toward a common goal. I worked with different business units acrocss our organization. I enjoyed working independently as well as with a team to solve any issues that would arise. A typical day would be assisting Service Engineers working with internal departments to ensure proper processes and efficient billing. – more... Setting up orders, processing documentation, calling customers, tracking opportunities. My most enjoyable part of the day was interacting with people. – less
Good to work
APPLICATION SUPPORT ANALYST (Former Employee), São Paulo, SPJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: job secure, friendship, vacations
Cons: no options tolearn and grow, lack of management, poor salaries
One of the best places I ever worked. even having some conflicts with my local manager.
Good people,good conditions and pay
Engineering Production Team Leader (Former Employee), Rocklea, QLDJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: a monthly barbeque
Cons: sometime long extended shifts
My day involved the production of large transformer coils and a big part of it was problem solving as no two transformers were the same. A lot of meetings involving design and manufacture problems.
In my 16 years with the company I learned how to lead a team and use my knowledge in training new starters.
Management over the time I worked there changed – more... significantly for the better as production workers were encouraged and assisted to train and apply for most supervisory and management positions.
Due to the nature of the product,experienced people rarely left so good relationships were formed among and across the 8 specialised teams in the factory floor.
I finished my last year as acting supervisor and I had 7 other supervisors and 4 managers to deal with everyday, so sometimes things got a bit frustrating.
I just really liked the people and the satisfaction of being part of building something that took sometimes 6 months to build and see it work. – less
productive
Production Worker (Former Employee), waynesboro gaJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: friendly people
Cons: short breaks
i looked forward to coming to work everyday and learning something new. i learned more than the usual.
OK
Project delivering
Sharing knowledge
GOOD WORKING EXPERIENCE
ELECTRICAL SITE ENGINEER (Current Employee), AJMAN, uaeDecember 16, 2013
Pros: good
Cons: good
GOOD AND WELL EXPERIENCED STAFF.
HIGH TECHNICAL QUALITIES.
MOST TALENTED WORKERS
Team Leader/Cleaner (Former Employee), Chester, ENGNovember 28, 2013
Cons: nights
Id start the night by getting the cleaning buckets together, making lists of who was working with who and what each person's job was for the night.
Management were around if and when you needed them
Some good and bad team workers,
keeping the trains in top condition has best we could,
Valuable experience in professional environment
TRAINEE(QA Analyst) (Former Employee), Noida, UPOctober 18, 2013
Pros: free lunch, free gym membership
This experience was valuable because I was able to work in a big company under valuable guidence of experienced professionals.I attended the meeting for the first time in my carrer within the departments and with the clients.I was like a never ending learning experience for me.The co workers and management encouraged me and helped me with whatever difficulties – more... I faced.The hardest part was moulding myself to this new environment.But it helped me eventually to which ever place i went.The office hours were from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM which usually extended till 6:00PM. – less
every thing is good except job security.
CW Construction Co-ordinator (Current Employee), DohaOctober 16, 2013
I have been working with ALSTOM for more than 5 years.In a span of 5 years, so many things i learnt.Every thing is good only one bitter experience i have with this MNC that there is no job security.
productivity and good managers who cares about their employees
finance trainee (Current Employee), GPOctober 15, 2013
Alstom is a good company who cares about its employees and want averyone to grow in a business and learn more about new things to merge the standard because technology change every day. Ther's good managers who communicate and treats employees in a good way.
out of touch with workers
machinest (Current Employee), kentuckyOctober 6, 2013
management dose not have a clear plan .
letting machines get old and broken in some cases even dangerous. they have had one almost killed in 2012 , that same machine is still running with out repairs, and has not been fixed.
the hardest part of the job is trying to work with QC department that dose not have the tools to check the parts, some of the – more... time they just tape the product
they have been hiring unskilled people to run the machines and the quality has now suffered so must that the costumers are not coming back
they have two schedule shutdowns per year a total of 10 days which you must use your vacation days to be payee ,and now told all of there employs, to take 10 days off before the next physical year begins in march 20014
but let us know no job have been lost and no one at this time will be layoff – less

About ALSTOM

Alstom is all about speed and power. Alstom's Power segment is a world leader, providing boilers, turbines, air quality systems, – Read more