ALSTOM

ALSTOM Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
DC
Document Controller (Current Employee), United Arab EmiratesJanuary 6, 2014
working environment and the documentation process was good
Short but sweet stay
Supplier Quality Leader (Former Employee), Sorel-Tracy, QCApril 18, 2013
Alstom is a great place to work.
It wasn't what I was looking for.
overall good environment, interesting people
Cleaner (Former Employee), NarvaJanuary 21, 2015
transportation to the workplace, which was 15 km away, was sorted by the company. working day did not involve much pressure
as I was assigned to the most expensive in the facility, so after a brief explanation I begun. management was always like this, brief and efficient, never took to much time from working hours. co-workers were very diverse from all over the world, yet it was easy to establish good relationship with them. hardest part was going up the stairs every time, as I was assigned to the place that was located on the last floor.
Th most enjoyable part were lunch bits, when I was able to speak with engineers a mechanics from all over the world on different topics.
My personal favorite work place good management, great training, awesome benefits.
ct/pt vertical and horizontal prefinal (Former Employee), Waynesboro, GAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: production bonuses, annual money for safety boots and other perks
Cons: fast turn over, hot summers, lack of parking
A typical day starts with either starting where we left off the day before or starting a process from loading the oven with units. After pulling units out of oven check the units build folder for parts to assemble onto unit from wiring diagram to cosmetic parts. I learned how to operate several different over head cranes, forklifts, and lifts. Also learned different testing tools such as fluke meters, and high pot meters at 3kv. Management was very good, they kept employees informed about production and other important information involving the company as well as providing very good and regular training for safety and work performance. Co-workers varied we had a fairly large turn over rate but all together was fairly good. Hardest part of the job was environmental summers were not very good to us, but the company provided Gatorade all through summer. I enjoyed the fact that the items i was building something that provided for millions of people across the world.
Alstom
Engineer Intern (Former Employee), São Paulo, SPJanuary 4, 2015
Good company to work for, provides great opportunities to its employess.
Extremely challenging and rewarding
Project Manager (Former Employee), Chennai, TNJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: opportunity to improve my knowledge by taking up additional projects like six sigma projects, prince2 certification
Cons: the customer payment was not always on time, hampering the execution of the project.
Job description involves the complete monitoring of turnkey projects right from the beginning to the completion of project. The job improved my skills in on-time sales, on-time contract execution, improving profit margin, and negotiations with contractors. It gave me the opportunity to work with diverse cultures and truly global teams. Executing turnkey projects on time was a challenge because of the various uncertainties involved in the project. I was confronted with several challenges at a time, and the job helped me learn to prioritize the given challenges in accordance of their importance and execute them. The enjoyable part was the interaction with various customers and contractors because it widened my perspectives of business with respect to both the customer and contractor.
productive
MMA and TIG Welder. (Former Employee), ENGDecember 8, 2014
My time training with Alstom was very enjoyable. All training given was to a very high standard, with great tutors. Was taught many welding positions, from overhead to down hand. T-fillet to 6inch pipe. Materials used were mainly carbon steel, though stainless was used at times. Got on well with all colleagues, and tutors.
productive and excellent job environment
senior signaling&train control systems engineer (Current Employee), CairoDecember 1, 2014
work is rotating shifts from 7:00 to 3:00 and from 3:00 to 11:00 and sometimes from 12:00 to 6:00 am during tests or some corrective maintenance events. i learned alot in this company under professional and friendly managment and with help of co-operative co-workers
Fun and learning place to work
Planning engineer (Current Employee), Vadodara, GJNovember 20, 2014
Pros: canteen facilities, flexi timings
Cons: lots of audit in a year
Working in alstom has always been a learning day for me ........For fresh engineer there is a lot to learn.......lot to learn about manufacturing processes and management fundas like lean.....
Engineer (Current Employee), San Jose, CANovember 12, 2014
Dynamic.
SITE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), SelbyNovember 11, 2014
Pros: knowledge
Cons: long hours
The day to day here is a set regime.
They explained to me what they expect and I put into place my measures to make sure it is done. I am left to my own devices to manage my own work, with set deadlines each week I must complete without fail. I have worked closely with the site manager who has mentored me quite a lot, this has been very helpful in learning everything I needed to know. The co-workers here are quick to help if you are in need. In my role I don't really struggle, as long as I am organised its hard to go wrong.
I have enjoyed this job as I have gained a great deal of knowledge of turbines and how they work.
Alstom is a team working company
Internship (Former Employee), Stafford, ENGNovember 5, 2014
Pros: training sessions given to develop skills relating to area of job
Alstom is a fun working company where team work is really encouraged. I worked as a part of a team and developed my interpersonal and communication skills
Largest power station projects in SA
Country HR Director (Former Employee), JohannesburgOctober 28, 2014
Pros: projects experience
Cons: long hours
I have held HR Executive and operational positions however no task is too menial for me – people are my passion and that is where I apply my skills. I have extensive generalist experience in all aspects of HR. I have travelled extensively to many Sub Sahara countries and also internationally and have gained invaluable experience in this regard.
Busy buzzy environment
In-House Recruiter (Current Employee), Nottingham, ENGOctober 17, 2014
Pros: seeing the tram running
Cons: project ending...
Great place to work, friendly people making work a pleasure.
Working on Dubai Tram : make the city evolves
Project Cost Controller (Current Employee), Dubai, DUSeptember 26, 2014
My work is focusing on given the right financial information to the Management for them to be able to have the "big picture" and take actions in order to monitor and deliver the expected financial KPI: sales, cash, contract margin.
Great company
Manufacturing Quality Engineer. (Former Employee), SwitzerlandSeptember 23, 2014
UK based looking after all machining suppliers in UK and Europe.
exellent
Apprentice Welder (Former Employee), staffordSeptember 5, 2014
good company, excellent training facilities, teachers and rates of pay.
Good employees willing to work hard.
Service Electrician (Current Employee), ENGSeptember 5, 2014
Alstom is a good company to work for, it can be an enjoyable place to be, but as an apprentice it can also be tough.
Good Co-Workers but lack of communication and poor management.
Former Employee (Former Employee), USAAugust 18, 2014
Management in Europe was not very transparent and did not provide good direction. Everything was expected to be done as was done at manufacturing sites in Europe that had 3X the staffing. Lots of non value added "chores" to be done.
Good place for work
Project Engineer Mechanical Equipment's (Current Employee), Baden, AGAugust 8, 2014
My typical working day consist of meetings (internally and externally with suppliers), design reviews and preparing project/product documentation.
I learned a lot about Power Plants.
Management and colleagues are very friendly and open for sharing knowledge.

1 2 3 4 5

About ALSTOM

Alstom is all about speed and power. Alstom's Power segment is a world leader, providing boilers, turbines, air quality systems, – Read more