Alstar Oilfield Contractors Ltd. Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Lower level guys are good to work with.
Field. Weld. Hydro. Paint. Blast. Operate. (Current Employee) –  Hinton Shop10 January 2018
Wrong people in the wrong positions as in supervisor and middle management. Schedule is a joke and the supervisors laugh about it. Hours are all over the chart. Some days 20hr shifts. Illegal by the way. Zero home life. Hired for one job but do all trades. Safety is a joke and when something is brought to their attention nothing is done about it. This list is endless. Go work for them and in a week you'll see. Nevermind in the first day you'll see.
great work place, I enjoyed it , but lack of work
Oil Field Worker (Former Employee) –  Hinton, AB9 June 2017
I enjoyed working for them, but there was a lack of work and was laid off. I enjoyed the hours and travelling, It was organized and I had was happy employed with them. I have been waiting patiently for call back but have not received one. I would gladly go back and work for them again.
Don't even consider this place!
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Hinton, AB8 January 2017
Worst company ever!

Wrong people in the wrong jobs and arrogant management.

No follow thru on projects and supervisors are bullies.

Questionable ethics.
Cons
Long hours which aren't compensated for
its an oilfield job
3rd Year Apprentice Steamfitter-Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Hinton, AB14 July 2016
its an oilfield job, 24 days on 7 days off. you get overworked and underpaid so it works out to the same amount as working a 9 day on 5 day off at regular pay. A little "clicky" but it is a good place to work, especially since they umped up their safety.