alsalam aircraft company Employee Reviews

Have had an opportunity to learn and apply the many other skills ncecssary to be successful in the aviation industry.
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Riyadh Saudi ArabiaAugust 1, 2015
During these past 2 years, I have had the challenge of working as a Quality Inspector in the Manufacturing/Production of F-15 Aircraft Wings, In this very fast paced environment I was able to apply my prior knowledge and skills in many areas.
Pros
Great work environment, Learned a lot about many other cultures
Cons
Geographical location
i do not recomend this company to anyone
Aerospace Propulsion Journeyman, (Former Employee) –  khamis mushayt saudi arabiaJuly 21, 2015
I do not recommend this company to anyone. They don't pay enough for all the things you have to put up with. Security level is below standard.If there is any way for them to cheat you out of money they will find it. All around bad experience and company in every way possible.
Pros
tax free
Cons
living condition, low pay, no advancement, working conditions, poor tools, bad management, security on living area
Very challenging environment
F-15 Aircraft Electrical/Avionics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Riyadh, S01December 31, 2014
Work began early, once the daily schedule was decided, the work day was productive and very unpredictable.
Good atmosphere
Supervisor Development (Former Employee) –  Riyadh, S01December 30, 2014
Being a lead, I have to make sure balance atmosphere is carry forwarded.
Listening to the subordinates as well the seniors.
Hardest and most enjoyable part of the job is to deliver the user requirement on time
Pros
respect in the organization
Cons
time
Poor company to work for!
Quality Management Assessor (Former Employee) –  Saudi ArabiaOctober 27, 2014
Work there once and never again! Co-workers in my department treated me the worst I have every been treated in all my 30 years of working anywhere!
Cons
too many to list
good
T-56 Engine Specialist (Former Employee) –  Riyadh, S01April 16, 2014
good, did not like Saudi Arabia. Difficult for Americans. This is all I am willing to share. It was not a good experience. thank you.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Saudi Arabian Aircraft Company
F-15 SA Conversion Recruiting Manager (Former Employee) –  Riyadh, S01April 4, 2014
Alsalam is an aircraft company in KSA that provides maintenance to the civilian and the Royal Saudi Air Force. They have a very centralized (Top-Down) management approach. There is little if any room for advancement. Alsalam provides great benefits for American Workers, however, they provide only partial benefits for TCN's. As a recruiting manager, I was sold during the interview on their willingness to support my recruiting initiatives based on my 16 years in the industry and a widespread network of contacts. However, their approach to recruiting was to do it 100% by phone and on the internet. They refused to allow recruiting to build the relationships to obtain the most qualified applicants. The company has a very high attrition rate to include Saudi Nationals because of the management approach.
Pros
for americans: housing, transportation (company cars for overhead positions), health care
Cons
zero direction, no formal training (learn through osmosis), doesn't trust their employees to do their jobs
Fun place to work, but, too far from home.
Ground Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Khamis Mushayt, Saudi ArabiaDecember 2, 2013
My typical day at work was arriving at 7 am and working solo until 3pm. I maintained all the ground equipment with help from my supervisor. I learned a lot about the culture and found the military and towns people very friendly for the most part. The hardest part of the job was risking my life riding the work bus to and from work. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alone side my supervisor.
Pros
great supervisor
Cons
not enough tools, no a/c, no heat, and low pay
aircraft sheetmetal mechanic
Aircraft Sheetmetal Mechanic (Former Employee) –  saudi, arabiaDecember 2, 2013
depot level repair on F15

nothen at all

management sucks

some were ok the rest i couldn't stand

getting on a flight out of the country

nothing
Pros
non
Cons
non
Contractor working in Saudi Arabia for Royal Saudi Air Force
Welder/Plasma Spray/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Saudi ArabiaNovember 26, 2012
Process parts and train the RSAF personnel.
Great conditions and the saudi people are very sociable.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
hard to aquire parts at times
Very slow enviornment, Saudi's are in no hurry to work.
Non-Destructive Technician (Former Employee) –  Taif, Saudi ArabiaMarch 22, 2012
Very hard to motivate the people and they really don't like to work.
Pros
good money!
Cons
away form family!