ALS GLOBAL Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Good working environment
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 July 2017
The company was nice to work for. They had comfortable work environment and a friendly atmosphere. However the company is only busy in the fall and does massive layoffs once snow begins to fall.
Bad all around
Inorganic analyst (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON17 March 2017
Staff have no work life balance at ALS. Don't work here if you have a family, are a student or have any self respect. Job is low paying for the accountable work you are actually putting out. People were continuously written up under unreasonable excuses and eventually fired because management wanted them out. Management is also secretive and everything is "hush hush" when it comes to staff schedualing or shift changes. Job was fun though, too bad they ruin staff motivation. ALS as a whole cares more about cost cutting initiatives than staff and quality laboratory products.
Pros
Free coucelling
Cons
Management, pay, work life balance, job security
productive good work environment
Analyst, spec dept (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC20 February 2017
Great place to work, but it is shift work and rotating shift work so everyone needs to work overnight shifts. If it was not for the overnight shifts I would have stayed.
Great workplace environment and management
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC19 December 2015
My typical day includes looking at the list of samples that are needed to be dispensed. I usually focus on the samples that are near the due date so that it can be analysed by the analyst and so the data can be given to the client immediately.S ince I was hired during the peak season there were a lot of samples going in every day but during the end of my time there the work load became few so I was naturally let go. My co-workers were very supportive to the newly hired people and you don't feel outplace in the work area.
Pros
Great work environment
First out - of - school experience
Inorganic Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON6 April 2015
This job was my first glimpse at working in the real world post graduation and I loved each and every moment of it. Unfortunately, most of the new hires are on short term contract only, which is a short period of exposure.