Candidate will work as a member of a group responsible for architecture, design and support of Unix and Storage systems; troubleshoot, resolve issues in a timely manner to minimize impact of system disruptions and implement required fixes. Candidate should have an advanced understanding of architecture and design issues in a complex enterprise environment.
- Perform system management, configuration management, troubleshooting and support, preventative and corrective maintenance, resource management, performance monitoring and enhancement on UNIX and storage platforms.
- Ensure that computer systems and operating systems are compliant with established configuration guidelines.
- Install, maintain and support 100+ Oracle x86 systems.
- Maintain and support Hitachi VSP SAN and NetApp NFS/CIFS filers.
- Maintain and support NetBackup infrastructure.
- Maintain and support peripheral devices; NetScreen firewalls, Array networks VPN
- Maintain and support market data applications including working with Exchanges to resolve and troubleshoot issues.
- Maintain and support - Nagios, Apache, Sendmail, Squid Proxies
- Project management.
- Develop and update written documentation & Provide status reports for projects and tasks
- Other duties and on-call rotation required.
Experience and Skills required:
- 10+ years Solaris administration experience, RedHat experience also desirable
- 7+ years Hitachi VSP and/or NetApp administration experience. Brocade experience desirable
- 3+ years NetBackup administration experience
- Advance level working knowledge and experience with NFS, TCP/IP, UDP, Multicast, SNMP
- Hands-on experience with monitoring/management tools, such as Nagios, WUG, OP5.
- Strong inter-personal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Positive customer service and team attitude (helping others when required)
- Be an excellent team player, but also self-driven, with the ability to work independently and maintain focus on multiple projects concurrently
- Organized, excellent analytical and problem solving skills coupled with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent problem identification, solving and troubleshooting skills in enterprise level environment, being able to logically step through the issues and troubleshoot problems by thinking outside of the box and being creative with solutions
- Ability and motivation to learn new technologies quickly
- Capital Market experience is an asset
Indeed - 9 months ago