Alpine Aerotech is repair, maintenance and overhaul facility for Bell Helicopters that was founded in 1991 and grown from 4 employees to 129 in 2014. Based in West Kelowna, Aerotech has flourished by focusing on customer service, technical expertise, quality of workmanship and delivering what we promise. Aerotech has established a reputation as a high quality service provider to Bell Helicopter operators and achieves an extremely high level of repeat customers and referrals.
We are seeking a highly motivated, forward thinking business graduate to join our finance team in West Kelowna. This position is best orientated for an individual who is detailed oriented, able to produce with tight deadlines and has an aptitude for dealing with change. Strong computer skills are an absolute must as a new ERP system was just implemented.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, key components of the role include:
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations
- Analyze general ledger accounts
- Assist with month end journal entries and preparing monthly reporting packages
- Assist with fixed asset ledger maintenance and helicopter parts tracking and forecasting
- Assist with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable as needed
- Develop Excel models, including capital budgets and forecasts
- Assist with audit and other ad hoc requests as needed
- Document scanning, filing and document management responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Skills
- Business degree with accounting major
- Good business acumen with a strong desire to learn and excel
- Fast paced learner, with the ability to get things done and outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills especially with Microsoft Office programs; Excel skills must be intermediate or above. Must also have the willingness to learn ERP software including setting up new processes and analysis.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize numerous tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written English
- 4 month contract, with the possibility for a contract extension. Monday to Friday, full time.