Alpine Access Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
American sweat shop
Telecommunications Support Agent (Former Employee), ColoradoOctober 7, 2013
Pros: work from home
Cons: everything else
Totally mismanaged...no communication, dysfunctional tools, no incentive for perfromance or advancement. Horrible working conditions
You work from home, but I would much rather go to an office
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Denver, COOctober 2, 2013
Pros: working from home, decent pay where i live
Cons: horrible supervisors with no respect toward employees, changing policy without notice, expect you to be the master caller in 1 day
So this was my first adventure into a call center atmosphere. The job itself was very much something I think I could enjoy but that is where the complaints actually set in with this company.

Training, was absolutely wonderful. The trainer that I was assigned to was very motivating, helpful and just made coming to work a complete pleasure. She was very – more... knowledgeable and would go out of her way to help anyone who felt as if they were being left behind.

On-the-job-training was a step down mainly because the trainer changed due to my original one being taken off and pulled into another training environment for a different group of people. The lady that my class was assigned to had absolutely the worst personality I have ever had to endure. She treated grown adults as small children who needed their hand held and talked down to as if we were on a lower intelligent bracket than she was. One of her co-trainer's was even worse. We were supposed to receive coaching after she had listened to a few days of our beginning live calls. It was the most de-motivational speech I have ever heard. Nobody done not even one thing right according to her, and all she could spread was negativity towards the entire class of 50 people.

Do not get any form of coaching through a 2 week process of taking live calls. Get switched to production and it's like a completely new environment. We've never heard of some of their policies over the 6 weeks. I've been threatened with corrective action even after I told my supervisor I have a medical condition that is in a flare up state that does not allow me to sit until my designated break time. If I have to use the restroom I cannot wait and you would think I was asking for someone to give me the holy grail for a restroom break IF necessary.

Threatened with correction action when their phone system locked up and I could not take calls, said it was frowned upon as they saw it as stealing money from the company. Seriously? Is the place going to go broke over 8 minutes? Especially when it wasn't even my fault.

This job is actually a very fun job but the people that you have to deal with are terrible. Absolutely terrible. How long will I stay here? Until something better comes along and I check daily for other job opportunities. – less
Low pay, when you get paid but you do not get paid for their equipment failures
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee), Dewitt, IAOctober 1, 2013
Pros: learning how companies can scam their employees
Cons: low pay, not paid for downtime due to their system issues, no benefits
Ok so I thought it would be great working from home, I farm so we have down time over the summer and winter months between planting and harvest. The pay is super low, I had to buy an old fashioned corded phone with no call waiting plus a corded headset and a 32 bit computer plus my own internet connection which all cost ove $1,000. Oh plus I had to – more... pay for my own background check!!! Then I'm offered the job, stating I would get full time and paid "over $12.00 an hour if you perform well". Ok so I go through a one week training class, and find out on the last day that e are only paid minimum wage for the training. Ok I dealt with it. But then I get my schedule for my first week of actually doing the job, after the week of training and spending over $1,000 to work there and all the hassles and jumping through hoops, I am scheduled for one 1.5 hour shift, and two 2 hour shifts. I was like WHAT????

So I complain to my TL who says she's sorry but that's how it works here.

So I figure whatever, I'll stick it out because it's off season and I'm here, so I work for this company for a year.

During this time there are a LOT and I mean TONS of computer problems, technical issues, and one full week where I couldn't log into citrix. The week I was down, they escalated it to their help desk who spent a week trying to figure why I can't get into Citrix. They finally throw up their hands and say it's my computer, and bring it in to get fixed. So I call my friend who is great at IT, he looks at it, reinstalls Citrix a different way, and has me up and running in less than 2 minutes. So the HD guy at Alpine blamed my computer when it was a simple fix. I didn't get paid for any of this.

Another HUGE problem, is that anytime there is a problem when you're working, they have you "LOLI" (log off log in), which you don't get paid for. They send you tons of emails you have to read and you have to do that all on your own time. You are expected to log in early and sit there and wait. But you ONLY get paid for talk time on the phone. I spend hours per week between reading the emails, printing off the new offers and promotions, and the constant downtime because of THEIR equipment failures, which I do not get paid for.

I have never made one penny in bonus even though I do my best, but the customers control the call. So when it's all done and said, I make less than minimum wage after taking out how much I have to pay per month on my own internet, my own phone line, not to mention everything I spent on my own equipment. That's not even including all the downtime I don't get paid for when they have equipment failure, and I'm constantly doing a LOLI or working with tech support.

I have done research online and have found that it is ILLEGAL for a company to do this. If you are expected to be at work and are doing things for work, by law they HAVE to pay you. It is also ILLEGAL to pay less than minimum wage.

I am so tempted to report Sykes/Alpine Access to the government for scamming employees out of pay. – less
Alpine Access
Customer Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 14, 2013
The job was enjoyable other than the massive amount of downtime which I didn't get paid for.
1 nw contact
Customer service / work from home (Former Employee), Phoenix,azSeptember 7, 2013
Pros: work at home
Cons: unorganized and unprofessional/ managment spies on you on breaks
Inbound calls. Learned alot about medical equipment lead generation. working at home was nice. if you work for them make sure you are on mute because they will fire you if you say anything on break . Very unorganized and unprofessional 1000 a month only low pay and sent home if your not converting
Work from home
Team Leader (Current Employee), New Market, ALSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: no commute
Cons: low salary
As a work from home facility, compensation and growth is limited, however the structure has proven itself to be noteworthy.
awesome
collections (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 2, 2013
I have nothing to say but i have to type something in this box in order to continue
Great place for work at home opportunity
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Customer Service RepresentativeAugust 28, 2013
Pros: got to work from home
Cons: sometimes had to remember to stop working before i obtained overtime that had to be approved.
Responsible for inbound customer service calls in a virtual office/call center, order processing, data entry, posting payments for Office Depot. I learned how to ask the right questions to resolve any issues.I. Co workers were very helpful team leads were always available for any escalation issues. Hardest part was sometimes locating items that were – more... discontinued.I enjoyed helping others with issues related to orders incomplete and resolving there issues – less
Medical agent (Former Employee), AustellAugust 22, 2013
I worked at home full time with a schedule giving to me 2 weeks in advance. So I enjoyed that I could schedule doctor apt around my work schedule.
Lack Of Communication Will Get You Terminated
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FloridaAugust 15, 2013
Not a bad company to work for if you truly need employment and do not have any other options, or just want to be at home to work and do not have any other options.

Communication with management and human resources is not good. Had a mis communication issue with HR & Management. Had to take off from work for some time due to surgery, was excused by – more... management, but HR did not get the memo and I was let go when I tried to return to work. When I tried to resolve the issue, I could not get in touch with anybody at HR.

High Volume Calls & Fast Paced. Training is provided. – less
Great start to customer service.
Sales Associate / Customer Service (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 12, 2013
Great start to customer service. They provide a week of basic training to give you the skills to exceed. Many opportunities to work seasonal or all year around.
Xbox Live Specialist (Current Employee), Denver, COAugust 11, 2013
Pros: at home
Cons: pto is not truly paid time off
This place is alright, Its not a place to get comfortable and make a career
waste of time.
Customer service care professional (Current Employee), Denver, COAugust 10, 2013
Pros: work from home
Cons: long hours, no breaks, shorted pay
I enjoyed working for Alpine Access, it was convenient and easy. But I did not get paid for some of the Over time I was suppose to be paid. Training was a little confusing. They make you think you'll stay with them for a long time but will lay you off without a word. When you sign on you have to purchase your own equipment which is pricey.
great comany, temp position.
Customer Service & sales (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 21, 2013
Pros: working at home, no communting
Cons: weekend work, night work, didn't get to pick my schedule.
Loved working for this company, which I worked this company to work for Fugi, and loved taking the orders and payments.
Need employment
Customer Care Professional (Current Employee), remote agentJuly 16, 2013
A typical day at work with my current company is rather stressful with all the changes in policy and procedure. I do not have the flexibility to have a life outside of work. I am stuck on a schedule that seriously conflicts with my living and ability to make a secure life for my family, being the only adult employed in my household. The most enjoyable – more... part of the job is solving the issues and concerns of the callers. – less
Great ccompany to work fom home. Flexible hours and great people.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 15, 2013
Pros: 10 minutes breaks plus alpine did a match of up to 3% for your 401k.
Cons: part time there was no benefits.
A typical day would be to be ready to start your shift on time, answering calls from credit card customers. My customers were from Sam's Club and Walmart. Every call was unique and i got a lot a experience with problem solving. Management and my co-workers were great as we had a side bar with Yahoo Messenger and were able to discuss problems and how – more... to solve them quickly. The hardest part of the job was meeting the metrics of 3 minutes per call. I loved talking to different people and found it most enjoyable. I miss working there. – less
Work from Home Customer Service Agency
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Boone, NCJuly 15, 2013
This job was amazing while I had it. Even though the calls were back to back almost all day long, I was able to work full-time while staying home with my youngest son. I was very happy to be awarded that option.
Customer Support Technician (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 14, 2013
this was a good place to work, the team leads were there to help as much as they could and for those who need to be able to stay with their kids this job is perfect.
Awesome to be able to work from home
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 12, 2013
Pros: work at home
Cons: not enough training
Alpine was a at home based job who were contracted through different companies. I was placed with AT&T and the training was awesome. Meanwhile once training was over everything went down hill. New products were being launch and training was nowhere to be found. To sit and tell a customer that you don't know makes the customer feel unease and who would – more... blame them. I was released of my position due to not meeting client standard which was not my fault when I could have been notified of what needs to be improved. I felt that was very unfair! – less
Customer Care Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 8, 2013
Pros: worked at home
Cons: changed employment schedules based on buy out.
• Assist customers with orders, returns, and multiple account matters.
• Handles customer problem with resolutions to a positive outcome.
• Answers telephone inquiries from customers and stores regarding status of orders and assistance with service issues.
• Basic maintenance on accounts and updated notes of calls and actions of service.

Alpine Access Photos