Alpine Access

Alpine Access Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Home based customer service for Xbox customers
Customer Service Representative - XBOX (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 10, 2013
Pros: able to work from home.
Cons: too many issues with schedules changing after they were already worked.
I was a home based agent working part time from home. The pay was not the best for my age range. We mostly were dealing with billing issues from parents of the children that owned Xbox Consoles. There were times when our expertise in video games helped customers with questions.
At home job
Customer Service (Former Employee), Home BasedDecember 6, 2013
Pros: working at home, saves on gas
Cons: working for american express
I would go into my home office and answer call for American Express. I would cancel accounts per customer's request and answer any billing questions that they may have had.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working at home.
Not the best at home Job
Microsoft Xbox Hardware Technician (Former Employee), Fern Park, FLNovember 29, 2013
Pros: stayed home
Cons: no team work with leaders, poor leadership
Worked from home which was great, I learned a lot about xbox and how to fix the technical issues it has. Management was the worst, it was all customer service based through a call center setting, was with this company for 6 months and the worst part about it was so many connection and technical issues with there servers and never paid for any of them, – more... and in 6 months went through 5 leaders throwing the teams around with no consistency. Co-workers were ok they all did there best. The hardest part of the job was how high there expectations were of how calls should be done, with a quota that needed to be met every 2 weeks but they had no interest in helping you reach the goals they wanted you to. Only enjoyable part was that it was at home. – less
Current Employee
Customer Care Professional (Current Employee), Denver, CONovember 16, 2013
Pros: excellent training, work from home, for my area pay was not bad either

Cons: Metrics are based on customer surveys and if metrics are low then you will receive a CAFE or write up after 4th write up is termination. Team leaders write you up on a weekly basis (depending on who your team leader is) which leaves you with little or no room for error.
Great place to work with great support!
Supervisor/Flex Trainer (Current Employee), Denver, CONovember 13, 2013
Pros: save on costs of fuel, lunches, work clothes, awesome support staff and opportunity for advancement, you get to spend more time with your family, there are several differnt companies you can work for
Cons: the benefits could be better.
Alpine Access is a great company to work for if you would like a work at home position. Most days you will be taking calls from the client-based customers. Unlike many at home companies, you are not paid per minute of talk time. You are paid every second that you are in an available or busy state. That is a great plus. I would say the hardest parts – more... of the job would be getting used to some time having back to back calls for an entire shift, things are ever-changing and some times tech issues. – less
Flexiable
CSR (Current Employee), Concord, NHNovember 11, 2013
the pay isn't that great, there is a lot of things you need prior to working for them, no paid time off. If there is a death in the family you have bereavement days but won't be paid for them
Not For Everyone
Customer Care Representative (former employee) (Former Employee), work from homeNovember 8, 2013
Pros: work from home, nice people, good training classes
Cons: no tolerance for background noise, chewed out if you have to use the restroom, the metrics, chewed out for tech issues, chewed out for being sick, not allowed to take time with customer to make sure their issue is resolved properly, having to pay a lot of money for landline phone, corded phone, headsets, background check and drug test even though they said they would cover the drug test
The training was great with the program I was on. However, I admit that it was not for me. Working from home is a good thing and the steady salary was helpful during a very tight time with us. However, even though I hold a Masters Degree, I have a disability which prevents me from reading and processing information at a very quick pace As a result, – more... I had a very hard time with all the metrics ect and I was chewed out for it (this is a disability that I was born with and I cannot help). They also do not want someone who will spend time with the customer to make sure that their problems are solved. They just want you to listen solve it and get off the line. It’s all about time because your job depend metrics and how many calls you receive in a day. It is very high stress work. You will also be chewed out for having tech issues that are beyond your control, for getting ill, and you will get fired for any background noise including the sound of emergency vehicles, crying babies or barking dogs next door. They also want you to have a traditional landline phone which can be expensive as well as a corded phone, headsets that can be expensive as well as having to pay money that you do not have for a background check. I also just discovered that I had to pay about $80 dollars for a drug test they ordered at the very beginning that they said that they would cover. This is $80 that I DO NOT have. – less
Productive and high energy workplace
Telecommunications Team Leader/Manager (Current Employee), Denver, CONovember 2, 2013
Pros: wonderful co-workers
Cons: salary needs to be higher
Fantastic company and quick pace for advancement if you are dedicated and hard working.
Trusted Company
Customer Sales & Service Representative (Former Employee), Golden, COOctober 30, 2013
It was a great company to work for. I got to experience working from home.
Great for at Home Work
Tier 1 Technician/Help Desk (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 30, 2013
This company was interesting. I really didn't enjoy working from home.
Work from home
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), dallas txOctober 29, 2013
Pros: work from home
Cons: short breaks, lack of mgnt
I would log into my system and start receiving calls for xbox and other msft products. I would handle billing and networking issues. The hardest part was having to deal with upset customers almost everycall and there was very little i could do because of policy issues.
Work from Home opportunity
At-Home Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Columbus, GAOctober 27, 2013
Great Company to work for if you need a flexible schedule. The pay was not that great but the time and money you save working form home more than makes up for that.
Great Place to work
Assist customers (Former Employee), Killeen, TXOctober 18, 2013
for an at home job this company is well equip with materials and products needed to perform the job successfully
Work from home
CUSTOMER CARE PROFESSIONAL - HOME BASED (Former Employee), Denver, COOctober 13, 2013
Pros: close knit work team, no unnecessary expenses, flexibility
Cons: compensation, supervisors where not always there when needed
Alpine Access was my first work at home experience and I really enjoyed it. Working from home gave me the opportunity to have an improved work-life balance, I had control over my work environment, I had a working lifestyle that offered autonomy and flexibility, I could concentrate more on the job at hand as I had no interruptions or distractions.
Very busy work environment
Payment Solution Specialist (Former Employee), Work from HomeOctober 10, 2013
Learned to navigate between different systems at once. Management was very helpful.
American sweat shop
Telecommunications Support Agent (Former Employee), ColoradoOctober 7, 2013
Pros: work from home
Cons: everything else
Totally mismanaged...no communication, dysfunctional tools, no incentive for perfromance or advancement. Horrible working conditions
You work from home, but I would much rather go to an office
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Denver, COOctober 2, 2013
Pros: working from home, decent pay where i live
Cons: horrible supervisors with no respect toward employees, changing policy without notice, expect you to be the master caller in 1 day
So this was my first adventure into a call center atmosphere. The job itself was very much something I think I could enjoy but that is where the complaints actually set in with this company.

Training, was absolutely wonderful. The trainer that I was assigned to was very motivating, helpful and just made coming to work a complete pleasure. She was very – more... knowledgeable and would go out of her way to help anyone who felt as if they were being left behind.

On-the-job-training was a step down mainly because the trainer changed due to my original one being taken off and pulled into another training environment for a different group of people. The lady that my class was assigned to had absolutely the worst personality I have ever had to endure. She treated grown adults as small children who needed their hand held and talked down to as if we were on a lower intelligent bracket than she was. One of her co-trainer's was even worse. We were supposed to receive coaching after she had listened to a few days of our beginning live calls. It was the most de-motivational speech I have ever heard. Nobody done not even one thing right according to her, and all she could spread was negativity towards the entire class of 50 people.

Do not get any form of coaching through a 2 week process of taking live calls. Get switched to production and it's like a completely new environment. We've never heard of some of their policies over the 6 weeks. I've been threatened with corrective action even after I told my supervisor I have a medical condition that is in a flare up state that does not allow me to sit until my designated break time. If I have to use the restroom I cannot wait and you would think I was asking for someone to give me the holy grail for a restroom break IF necessary.

Threatened with correction action when their phone system locked up and I could not take calls, said it was frowned upon as they saw it as stealing money from the company. Seriously? Is the place going to go broke over 8 minutes? Especially when it wasn't even my fault.

This job is actually a very fun job but the people that you have to deal with are terrible. Absolutely terrible. How long will I stay here? Until something better comes along and I check daily for other job opportunities. – less
Low pay, when you get paid but you do not get paid for their equipment failures
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee), Dewitt, IAOctober 1, 2013
Pros: learning how companies can scam their employees
Cons: low pay, not paid for downtime due to their system issues, no benefits
Ok so I thought it would be great working from home, I farm so we have down time over the summer and winter months between planting and harvest. The pay is super low, I had to buy an old fashioned corded phone with no call waiting plus a corded headset and a 32 bit computer plus my own internet connection which all cost ove $1,000. Oh plus I had to – more... pay for my own background check!!! Then I'm offered the job, stating I would get full time and paid "over $12.00 an hour if you perform well". Ok so I go through a one week training class, and find out on the last day that e are only paid minimum wage for the training. Ok I dealt with it. But then I get my schedule for my first week of actually doing the job, after the week of training and spending over $1,000 to work there and all the hassles and jumping through hoops, I am scheduled for one 1.5 hour shift, and two 2 hour shifts. I was like WHAT????

So I complain to my TL who says she's sorry but that's how it works here.

So I figure whatever, I'll stick it out because it's off season and I'm here, so I work for this company for a year.

During this time there are a LOT and I mean TONS of computer problems, technical issues, and one full week where I couldn't log into citrix. The week I was down, they escalated it to their help desk who spent a week trying to figure why I can't get into Citrix. They finally throw up their hands and say it's my computer, and bring it in to get fixed. So I call my friend who is great at IT, he looks at it, reinstalls Citrix a different way, and has me up and running in less than 2 minutes. So the HD guy at Alpine blamed my computer when it was a simple fix. I didn't get paid for any of this.

Another HUGE problem, is that anytime there is a problem when you're working, they have you "LOLI" (log off log in), which you don't get paid for. They send you tons of emails you have to read and you have to do that all on your own time. You are expected to log in early and sit there and wait. But you ONLY get paid for talk time on the phone. I spend hours per week between reading the emails, printing off the new offers and promotions, and the constant downtime because of THEIR equipment failures, which I do not get paid for.

I have never made one penny in bonus even though I do my best, but the customers control the call. So when it's all done and said, I make less than minimum wage after taking out how much I have to pay per month on my own internet, my own phone line, not to mention everything I spent on my own equipment. That's not even including all the downtime I don't get paid for when they have equipment failure, and I'm constantly doing a LOLI or working with tech support.

I have done research online and have found that it is ILLEGAL for a company to do this. If you are expected to be at work and are doing things for work, by law they HAVE to pay you. It is also ILLEGAL to pay less than minimum wage.

I am so tempted to report Sykes/Alpine Access to the government for scamming employees out of pay. – less
Alpine Access
Customer Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 14, 2013
The job was enjoyable other than the massive amount of downtime which I didn't get paid for.
1 nw contact
Customer service / work from home (Former Employee), Phoenix,azSeptember 7, 2013
Pros: work at home
Cons: unorganized and unprofessional/ managment spies on you on breaks
Inbound calls. Learned alot about medical equipment lead generation. working at home was nice. if you work for them make sure you are on mute because they will fire you if you say anything on break . Very unorganized and unprofessional 1000 a month only low pay and sent home if your not converting

Alpine Access Photos