Alpine Access

Alpine Access Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: pay rate
Working a Alpine Access a typical day would be to come in 20 mintues before start time and clock in to get all the systems up. Log into phone system...read emails. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the different changes in healthcare on a daily basis.
very exciting fast paced kind of job
Customer care provider (Current Employee), columbia scOctober 19, 2014
Pros: paid breaks
Cons: n/a
i love this job because it allows me to interact with people on a day to day basis a typical day at work is fun fast paced trouble shooting and account adventures. With this job i have learned more about computers than i could ever imagine, management is pretty cool laid back always there to help and get things done in an appropriate time frame co workers are just as amazing as the management everybody is there for everybody the hardest part of the job honestly is dealing with our systems ASD & CMAT they go out often and that can be a hassle when you have a customer on the line waiting for you to help them the most enjoyable part is being able to resolve a issue that seems to be unresolvable and making people happy.
Good Company
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Connellsville, PAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: great pay great people
Cons: work alone at home
Alpine is a great work at home company , You get to pick between a few different shifts to best fit your need.
HORRIBLE COMPANY TO WORK FOR!!!
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee), ColoradoOctober 16, 2014
Cons: their policies and procedures are not employee-friendly but client-based. employees are expendable, no matter their work ethic/performance.
I was diagnosed with permanent PTSD due to an insane customer/guest attack I suffered the day after Christmas 2013, and Sykes removed me from my work schedule even though I had continued working for over a month after the incident. (It took HR that long to respond to my email inquiries.) They told me to seek assistance from the county, and eventually fired me months later (in August) AFTER the Social Security Administration determined I was indeed disabled. (They EMAILED to let me know I was fired when I started requesting the recording of the attack; and they are shielding him.)

Many may say it depends on the Alpine client you work for, but I insist that if a company genuinely cares about its employees, that care should be across the board, no matter who the client may be. It is all about policies and procedures with its employees as their priority. Part of our training should have been to allow us to disconnect any caller who's abusive, and move on to the next call. After the vicious attack I suffered, they did decide to allow the reps to disconnect obscene callers, but not insane bullies. And why protect a customer who is attacking your reps? The answer is obvious: They do not care about their employees, only their clients.

(They do not deserve the one star, by the way.)
Work at home
Production Team Leader - Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), At HomeOctober 15, 2014
Pros: work at home
Cons: limited healthcare benefits
Sykes Home Powered by Alpine Access is a stable company and the management is good to work for. Being a virtual call center where you work at home is a great benefit. It was important to have a quiet work space free from external noise and distractions. I was able to learn many new skills such as management skills. The best part of the job is the commute from my bedroom to my kitchen for coffee to my office.
working at home for call center
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COOctober 10, 2014
It was a good first time experience for working at home for a call center. You provide most of your own equipment and they send you items depending on what program you're in.
Scheduling is good too, but they have some inflexibility depending on what program you're with.
Hardest part of the job is dealing with customers that are upset. That and filing out all the information that goes along with a call.
The most enjoyable part is helping someone resolve there issue in a timely manner.
Legitimate WFH Opportunity
Customer Care Pro/Supervisor Agent (Former Employee), Work From HomeOctober 1, 2014
Pros: no commute, hourly pay (not call based), employee not 1099, work incentives
Cons: inconsistent policy communication, high management turn over, costumer dissatisfaction due to client policies
I worked for Alpine Access for 3 years. All training and job related activities are done from home. There are definite perks to working from home, and depending on the program you are assigned to work under there are also perks and incentives. I worked for a major gaming company as billing and technical support. At the time it was one of the newest programs at Alpine. In the beginning the good out weighed the not so good. But as management changed and Alpine was purchased by Sykes, the lines of communication from the Top to the Bottom were muffled. Rules changed but were presented as if thats the way things had always been. If you were to ask one supervisor for policy clarity and then ask another you would likely get entirely different interpretations. We worked in teams, meaning a Team Leader (supervisor) would be in charge of keeping 20 or so employees in compliance. That Supervisor also had a TL that was in charge of around 5 Team Leads making sure that they and their teams stayed in compliance. And then that boss had a boss and so on. In the 3 years I was employed I had about 5 different team leads. Of those 5 only 1 truly, bridge the gap between feeling like we were isolated and made us look forward to coming to work and working as a team. I score Alpine with an OverAll 4 stars because it is really really hard to find a legit WFH job these days. But honestly the work culture had slip down to my dreading to login in the mornings.
Work at home
CUSTOMER SUPPORT AGENT (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 26, 2014
Customer services work such as • Answer phones
• Managing customer billing account needs.
• Minor technical support
Enjoyed working from home
At Home Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: work at home
Cons: low pay, poor schedules
I enjoyed working from home. The only problem that I had with Alpine Access was lack of schedules that would meet my requirements.
Loved working from home!
XBOX Tech Support (Former Employee), Palm Harbor FloridaSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: no gas travel expense
Cons: kind of have to be an xbox gamer
I loved working from home and have the self-management to do so. The only problem I had with this position is that I am or was not an xbox gamer, yet I was able to overcome and provide tech support and learn even though I had not played the game. It was hard to get support when I had already done the research and was unable to come up with a solution at times.
ok place to work they will fire you if you dont meet stats.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hot Springs, ARSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: pay is decent and work from home
Cons: job security and metric expects that are difficult to meet.
No jobs security. Meet metrics or get fired. You have to get good surveys and whatever they rate the company is what you are scored, even if they rate the company a 1 and you as an agent a 10.
Customer Satisfaction Calls
Customer Care/Collections (Former Employee), columbia, scSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: meeting customers and new team members
-Consulting with Customers on our Cellular Service and any concerns about their accounts
-Applying payments and Making payment arrangements
-Assisting the Technical Department with customers who have any equipment issues.
-Follow all store guidelines when Opening or Closing the Store
-Programming phones when needed
Production
Virtual Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), ColoradoSeptember 11, 2014
Multi accounts Specialist, co-works are good people to work with
A great experience working at home.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: working at home, pretty flexable schedules.
Cons: lower pay, less benefits offered.
It was a great opportunity to work at home assisting customers by phone using Alpine's computer advising customers and medical facilities with information, medical benefits and also claims adjustments. I enjoyed working at home with this type of assistance to others, but was laid off. Cigna decided not to renew their contract with Alpine Access for the medical, but still is in contract with the Cigna Dental, unfortunately there were no openings to transfer to Dental.
Ulta Program
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Home BasedSeptember 5, 2014
I worked for the Ulta customer service program for a year. Management was abysmal, often providing little to no support, but they were always there when we needed "constructive criticism". There were constant program errors for the proprietary software, and way too much "We're overstaffed, log off for the day." They would schedule you outside of your availability, or change the schedules with less than a days notice and penalize you if you didn't show up. I would NEVER ever go back to the Ulta program, and would consider every other option before I went back to Alpine.
Enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), home-basedAugust 27, 2014
This was one of my most favorite jobs. The work day was very enjoyable with coworkers. Management did not do alot of micro-managing.
great place to work.
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 24, 2014
Alpine access is a great place to work. They only downside is that they aren't very flexible if you have children at home. Overall great place though!
My place of work is my 2nd home, literally!
Sykes Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Oak Park, MIAugust 22, 2014
My typical day involves taking calls and working on the computer. I speak to maybe about 50 customers a day who inquire about their account, the website and software concerns.
I have learned a lot about Family heritage and Genealogy, not to mention a lot about working independently since I work from home.
The hardest part of my job, is when we don't have a solution for the customer. If our system crashes or our software fails, it's difficult to explain that to a customer.
The most enjoyable part of my job is that I'm in the comfort of my own home. I am comfortable and relaxed so I can focus on my customers.
over all good place
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), homeAugust 19, 2014
Pros: hours, environment
Cons: pay scale
over all good place to work
have learned a lot but would like to learn more
excellent work environment and flexibility of hours
Very good job to have with school aged children.
Escalations Supervisor /Assistant Team Lead (Current Employee), Gary INAugust 6, 2014
Pros: work from home .
Cons: compensation low with high stress.
A typical work day for this company is never predictable, its based on the need of the client at any given time. In general resolving customers concerns while upholding the clients mandatory guidelines.