Alpine Access

Alpine Access Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
loved working from home
Customer Service (Former Employee), homeDecember 2, 2014
Pros: work fro home
Cons: not enough income
home based work --moved out of state and the pay was to low to consider.
Very positive work place
CUSTOMER CARE PROFESSIONAL, ALPINE ACCESS/SYKES (Current Employee), Cortland, NYNovember 24, 2014
Pros: work at home, everyone's positive
Cons: work at home, no paid vacations
We answer calls for various companies, acting as customer service reps. While the customers can be difficult, the metrics needed to succeed are realistic, and the work environment (online chats) is fun and upbeat. Very pleasant company to work for.
Porductive workplace
Customer Care/ Tech Support (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 24, 2014
Constant changing responsibilities and schedules.
Required to be flexible with changing tasks and hours of operation.
In house System Applications as well as Vendor provided Programs.
Communication with customers via email, E-chat and over the phone.
Sales required via both Outbound as well a take Inbound Calls.
Retention and Proactive Sales. All manner – more... of Customer Care; Customer Service and Relations contact. Issue and Escalation Resolution.
Account Service Retention.
Current Employer. – less
home based customer service
Home based Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Golden, CONovember 20, 2014
Cons: short hours and long lag times between calls
The hardest part of this job was the lag time between calls in which you had to just sit and wait for the calls because you could not go do anything else.
Work At Home
Customer Service Sup (Former Employee), Denver, CONovember 19, 2014
Pros: work at home
Cons: seasonal position
Working from home was great. I help customers to place orders, and also helping with payments and . wished that this job would be permanent .
Flexible and Self starter working environment
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 16, 2014
Pros: working from home, saved gas and mileage
Cons: short breaks, long nights
A typical day at Alpine Access was waking up and going to work in my pajamas and coffee on the side, I was able to start work on time each day and work a 40 + hours a week, management was wonderful, caring, and supportive. My Co workers were very helpful for things i didn't understand within the system. The hardest part of my job was being at work most – more... of the day and night. – less
Great Place to work
Customer Service representative (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYNovember 16, 2014
Pros: great hours and work from home so no commute
Cons: pay rate to low, working over internet can get glichy.
I love this company and cant say enough about the training and work environment,nice friendly supervisors make this job even better.The only downside would have to be the amount of pay per hour otherwise this is a dream job!!
Working from home office
Training Consultant/CCP (Former Employee), Denver, CONovember 15, 2014
Works great around your home and school schedules
loved working from home
Work at home
Technical Support for Office Depot (Former Employee), DenverNovember 12, 2014
Cons: very stressful job, short breaks
It was the most stressful job I had ever worked. You never received praise and salary was lowered. They seemed to fire the most experienced reps who were able to make bonuses in order to hire less experienced reps who would not qualify for bonus pay.
Manaement needs overhaul
Customer Service (Current Employee), Denver, CONovember 11, 2014
Pros: choose hours and bonuses every 3 months
Cons: cant change the selected hours and rare pay raises
Alpine Access is a great company with great selection of clients to work with but unfortunately the management is not easy to work with. I dont know if it is because they are over worked or if they are naturally that way but it really needs to be changed.
The schedules are not as flexible as they might say. There is a set schedule and you must conform – more... to that so if you are a busy stay at home mom dont expect you will get a good schedule.
The job is not hard it is fairly easy and if you are looking to climb the ladder then be prepared to wait a while for any management roles. – less
Work from home
Technical Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Seneca, SCNovember 11, 2014
Very reliable company if you are looking to work from home. It is a good job that teaches many skills. If you enjoy customer service and helping people this is a good company to work for.
Alpine Access @home Call center of Terribleness
Quality Support (QA) (Former Employee), Bremerton, WANovember 6, 2014
Pros: great perks for over-time and holiday pay
Cons: stressful and constant struggle for assistance with problems
Alpine Access, Is a @home Call center, which means a job based on your skill with a computer, my branch covered the call center for Xbox (microsoft) and as such a lot of rules were made to keep us brand loyal, while at first this seemed awesome and had a great amount of perks the policies were not well known, and each day was a challenge to make sure – more... the application for starting our day was working, and we had to be working most of the time 30 minutes to an hour before our shift, do work on our days off or were required for mandatory meetings on those days with very little notice, the management didn't care for it's employees and did't want to help, When i was promoted to Quality support, my job changed to monitoring the calls that our employees had and grading them, and it baffled me that some of the employees that failed the most were still employed years later, and were never reprimanded. This escalated to good employees quitting due to increased work load on them because others didn't pick up the slack. – less
Great Company to work for
Top Performer (Current Employee), Work at HomeOctober 30, 2014
Pros: advancement, management, variety of projects
Cons: pay, lack of benefits
Working for Alpine Access has been one of the most refreshing experiences in my 20+ years of work experience. The management is willing to work with you so that you can reach your personal goals.
Productive, Okay if you like routine
Customer Service (Former Employee), RemoteOctober 27, 2014
Pros: work from home, no gas long commute
Cons: no flexiblility, get burnt out easily, blamed for unhappy customers reviews
nit picked about every mistake, coached on any and everything, blamed for unhappy customers due to customers surveys. Customer not eligible for refund= low rating survey=job threat and coaching, good if u have no other options not good for long haul....
Daily Routine
Tier 3 Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 24, 2014
• Provided advice to clientele with financial matters, specializing in assisting clients with financial planning
• Conducted in-depth reviews of clientele financial circumstances
• Informed clients with news of new financial products or changes to legislation
• Resolved issues within the organization and assisted customers with financial queries
• Skilled – more... in handling credit reporting, collections, and installment contracts for consumers
• Handled large volume issue resolution for a Fortune 500 company – less
call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: pay rate
Working a Alpine Access a typical day would be to come in 20 mintues before start time and clock in to get all the systems up. Log into phone system...read emails. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the different changes in healthcare on a daily basis.
very exciting fast paced kind of job
Customer care provider (Current Employee), columbia scOctober 19, 2014
Pros: paid breaks
Cons: n/a
i love this job because it allows me to interact with people on a day to day basis a typical day at work is fun fast paced trouble shooting and account adventures. With this job i have learned more about computers than i could ever imagine, management is pretty cool laid back always there to help and get things done in an appropriate time frame co workers – more... are just as amazing as the management everybody is there for everybody the hardest part of the job honestly is dealing with our systems ASD & CMAT they go out often and that can be a hassle when you have a customer on the line waiting for you to help them the most enjoyable part is being able to resolve a issue that seems to be unresolvable and making people happy. – less
Good Company
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Connellsville, PAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: great pay great people
Cons: work alone at home
Alpine is a great work at home company , You get to pick between a few different shifts to best fit your need.
HORRIBLE COMPANY TO WORK FOR!!!
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee), ColoradoOctober 16, 2014
Cons: their policies and procedures are not employee-friendly but client-based. employees are expendable, no matter their work ethic/performance.
I was diagnosed with permanent PTSD due to an insane customer/guest attack I suffered the day after Christmas 2013, and Sykes removed me from my work schedule even though I had continued working for over a month after the incident. (It took HR that long to respond to my email inquiries.) They told me to seek assistance from the county, and eventually – more... fired me months later (in August) AFTER the Social Security Administration determined I was indeed disabled. (They EMAILED to let me know I was fired when I started requesting the recording of the attack; and they are shielding him.)

Many may say it depends on the Alpine client you work for, but I insist that if a company genuinely cares about its employees, that care should be across the board, no matter who the client may be. It is all about policies and procedures with its employees as their priority. Part of our training should have been to allow us to disconnect any caller who's abusive, and move on to the next call. After the vicious attack I suffered, they did decide to allow the reps to disconnect obscene callers, but not insane bullies. And why protect a customer who is attacking your reps? The answer is obvious: They do not care about their employees, only their clients.

(They do not deserve the one star, by the way.) – less
Work at home
Production Team Leader - Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), At HomeOctober 15, 2014
Pros: work at home
Cons: limited healthcare benefits
Sykes Home Powered by Alpine Access is a stable company and the management is good to work for. Being a virtual call center where you work at home is a great benefit. It was important to have a quiet work space free from external noise and distractions. I was able to learn many new skills such as management skills. The best part of the job is the commute – more... from my bedroom to my kitchen for coffee to my office. – less