Alpine Access Employee Reviews

Rogers suck
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  canada5 August 2016
the first of many signs of unfair treatment or the way they try to intimidate you or bait you into doing the kind of job that would stress you out then you need to think to yourself if it is worth it or not. ask yourself would any of the management or team leaders would overcome the same treatment you are be treated, if not then it is time for you to quit. Take some time off by go on an unemployment and if you needed more money applies for social welfare disability to get you on your feet. the lesson here is that you have other options because you don't need to waste your time with any companies that do not treated you fairly or purposely put you in a situation or under someone that wanted you to quit or get fired. also, you get a severance pay if they let you go or you get fired for not meeting their job description.
Pros
less dealing with sycophant or favoritism douchebag
Cons
too much of stressful work load, hot pool of sadistic arrogance people who are in charge, people telling you what to do every 2 minutes but never genuinely care for you one bit...
Great Job if you want the luxury of working at home
Coach, Trainer, Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, NS20 July 2016
Worked for Alpine for a short time in 2011. I worked on the Rogers program and was one of the first teams to launch the program. I was quickly promoted to management and really enjoyed the position. Due to the company paying minimum wage, I had to leave for other opportunities.
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS Canada18 July 2016
Ive been working here for over 3 years. better then any other job I have ever had. get to work from home. management is great. training was good, support is there when needed. enjoy helping customers fix issues. only downside is the pay is less then most other call center jobs.
Pros
work from home, flexible shifts, great management
Cons
pay
Hard Work
Blackberry Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2016
As a customer service agent with them, I loved working with the people however I found their training program way to short, with no access to actually call taking for training, not very flexible on their hours
Pros
working with people
Cons
not very flexible
Great experience
Teleservice Representative (Former Employee) –  Home2 December 2014
It was a very fast paced company but overall a great company to work for. I learned to multi-task with numerous programs while solving the customers issue. Also learned how to empathize with the customer who were very irate due to the issue at hand. Management was always there to make sure you done well at whatever you done. Co-workers were amazing and willing to assist whenever necessary. The hardest part was at the beginning when dealing with an irate customer but as time went on it was easier to do. The most enjoyable part was talking with all the different people and nationalities around the world and building rapport with them.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Split shifts
Great to be able to work from home...sort of.
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Kirkland Lake, ON13 January 2014
It's an awesome atmosphere, the management is great.
It's your typical Call center style of work, only able to do it from inside your own home. There is far too much that can go wrong though (in my opinion) If you run into a string of internet problems as I have, you miss days of work until it's corrected and there is no compensation for this. It works against you as far as your "emergency" days go. Which makes perfect sense. The overall use of the programs is very streamlined and easy to use.
Interaction with co-workers is very limited as it is normally a fast paced environment. The most difficult part of the job for me is to stay within their metrics. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be that there is no physical commute.
Pros
At home, medical benefits, reasonable work hours, small scope of support
Cons
At home, no interaction, small scope of support
Great Company to Work For
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Ontario14 July 2013
I was given awesome training for the position I was hired for(as well as being paid for it). I loved my trainer, she was so great. It was a lot of fun as well, the activities, and the technology was really cool to train with. My class was great. They also give you the option for more training if you think you need it.

The advancement opportunities were great as well.

The managers were amazing, so helpful, nice and understanding. The team atmosphere was great. And being able to work from home was the best part. Unfortunately, my hours didn't really give me much time, except on weekends, for a personal life. I woke up at about 11, made a coffee, got on my computer and when I was done, went to bed.

The hardest part was dealing with frustrated customers who just wouldn't listen to reason. They tell you not to take things personally, but it can be emotional at first.

The best part though, is when you do help someone who was so frustrated, and the happiness and relief. you can hear on the other end! Oh, and being able to work from home, like I said.
Pros
work from home, paid training, benefits
Cons
long hours, grumpy customers
Steady job, flexible enough hours, terrible management structure.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON22 July 2013
Excellent classroom-style and intensive-training times with LOTS of support. Unfortunately, after the training is over, management are totally different: strict, unreliable, and unavailable. Co-workers were very supportive, customers ranged from awesome 2 minute calls to very angry hour-and-a-half calls.
Pros
Benefits after 6 months, Excellent training structure, Commission, Bonuses
Cons
Sporatic hours, unstable hours week-to-week, split shifts
good place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 March 2016
loved working for this company until they fired me the day before I was there a year and were scheduling me late hours when my son needed to go to sleep
na
Rogers customer service agent inbound phone rep (Former Employee) –  home22 November 2014
not much I can say about them. hourly pay, commission, raise or lower your hours at any time. switch your shift on you with no notice.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Work from home
TECHNICAL EXPERT (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON30 March 2014
My day requires no travel. I work from home and can be ready to start my day in minutes. The down side is I am always home. The salary is low so I can't travel because I cannot afford too.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Unstable hours
productive
Rogers Dealer support and customer service billing (Former Employee) –  Home Based30 December 2015
you answer calls fix the customers services, take payments,
Hardware upgrades, opening new services cable internet phone cell phones.
add new services to the bundles.
Pros
good place to work
Nice people
Rogers TechXpert Technician (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON14 December 2015
Very easy going people, help their employees well, and provides an exceptional training so their employees can perform their best. Very good work from home opportunity.
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  ottawa ontario23 April 2015
Wrked from home I learned how to be efficient and also how to prioritize my time effectively. The stress level was high but copeable. No advancement
Pros
working from home
Technical Support for all Wireless Devices
Customer Service/ Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 October 2014
Each and everyday is different, that's one thing I like about the job. Also you never know what type of calls coming in, been with company for over 3+ year. Can't complain about management staff as everyone works as a team, very responsive. Most valuable lesson that I've learn is to have a lot of patient and how to deal with high rate customers. The hardest part would be assisting a senior person who have little clue about technology, up the most important part is having a satisfied customer at the end of each call. The part the keeps me smiling everyday is when I get customers issue is resolved.
Pros
work from home
Cons
flexable hours
Develop telephone, time management, and people skills
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 May 2013
* company that provides opportunity to work from home
* Helps to balance home and work life, save commute time
* helps to develop time management and interpersonal skills
Pros
Ease of work from home
Cons
Lacks face to face interaction with co-workers and clients
Things always chnage,..it take a little time to move with the flow. I find if you acept this new fact its just easier to make the chnage
Rogers (Current Employee) –  Digby, NS2 July 2012
I actually love my job. Customers call in about every possible situation and mood. I try to keep a calm tone and I genuinely want to treat a caller the same way I want to be treated.
I am always early and stay late if needed.

Things constantly change. I read up on the updates before I start work and I love sales.
Sales without pressure. Some days there are none but like today I added 4 lines on one account with 4 -3yr contracts.

We always help each other. The coaches are great, They help but also show us so we can find the info we need ourselves.

Hardest part of the job is AHT, something that I have to keep working at.

I jsut love talking to people and find out what they need even when they dont know it yet.
Pros
sales is a game
Cons
that customer that you just cant make happy no matter how hard you try
management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  toronto14 June 2015
good job but not a great management to work with.. working in a virtual environment where you don't get to see the faces of management and its very hard to communicate with them .. overall i would not recommend anyone to this company ...
n a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 August 2015
I used to work for Alpine Access for a year. I would not recommend it and the reason for that is that no matter how often I contacted the HR department I never received a Reference.
Great company to work at home for
Bilingual wireless technical support (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 September 2014
We are like a family where each other cares for the other one. There are co workers who help you when you are stressed or feeling down. The team leaders are very friendly and everyone speaks with respect. I work independently and there is no fear that i will not do it right because i'm properly trained. I have gained confidence that I can do a lot on my own. The hardest part of the job can only be how some customers when angry will yell at you but we are also trained on how to handle it.