Alpine Access Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
good place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 18, 2016
loved working for this company until they fired me the day before I was there a year and were scheduling me late hours when my son needed to go to sleep
Nice people
Rogers TechXpert Technician (Former Employee), Ajax, ONDecember 14, 2015
Very easy going people, help their employees well, and provides an exceptional training so their employees can perform their best. Very good work from home opportunity.
n a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 15, 2015
I used to work for Alpine Access for a year. I would not recommend it and the reason for that is that no matter how often I contacted the HR department I never received a Reference.
management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), torontoJune 14, 2015
good job but not a great management to work with.. working in a virtual environment where you don't get to see the faces of management and its very hard to communicate with them .. overall i would not recommend anyone to this company ...
na
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee), ottawa ontarioApril 23, 2015
Pros: working from home
Cons: long hours
Wrked from home I learned how to be efficient and also how to prioritize my time effectively. The stress level was high but copeable. No advancement
Best Work at Home Job
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Barrie, OntarioFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: flexible hours
Best part of the job is not having to get up to go out to work, and don't have to spend an arm and a leg on clothes. Hardest part of the job was it was lonely not working with co-workers to bounce ideas off and to interact with.
Great experience
Teleservice Representative (Former Employee), HomeDecember 2, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: split shifts
It was a very fast paced company but overall a great company to work for. I learned to multi-task with numerous programs while solving the customers issue. Also learned how to empathize with the customer who were very irate due to the issue at hand. Management was always there to make sure you done well at whatever you done. Co-workers were amazing and willing to assist whenever necessary. The hardest part was at the beginning when dealing with an irate customer but as time went on it was easier to do. The most enjoyable part was talking with all the different people and nationalities around the world and building rapport with them.
na
Rogers customer service agent inbound phone rep (Former Employee), homeNovember 22, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
not much I can say about them. hourly pay, commission, raise or lower your hours at any time. switch your shift on you with no notice.
Technical Support for all Wireless Devices
Customer Service/ Technical Support (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 31, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: flexable hours
Each and everyday is different, that's one thing I like about the job. Also you never know what type of calls coming in, been with company for over 3+ year. Can't complain about management staff as everyone works as a team, very responsive. Most valuable lesson that I've learn is to have a lot of patient and how to deal with high rate customers. The hardest part would be assisting a senior person who have little clue about technology, up the most important part is having a satisfied customer at the end of each call. The part the keeps me smiling everyday is when I get customers issue is resolved.
Great company to work at home for
Bilingual wireless technical support (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 30, 2014
We are like a family where each other cares for the other one. There are co workers who help you when you are stressed or feeling down. The team leaders are very friendly and everyone speaks with respect. I work independently and there is no fear that i will not do it right because i'm properly trained. I have gained confidence that I can do a lot on my own. The hardest part of the job can only be how some customers when angry will yell at you but we are also trained on how to handle it.
convenient
Call Center Agent (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 17, 2014
Working from home was great but it was frustrating strictly communicating through chat rooms when you needed help and there was so many people working.
Great Job
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Sydney, Nova ScotiaSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: working from home
Cons: rude customers
Being able to work from home was a must for me. The training was done via phone and netmeeting which was just great. The training was efficient and the co workers were easy to chat and get along with. They were very flexible with hours and did everything they could to work with their employees.
Great work atmosphere, fun and friendly people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Brampton, OntAugust 20, 2014
I enjoyed working at Alpine Access, the company is multicultural and with a lot of friendly and professional staff.
virtual environment
Customer Care Representative for Rogers (Former Employee), TorontoAugust 18, 2014
It was a good place to work.
The pay was inadequate
comfort of working from home was good
great company to work for
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee), kingston onMay 22, 2014
if you like working from home and hates spending so much money on transportation, this is the company for you
Friendly Management and great working environment
Bilingual Support Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 29, 2014
Great working conditions and environment. Great Training period, you feel comfortable working with others while learning and expanding your knowledge.
Work from home
TECHNICAL EXPERT (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONMarch 30, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: unstable hours
My day requires no travel. I work from home and can be ready to start my day in minutes. The down side is I am always home. The salary is low so I can't travel because I cannot afford too.
Productive and Fun
Manager & Lead of Tech Support/Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 3, 2014
A typical day is just to be as productive as you can. We were from home and I was leading my team against other teams in the company to work better than rest. I trained in an online chat room at home and there was no dress code because since you are at home you can be in your pajamas and work while being confortable in your home and not stress a lot.
Great to be able to work from home...sort of.
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Kirkland Lake, ONJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: at home, medical benefits, reasonable work hours, small scope of support
Cons: at home, no interaction, small scope of support
It's an awesome atmosphere, the management is great.
It's your typical Call center style of work, only able to do it from inside your own home. There is far too much that can go wrong though (in my opinion) If you run into a string of internet problems as I have, you miss days of work until it's corrected and there is no compensation for this. It works against you as far as your "emergency" days go. Which makes perfect sense. The overall use of the programs is very streamlined and easy to use.
Interaction with co-workers is very limited as it is normally a fast paced environment. The most difficult part of the job for me is to stay within their metrics. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be that there is no physical commute.
Steady job, flexible enough hours, terrible management structure.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Guelph, ONJuly 22, 2013
Pros: benefits after 6 months, excellent training structure, commission, bonuses
Cons: sporatic hours, unstable hours week-to-week, split shifts
Excellent classroom-style and intensive-training times with LOTS of support. Unfortunately, after the training is over, management are totally different: strict, unreliable, and unavailable. Co-workers were very supportive, customers ranged from awesome 2 minute calls to very angry hour-and-a-half calls.