Alpine Access

Alpine Access Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Technical Support for all Wireless Devices
Customer Service/ Technical Support (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 31, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: flexable hours
Each and everyday is different, that's one thing I like about the job. Also you never know what type of calls coming in, been with company for over 3+ year. Can't complain about management staff as everyone works as a team, very responsive. Most valuable lesson that I've learn is to have a lot of patient and how to deal with high rate customers. The – more... hardest part would be assisting a senior person who have little clue about technology, up the most important part is having a satisfied customer at the end of each call. The part the keeps me smiling everyday is when I get customers issue is resolved. – less
Great company to work at home for
Bilingual wireless technical support (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 30, 2014
We are like a family where each other cares for the other one. There are co workers who help you when you are stressed or feeling down. The team leaders are very friendly and everyone speaks with respect. I work independently and there is no fear that i will not do it right because i'm properly trained. I have gained confidence that I can do a lot on – more... my own. The hardest part of the job can only be how some customers when angry will yell at you but we are also trained on how to handle it. – less
convenient
Call Center Agent (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 17, 2014
Working from home was great but it was frustrating strictly communicating through chat rooms when you needed help and there was so many people working.
Great Job
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Sydney, Nova ScotiaSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: working from home
Cons: rude customers
Being able to work from home was a must for me. The training was done via phone and netmeeting which was just great. The training was efficient and the co workers were easy to chat and get along with. They were very flexible with hours and did everything they could to work with their employees.
Great work atmosphere, fun and friendly people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Brampton, OntAugust 20, 2014
I enjoyed working at Alpine Access, the company is multicultural and with a lot of friendly and professional staff.
virtual environment
Customer Care Representative for Rogers (Former Employee), TorontoAugust 18, 2014
It was a good place to work.
The pay was inadequate
comfort of working from home was good
Bunny Slipper Commute
Help desk for Rogers Mobile phones (Former Employee), At homeAugust 10, 2014
Pros: work at home
Cons: keeping to the metrics
The hours varied depending on need of the client. They could change up to a day before without notice. The team leads were good at what you needed to know. The teaching sessions were informative. The time constraints on a per-call basis were a killer at 590 seconds a call on average.
Work from home
TECHNICAL EXPERT (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONMarch 30, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: unstable hours
My day requires no travel. I work from home and can be ready to start my day in minutes. The down side is I am always home. The salary is low so I can't travel because I cannot afford too.
Productive and Fun
Manager & Lead of Tech Support/Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 3, 2014
A typical day is just to be as productive as you can. We were from home and I was leading my team against other teams in the company to work better than rest. I trained in an online chat room at home and there was no dress code because since you are at home you can be in your pajamas and work while being confortable in your home and not stress a lot.
Great to be able to work from home...sort of.
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Kirkland Lake, ONJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: at home, medical benefits, reasonable work hours, small scope of support
Cons: at home, no interaction, small scope of support
It's an awesome atmosphere, the management is great.
It's your typical Call center style of work, only able to do it from inside your own home. There is far too much that can go wrong though (in my opinion) If you run into a string of internet problems as I have, you miss days of work until it's corrected and there is no compensation for this. It works – more... against you as far as your "emergency" days go. Which makes perfect sense. The overall use of the programs is very streamlined and easy to use.
Interaction with co-workers is very limited as it is normally a fast paced environment. The most difficult part of the job for me is to stay within their metrics. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be that there is no physical commute. – less
Steady job, flexible enough hours, terrible management structure.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Guelph, ONJuly 22, 2013
Pros: benefits after 6 months, excellent training structure, commission, bonuses
Cons: sporatic hours, unstable hours week-to-week, split shifts
Excellent classroom-style and intensive-training times with LOTS of support. Unfortunately, after the training is over, management are totally different: strict, unreliable, and unavailable. Co-workers were very supportive, customers ranged from awesome 2 minute calls to very angry hour-and-a-half calls.
Great Company to Work For
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee), OntarioJuly 14, 2013
Pros: work from home, paid training, benefits
Cons: long hours, grumpy customers
I was given awesome training for the position I was hired for(as well as being paid for it). I loved my trainer, she was so great. It was a lot of fun as well, the activities, and the technology was really cool to train with. My class was great. They also give you the option for more training if you think you need it.

The advancement opportunities – more... were great as well.

The managers were amazing, so helpful, nice and understanding. The team atmosphere was great. And being able to work from home was the best part. Unfortunately, my hours didn't really give me much time, except on weekends, for a personal life. I woke up at about 11, made a coffee, got on my computer and when I was done, went to bed.

The hardest part was dealing with frustrated customers who just wouldn't listen to reason. They tell you not to take things personally, but it can be emotional at first.

The best part though, is when you do help someone who was so frustrated, and the happiness and relief. you can hear on the other end! Oh, and being able to work from home, like I said. – less
Develop telephone, time management, and people skills
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 18, 2013
Pros: ease of work from home
Cons: lacks face to face interaction with co-workers and clients
* company that provides opportunity to work from home
* Helps to balance home and work life, save commute time
* helps to develop time management and interpersonal skills
would not recommend to anyone
Customer Service (Former Employee), New Glasgow, NSMay 17, 2013
would not recommend to anyone. The job itself was ok, but the company needs work
interaction with customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 25, 2013
Pros: comfort of home
It was great experience to work from home as a Inbound customer service rep.
Good for gaining experience
Tier 1 Technical Support (Current Employee), HomeMarch 25, 2013
Pros: good training
Cons: low pay
Good work at home position, good training but low pay and not alot of room to advance.
Fun place to work for!
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONSeptember 26, 2012
Working for Alpine was awesome. The trainers, team leaders are amazing. The best part of the job was being able to work from the comfort of your own home. The hardest part is how busy it is from the start to end of your shift. My co workers on my team were fun to work with.
ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 8, 2012
it was annoying trying to get a supervisor n software breaks down a lot.
Things always chnage,..it take a little time to move with the flow. I find if you acept this new fact its just easier to make the chnage
Rogers (Current Employee), Digby, NSJuly 2, 2012
Pros: sales is a game
Cons: that customer that you just cant make happy no matter how hard you try
I actually love my job. Customers call in about every possible situation and mood. I try to keep a calm tone and I genuinely want to treat a caller the same way I want to be treated.
I am always early and stay late if needed.

Things constantly change. I read up on the updates before I start work and I love sales.
Sales without pressure. Some days there – more... are none but like today I added 4 lines on one account with 4 -3yr contracts.

We always help each other. The coaches are great, They help but also show us so we can find the info we need ourselves.

Hardest part of the job is AHT, something that I have to keep working at.

I jsut love talking to people and find out what they need even when they dont know it yet. – less
Very positive work place
CUSTOMER CARE PROFESSIONAL, ALPINE ACCESS/SYKES (Current Employee), Cortland, NYNovember 24, 2014
Pros: work at home, everyone's positive
Cons: work at home, no paid vacations
We answer calls for various companies, acting as customer service reps. While the customers can be difficult, the metrics needed to succeed are realistic, and the work environment (online chats) is fun and upbeat. Very pleasant company to work for.

1 2 3 4 5