Alpine Access Employee Reviews

No Compassion
Work from home agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 May 2017
When I first started with Alpine, also known as Sykes, they were ok until things that I could not control started happening, and honestly I wish they had never happened. I look back at the loss I endured, including my job.( which I chose to quit to not waste the trainers time, based on what had happened) It was a tragic death and then my mom died. I kind of had a breakdown following that and now that I am back on my feet and doing good I apparently don't meet the requirements for rehire?

Nice to know that they handle such big accounts and I work directly for one of them, and they were so supportive that Alpine or Sykes a third party, American, can be so heartless and cold.

By far the worst employer I ever worked for. I would never recommend this employer to ANYONE.
Pros
I was very good at my job it was familiar I worked from home and overall good trainers.
Cons
When there is bereavement in your family and you take it hard they hold it against you.
Okay atsmophere, lacking management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Work from Home6 April 2017
No work life balance they don't work with you if you need help it's all about the company and you are just a number. Lack of pay raises and need to improve on their soft skills with employees.
Meh
Representative (Current Employee) –  Anywhere2 April 2017
Job itself is okay but god forbid you are sick. I have felt more respected working at McDonald's than here. Miss one day and people are getting mad at you. Stuff happens.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
No respect for employees
N a
booked appointments for technician (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 January 2017
Company was good, benefits were great, shift work, long hours , shifts go by seniority. all around good company to work for if you enjoy staying at home
Sprint
Front line Tech Support (Current Employee) –  NCO management Canada SARNIA2 January 2017
This company went under in Sarnia Ontario need I say more they moved back to the USA. This company moved
back out of Canada
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Hard Work
Blackberry Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2016
As a customer service agent with them, I loved working with the people however I found their training program way to short, with no access to actually call taking for training, not very flexible on their hours
Pros
working with people
Cons
not very flexible
Work From Home Call Center Work (Telecommute)
Customer Service/Sales Rep. (Tele-commute) (Former Employee) –  ANYWHER14 October 2016
Alpine access is Ok. They provide you with a computer that you login and remotely access ROGERS WIRELESS and other company servers, though ROGERS is probably their biggest client. If you don't like long hours of sitting in front of your desk being unable to leave for extended periods this is not for you. Full time people have varied shifts (Standard with call center of this nature). The training is long and boring but it's easy money. P/T people can wind up with F/T hours but it's easier on you if you don't like the long shifts. Overtime is almost always available. The down side is you are using your own internet and phone line and when your connection drops due to high latency or high ping, then they try to blame it on your internet provider. You require a private quiet space. Not a good job if you have kids at home screaming and hollering or thumping the walls. The pay is minnimum wage. The upside to this is you could work naked if you wanted to and no-one would look at you weird. You can have all the snacks and junk you want at your desk and no one cares. You have to log into a special chat room at the end of your shift and report what time you started - Ended, what you break times were and if you had any interruptions in service. Getting Tech Pay for down time is nearly impossible, it's always your fault. Team Leads will send you pop up messages that you can't respond to. Help is provided in chat rooms and it can take awhile to get answers. IT's A call Center without all the people in the same room. They do have compettitons and games and some minor incentives. Overall they  more... are alright to work for,  less
Pros
Games like Deal or No Deal to win prizes and gift cards.
Cons
Tech Issues are your fault so littel support, Long hours, Customer orders often fail and so you lose commission.
Rogers suck
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  canada5 August 2016
the first of many signs of unfair treatment or the way they try to intimidate you or bait you into doing the kind of job that would stress you out then you need to think to yourself if it is worth it or not. ask yourself would any of the management or team leaders would overcome the same treatment you are be treated, if not then it is time for you to quit. Take some time off by go on an unemployment and if you needed more money applies for social welfare disability to get you on your feet. the lesson here is that you have other options because you don't need to waste your time with any companies that do not treated you fairly or purposely put you in a situation or under someone that wanted you to quit or get fired. also, you get a severance pay if they let you go or you get fired for not meeting their job description.
Pros
less dealing with sycophant or favoritism douchebag
Cons
too much of stressful work load, hot pool of sadistic arrogance people who are in charge, people telling you what to do every 2 minutes but never genuinely care for you one bit...
Great Job if you want the luxury of working at home
Coach, Trainer, Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, NS20 July 2016
Worked for Alpine for a short time in 2011. I worked on the Rogers program and was one of the first teams to launch the program. I was quickly promoted to management and really enjoyed the position. Due to the company paying minimum wage, I had to leave for other opportunities.
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS Canada18 July 2016
Ive been working here for over 3 years. better then any other job I have ever had. get to work from home. management is great. training was good, support is there when needed. enjoy helping customers fix issues. only downside is the pay is less then most other call center jobs.
Pros
work from home, flexible shifts, great management
Cons
pay
good place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 March 2016
loved working for this company until they fired me the day before I was there a year and were scheduling me late hours when my son needed to go to sleep
productive
Rogers Dealer support and customer service billing (Former Employee) –  Home Based30 December 2015
you answer calls fix the customers services, take payments,
Hardware upgrades, opening new services cable internet phone cell phones.
add new services to the bundles.
Pros
good place to work
Nice people
Rogers TechXpert Technician (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON14 December 2015
Very easy going people, help their employees well, and provides an exceptional training so their employees can perform their best. Very good work from home opportunity.
n a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 August 2015
I used to work for Alpine Access for a year. I would not recommend it and the reason for that is that no matter how often I contacted the HR department I never received a Reference.
management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  toronto14 June 2015
good job but not a great management to work with.. working in a virtual environment where you don't get to see the faces of management and its very hard to communicate with them .. overall i would not recommend anyone to this company ...
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  ottawa ontario23 April 2015
Wrked from home I learned how to be efficient and also how to prioritize my time effectively. The stress level was high but copeable. No advancement
Pros
working from home
Best Work at Home Job
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, Ontario17 February 2015
Best part of the job is not having to get up to go out to work, and don't have to spend an arm and a leg on clothes. Hardest part of the job was it was lonely not working with co-workers to bounce ideas off and to interact with.
Pros
work from home
Cons
flexible hours
Great experience
Teleservice Representative (Former Employee) –  Home2 December 2014
It was a very fast paced company but overall a great company to work for. I learned to multi-task with numerous programs while solving the customers issue. Also learned how to empathize with the customer who were very irate due to the issue at hand. Management was always there to make sure you done well at whatever you done. Co-workers were amazing and willing to assist whenever necessary. The hardest part was at the beginning when dealing with an irate customer but as time went on it was easier to do. The most enjoyable part was talking with all the different people and nationalities around the world and building rapport with them.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Split shifts
na
Rogers customer service agent inbound phone rep (Former Employee) –  home22 November 2014
not much I can say about them. hourly pay, commission, raise or lower your hours at any time. switch your shift on you with no notice.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Technical Support for all Wireless Devices
Customer Service/ Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 October 2014
Each and everyday is different, that's one thing I like about the job. Also you never know what type of calls coming in, been with company for over 3+ year. Can't complain about management staff as everyone works as a team, very responsive. Most valuable lesson that I've learn is to have a lot of patient and how to deal with high rate customers. The hardest part would be assisting a senior person who have little clue about technology, up the most important part is having a satisfied customer at the end of each call. The part the keeps me smiling everyday is when I get customers issue is resolved.
Pros
work from home
Cons
flexable hours