Alpine Access

Alpine Access Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
virtual environment
Customer Care Representative for Rogers (Former Employee), TorontoAugust 18, 2014
It was a good place to work.
The pay was inadequate
comfort of working from home was good
Bunny Slipper Commute
Help desk for Rogers Mobile phones (Former Employee), At homeAugust 10, 2014
Pros: work at home
Cons: keeping to the metrics
The hours varied depending on need of the client. They could change up to a day before without notice. The team leads were good at what you needed to know. The teaching sessions were informative. The time constraints on a per-call basis were a killer at 590 seconds a call on average.
Work from home
TECHNICAL EXPERT (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONMarch 30, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: unstable hours
My day requires no travel. I work from home and can be ready to start my day in minutes. The down side is I am always home. The salary is low so I can't travel because I cannot afford too.
Productive and Fun
Manager & Lead of Tech Support/Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 3, 2014
A typical day is just to be as productive as you can. We were from home and I was leading my team against other teams in the company to work better than rest. I trained in an online chat room at home and there was no dress code because since you are at home you can be in your pajamas and work while being confortable in your home and not stress a lot.
Great to be able to work from home...sort of.
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Kirkland Lake, ONJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: at home, medical benefits, reasonable work hours, small scope of support
Cons: at home, no interaction, small scope of support
It's an awesome atmosphere, the management is great.
It's your typical Call center style of work, only able to do it from inside your own home. There is far too much that can go wrong though (in my opinion) If you run into a string of internet problems as I have, you miss days of work until it's corrected and there is no compensation for this. It works – more... against you as far as your "emergency" days go. Which makes perfect sense. The overall use of the programs is very streamlined and easy to use.
Interaction with co-workers is very limited as it is normally a fast paced environment. The most difficult part of the job for me is to stay within their metrics. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be that there is no physical commute. – less
Steady job, flexible enough hours, terrible management structure.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Guelph, ONJuly 22, 2013
Pros: benefits after 6 months, excellent training structure, commission, bonuses
Cons: sporatic hours, unstable hours week-to-week, split shifts
Excellent classroom-style and intensive-training times with LOTS of support. Unfortunately, after the training is over, management are totally different: strict, unreliable, and unavailable. Co-workers were very supportive, customers ranged from awesome 2 minute calls to very angry hour-and-a-half calls.
Great Company to Work For
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee), OntarioJuly 14, 2013
Pros: work from home, paid training, benefits
Cons: long hours, grumpy customers
I was given awesome training for the position I was hired for(as well as being paid for it). I loved my trainer, she was so great. It was a lot of fun as well, the activities, and the technology was really cool to train with. My class was great. They also give you the option for more training if you think you need it.

The advancement opportunities – more... were great as well.

The managers were amazing, so helpful, nice and understanding. The team atmosphere was great. And being able to work from home was the best part. Unfortunately, my hours didn't really give me much time, except on weekends, for a personal life. I woke up at about 11, made a coffee, got on my computer and when I was done, went to bed.

The hardest part was dealing with frustrated customers who just wouldn't listen to reason. They tell you not to take things personally, but it can be emotional at first.

The best part though, is when you do help someone who was so frustrated, and the happiness and relief. you can hear on the other end! Oh, and being able to work from home, like I said. – less
Develop telephone, time management, and people skills
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 18, 2013
Pros: ease of work from home
Cons: lacks face to face interaction with co-workers and clients
* company that provides opportunity to work from home
* Helps to balance home and work life, save commute time
* helps to develop time management and interpersonal skills
would not recommend to anyone
Customer Service (Former Employee), New Glasgow, NSMay 17, 2013
would not recommend to anyone. The job itself was ok, but the company needs work
interaction with customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 25, 2013
Pros: comfort of home
It was great experience to work from home as a Inbound customer service rep.
Good for gaining experience
Tier 1 Technical Support (Current Employee), HomeMarch 25, 2013
Pros: good training
Cons: low pay
Good work at home position, good training but low pay and not alot of room to advance.
Fun place to work for!
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONSeptember 26, 2012
Working for Alpine was awesome. The trainers, team leaders are amazing. The best part of the job was being able to work from the comfort of your own home. The hardest part is how busy it is from the start to end of your shift. My co workers on my team were fun to work with.
ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 8, 2012
it was annoying trying to get a supervisor n software breaks down a lot.
Things always chnage,..it take a little time to move with the flow. I find if you acept this new fact its just easier to make the chnage
Rogers (Current Employee), Digby, NSJuly 2, 2012
Pros: sales is a game
Cons: that customer that you just cant make happy no matter how hard you try
I actually love my job. Customers call in about every possible situation and mood. I try to keep a calm tone and I genuinely want to treat a caller the same way I want to be treated.
I am always early and stay late if needed.

Things constantly change. I read up on the updates before I start work and I love sales.
Sales without pressure. Some days there – more... are none but like today I added 4 lines on one account with 4 -3yr contracts.

We always help each other. The coaches are great, They help but also show us so we can find the info we need ourselves.

Hardest part of the job is AHT, something that I have to keep working at.

I jsut love talking to people and find out what they need even when they dont know it yet. – less
Enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), home-basedAugust 27, 2014
This was one of my most favorite jobs. The work day was very enjoyable with coworkers. Management did not do alot of micro-managing.
great place to work.
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 24, 2014
Alpine access is a great place to work. They only downside is that they aren't very flexible if you have children at home. Overall great place though!
My place of work is my 2nd home, literally!
Sykes Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Oak Park, MIAugust 22, 2014
My typical day involves taking calls and working on the computer. I speak to maybe about 50 customers a day who inquire about their account, the website and software concerns.
I have learned a lot about Family heritage and Genealogy, not to mention a lot about working independently since I work from home.
The hardest part of my job, is when we don't – more... have a solution for the customer. If our system crashes or our software fails, it's difficult to explain that to a customer.
The most enjoyable part of my job is that I'm in the comfort of my own home. I am comfortable and relaxed so I can focus on my customers. – less
over all good place
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), homeAugust 19, 2014
Pros: hours, environment
Cons: pay scale
over all good place to work
have learned a lot but would like to learn more
excellent work environment and flexibility of hours
Very good job to have with school aged children.
Escalations Supervisor /Assistant Team Lead (Current Employee), Gary INAugust 6, 2014
Pros: work from home .
Cons: compensation low with high stress.
A typical work day for this company is never predictable, its based on the need of the client at any given time. In general resolving customers concerns while upholding the clients mandatory guidelines.
It is a good company to work for, although they are still making improvements, made a name change from Alpine Access to Sykes
Customer Service/Work from Home (Current Employee), Denver, COJuly 30, 2014
Pros: working from home.
Cons: not having enough accounts to provide their employees/agents.
They are making improvements to their online services for employees to get paid for time worked, whereas before there were some technical issues with their computer systems.

As an employee I would log into 4 systems, sometimes more depending on the research that is needed, however, during the time the company was under the name Alpine, they would have – more... to make payroll corrections on a continual basis because of their system glitches.

Other than that, the bi-weekly pay is something that I was comfortable with, and the fact that you work from home was commendable. – less

1 2 3 4 5