Alpine Access Employee Reviews

Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS CanadaJuly 18, 2016
Ive been working here for over 3 years. better then any other job I have ever had. get to work from home. management is great. training was good, support is there when needed. enjoy helping customers fix issues. only downside is the pay is less then most other call center jobs.
Pros
work from home, flexible shifts, great management
Cons
pay
Rogers suck
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  canadaAugust 5, 2016
the first of many signs of unfair treatment or the way they try to intimidate you or bait you into doing the kind of job that would stress you out then you need to think to yourself if it is worth it or not. ask yourself would any of the management or team leaders would overcome the same treatment you are be treated, if not then it is time for you to quit. Take some time off by go on an unemployment and if you needed more money applies for social welfare disability to get you on your feet. the lesson here is that you have other options because you don't need to waste your time with any companies that do not treated you fairly or purposely put you in a situation or under someone that wanted you to quit or get fired. also, you get a severance pay if they let you go or you get fired for not meeting their job description.
Pros
less dealing with sycophant or favoritism douchebag
Cons
too much of stressful work load, hot pool of sadistic arrogance people who are in charge, people telling you what to do every 2 minutes but never genuinely care for you one bit...
good place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 18, 2016
loved working for this company until they fired me the day before I was there a year and were scheduling me late hours when my son needed to go to sleep
productive
Rogers Dealer support and customer service billing (Former Employee) –  Home BasedDecember 30, 2015
you answer calls fix the customers services, take payments,
Hardware upgrades, opening new services cable internet phone cell phones.
add new services to the bundles.
Pros
good place to work
Nice people
Rogers TechXpert Technician (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONDecember 14, 2015
Very easy going people, help their employees well, and provides an exceptional training so their employees can perform their best. Very good work from home opportunity.
n a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 15, 2015
I used to work for Alpine Access for a year. I would not recommend it and the reason for that is that no matter how often I contacted the HR department I never received a Reference.
management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  torontoJune 14, 2015
good job but not a great management to work with.. working in a virtual environment where you don't get to see the faces of management and its very hard to communicate with them .. overall i would not recommend anyone to this company ...
Great experience
Teleservice Representative (Former Employee) –  HomeDecember 2, 2014
It was a very fast paced company but overall a great company to work for. I learned to multi-task with numerous programs while solving the customers issue. Also learned how to empathize with the customer who were very irate due to the issue at hand. Management was always there to make sure you done well at whatever you done. Co-workers were amazing and willing to assist whenever necessary. The hardest part was at the beginning when dealing with an irate customer but as time went on it was easier to do. The most enjoyable part was talking with all the different people and nationalities around the world and building rapport with them.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
split shifts
Technical Support for all Wireless Devices
Customer Service/ Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 31, 2014
Each and everyday is different, that's one thing I like about the job. Also you never know what type of calls coming in, been with company for over 3+ year. Can't complain about management staff as everyone works as a team, very responsive. Most valuable lesson that I've learn is to have a lot of patient and how to deal with high rate customers. The hardest part would be assisting a senior person who have little clue about technology, up the most important part is having a satisfied customer at the end of each call. The part the keeps me smiling everyday is when I get customers issue is resolved.
Pros
work from home
Cons
flexable hours
Great company to work at home for
Bilingual wireless technical support (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 30, 2014
We are like a family where each other cares for the other one. There are co workers who help you when you are stressed or feeling down. The team leaders are very friendly and everyone speaks with respect. I work independently and there is no fear that i will not do it right because i'm properly trained. I have gained confidence that I can do a lot on my own. The hardest part of the job can only be how some customers when angry will yell at you but we are also trained on how to handle it.
Steady job, flexible enough hours, terrible management structure.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONJuly 22, 2013
Excellent classroom-style and intensive-training times with LOTS of support. Unfortunately, after the training is over, management are totally different: strict, unreliable, and unavailable. Co-workers were very supportive, customers ranged from awesome 2 minute calls to very angry hour-and-a-half calls.
Pros
benefits after 6 months, excellent training structure, commission, bonuses
Cons
sporatic hours, unstable hours week-to-week, split shifts
Best Work at Home Job
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, OntarioFebruary 17, 2015
Best part of the job is not having to get up to go out to work, and don't have to spend an arm and a leg on clothes. Hardest part of the job was it was lonely not working with co-workers to bounce ideas off and to interact with.
Pros
work from home
Cons
flexible hours
Productive and Fun
Manager & Lead of Tech Support/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 3, 2014
A typical day is just to be as productive as you can. We were from home and I was leading my team against other teams in the company to work better than rest. I trained in an online chat room at home and there was no dress code because since you are at home you can be in your pajamas and work while being confortable in your home and not stress a lot.
Great Job
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney, Nova ScotiaSeptember 3, 2014
Being able to work from home was a must for me. The training was done via phone and netmeeting which was just great. The training was efficient and the co workers were easy to chat and get along with. They were very flexible with hours and did everything they could to work with their employees.
Pros
working from home
Cons
rude customers
Things always chnage,..it take a little time to move with the flow. I find if you acept this new fact its just easier to make the chnage
Rogers (Current Employee) –  Digby, NSJuly 2, 2012
I actually love my job. Customers call in about every possible situation and mood. I try to keep a calm tone and I genuinely want to treat a caller the same way I want to be treated.
I am always early and stay late if needed.

Things constantly change. I read up on the updates before I start work and I love sales.
Sales without pressure. Some days there are none but like today I added 4 lines on one account with 4 -3yr contracts.

We always help each other. The coaches are great, They help but also show us so we can find the info we need ourselves.

Hardest part of the job is AHT, something that I have to keep working at.

I jsut love talking to people and find out what they need even when they dont know it yet.
Pros
sales is a game
Cons
that customer that you just cant make happy no matter how hard you try
Great to be able to work from home...sort of.
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Kirkland Lake, ONJanuary 13, 2014
It's an awesome atmosphere, the management is great.
It's your typical Call center style of work, only able to do it from inside your own home. There is far too much that can go wrong though (in my opinion) If you run into a string of internet problems as I have, you miss days of work until it's corrected and there is no compensation for this. It works against you as far as your "emergency" days go. Which makes perfect sense. The overall use of the programs is very streamlined and easy to use.
Interaction with co-workers is very limited as it is normally a fast paced environment. The most difficult part of the job for me is to stay within their metrics. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be that there is no physical commute.
Pros
at home, medical benefits, reasonable work hours, small scope of support
Cons
at home, no interaction, small scope of support
Develop telephone, time management, and people skills
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 18, 2013
* company that provides opportunity to work from home
* Helps to balance home and work life, save commute time
* helps to develop time management and interpersonal skills
Pros
ease of work from home
Cons
lacks face to face interaction with co-workers and clients
na
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  ottawa ontarioApril 23, 2015
Wrked from home I learned how to be efficient and also how to prioritize my time effectively. The stress level was high but copeable. No advancement
Pros
working from home
Fun place to work for!
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONSeptember 26, 2012
Working for Alpine was awesome. The trainers, team leaders are amazing. The best part of the job was being able to work from the comfort of your own home. The hardest part is how busy it is from the start to end of your shift. My co workers on my team were fun to work with.
Work from home
TECHNICAL EXPERT (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMarch 30, 2014
My day requires no travel. I work from home and can be ready to start my day in minutes. The down side is I am always home. The salary is low so I can't travel because I cannot afford too.
Pros
work from home
Cons
unstable hours