As a result of our continuing growth, we require an experienced SOFTWARE DESIGN VALIDATION ENGINEER (12 month contract). Reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager, the SW DV Engineer is responsible for the Software qualification and release schedule by planning test cycles, preparing test plans and test cases and tracking test Issue and results.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare test plans, test cases and execute tests.
- Troubleshoot and critique software and hardware components and interfaces in technical depth.
- Monitor and update bug reports as needed including bug report closure (using Jira).
- Design and develop solutions for test management, execution and reporting.
- Configure necessary hardware and operating environments as needed to complete assigned testing.
- Understand design specifications and customer requirements
- Adhere to timelines and efficient reports on project progress and own assignments
Credentials & Experience:
- An academic degree within Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, or a diploma with at least 2+ years of relevant experience, is preferred
- Thorough knowledge of test techniques for embedded software
- Experience working with C, C++, and GUI
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal English communications skills
- Hands-on experience in testing modern electronics hardware (Asset)
- Familiarity with Test Case Management tool would be an added advantage
- Knowledge of Jira is an asset
- Regular work hours 8:00am - 4:30pm Monday – Friday, but as this is a customer- and deadline-driven environment, flexibility is required to perform work outside normal business hours.
We would like to thank all applicants who apply; however, only those short-listed will be contacted for next steps.
Alpha Technologies Ltd. is an established leader in the design and manufacture of powering solutions for the Telecom, CATV (Canada), Traffic, Security, Medical, Industrial and Renewable Energy industries. The company offers a broad portfolio of high-quality, feature-rich solutions that can be customized to suit almost any application and environment offering the highest performance and best value in the industry. With a focus on being your power solutions partner, Alpha builds on over 30 years of experience to develop solutions that resolve customer’s unique powering challenges.
Alpha Technologies Corporation Ltd. (Alpha) is engaged in the design, manufacture and distribution of a range of temperature and other...