As a result of our continuing growth, we require a Dispatch (Shipping) Clerk.
Reporting to the Dispatch Team Lead, the Dispatch Clerk will support the activities of the dispatch team in the shipping department. Typical activities include consolidating of parts, verifying order quantities, system transactions, assembling and packing loads, preparation of shipping documents, dispatching orders using dispatch management systems, loading and handover of shipments to carriers. The position requires extreme attention to detail, a sense of urgency and strong customer service focus.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Verify physical parts quantities against sales order and shipping documents.
- Perform material transactions in ERP and dispatch management systems, through direct keyboard entry and with hand held scanners.
- Generating manual and electronic waybills on shipments.
- Package completed orders into shipping boxes and prepare pallets for shipment.
- Label and mark shipments as per defined processes and procedures.
- Process shipment paperwork and use online shipping software such as Fedex Ship Manager.
- Load TL and LTL shipments onto transport and delivery vehicles.
- Operate manual and motorized material handling equipment as needed.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Organize and file all shipping related documents.
Required Credentials and Experience:
- Organized, detail oriented, dependable, reliable, proactive, and possesses initiative to work independently.
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated team player capable of managing multiple priorities in a rapidly changing environment.
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Familiar with material control procedures and systems including ERP.
- Ability to accurately count, identify product and verify with paperwork.
- Good physical fitness and ability to move and lift boxes weighing up to 60 pounds.
- Experienced in the safe and efficient use of pallet jacks and manual pallet strapping equipment.
- 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday; some overtime may be required
We would like to thank all applicants who applied, however, only those short-listed will be contacted for next steps.
Alpha Technologies Ltd. is an established leader in the design and manufacture of powering solutions for the Telecom, CATV (Canada), Traffic, Security, Medical, Industrial and Renewable Energy industries. The company offers a broad portfolio of high-quality, feature-rich solutions that can be customized to suit almost any application and environment offering the highest performance and best value in the industry. With a focus on being your power solutions partner, Alpha builds on over 30 years of experience to develop solutions that resolve customer's unique powering challenges.
Alpha Technologies Corporation Ltd. (Alpha) is engaged in the design, manufacture and distribution of a range of temperature and other...