Alpha Technologies Ltd. (formerly Argus Technologies) has an opportunity for a PROJECT MANAGER (RENEWABLE ENERGY) - FIELD SERVICE to support our growing customer base in the Greater Toronto Area.
Reporting to the National Field Service Manager, the Project Manager (Renewable Energy) -- Field Service is responsible for the field engineering and project coordination necessary to complete a field service assignment in a cost effective and efficient manner in accordance with Alpha's quality standards and in accordance with the needs of the customer. The Project Manager is a team player working with both the customer and Alpha Operations to ensure that personnel, material and job specifications are made available conjointly to complete a field service assignment or series of related assignments in a timely manner.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Adhere to the company's values and behavioral standards.
- Project Manage the various phases, sub-contractor interfaces, industry, Authority Having Jurisdiction (A.H.J.), utility and government agencies involved in utility-scale Renewable Energy - PV projects.
- Manage contractor partnerships including schedules and quotations, and ensuring that the work is completed on time and within budget.
- For all projects throughout the full development process, work with other groups, agencies and organizations regarding off-take of power, project proposals, project financial modeling, arrangements for finance, construction and operations.
- Work with customers to define detailed specifications for jobs including drawings, budget and timing.
- Arrange or prepare site access, contacts, methods of procedures, permits and other necessary steps.
- Direct and assist field service personnel and contractors in job completion.
- Prepare necessary job completion documentation and drawings for customer.
- Prepare and process necessary documentation to ensure timely billing of all service orders.
- Contribute positively to ensure the monthly revenue goals are met or exceeded.
- Work with Technical Services team members to ensure that services provided are consistent with the service commitments made to the customer in the service sales process.
- Identify opportunities for process and quality improvements, take action when possible, and involve supervisor and management team when additional support is needed.
- Apply continuous improvement to all day-to-day activities.
- Provide progress updates as required.
- Perform other duties with minimal supervision and priority as needed.
Credentials & Experience:
- 3 - 5 years of experience in the Renewable Energy / Solar Energy Field.
- Bachelor's degree in business, science or other applicable field; MBA or other advanced degree would be an asset.
- Good working knowledge of renewable power system service, installation, operation and maintenance.
- Proven energy project development experience, preferably including utility-scale solar PV; experience in Canada or USA is a strong plus.
- Understanding of key solar market dynamics, development processes, and constraints in the Canadian market.
- Extensive knowledge of interconnection, permitting, real estate, provincial and national regulation, building and electrical codes, utility procurement goals, politics, law and other issues that impact development of renewable energy projects.
- Good knowledge of the Renewable Energy industry participants, potential partners, and stakeholders.
- Familiarity and/or training in Project Management practices and principles.
- Excellent physical condition to work in a variety of locations including but not limited to climbing ladders, and working in confined spaces.
- Familiar with safety equipment and practices, without exception the safety requirements of the Workers Compensation Board (WCB) in Canada or the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) in the USA.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Incumbent must obtain a Criminal Record Check and Drivers Abstract on regular intervals upon starting and during employment.
- Must be bondable.
- Normal hours are 8am - 4:30pm Monday to Friday; flexibility in working hours is required to meet work load and customer requirements. Weekends may be required to complete projects. This is an OT exempt position.
- 24/7 technical support.
- Travel required, must be able to be away for week(s) at a time.
We would like to thank all applicants who apply; however, only those short-listed will be contacted for next steps.
Alpha Technologies Ltd. (formerly Argus Technologies) is a leader in the design, manufacture and servicing of powering solutions for the Telecom, Cable-Broadband, Traffic, Security, Industrial and Renewable Energy industries. With over 35 years of expertise, Alpha is the expert for complete AC, DC and renewable energy powering solutions, including rugged UPS battery back-up and indoor and outdoor power enclosures. Alpha's TL 9000 certified quality system and operational excellence program focuses on achieving complete customer satisfaction and supplying solutions of the highest quality and reliability.