As a result of our continuing growth, we require an experienced MANUFACTURING ENGINEER specializing in LEAN production for high-mix, power management systems to join our Manufacturing Engineering group at our Burnaby location.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager the Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for coordination and production implementation of new products.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating the production implementation of new products
- Developing and improving safe manufacturing processes, ensuring the highest quality and lowest cost products are produced using best practices such as LEAN Manufacturing
- Identifying and implementing opportunities to reduce waste while improving product performance through error proofing
- Identifying trends in production data and customer issues and develops tactical responses to improve production yield and error proof critical processes
- Identifying opportunities for cost reduction through the use of appropriate tools and technology to support production
- Executing continuous improvement projects
- Contributing to a culture of continuous improvement within the organization
- Providing leadership on design for manufacturability (DFM), failure modes effects analysis (FMEA), bill of materials structure and operations processes to all areas of Alpha Technologies
Validating, qualifying and maintaining production processes and production systems
Credentials & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience
- 2+ years related experience in a manufacturing environment with a good understanding of product life cycle from conception to obsolescence
- Ability to travel internationally to US, China, India and Mexico – typically 1-3 trips per year
- Exhibit demonstrated leadership in continuous improvement initiatives
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a willingness to stretch beyond expectations is an asset
- Strong demonstrated project management skills are an asset
- Excellent root cause analysis and problem solving skills are a must
- Ability to balance multiple competing priorities in relation to corporate vision and goals
- Experience working with and analyzing data is required. Practical knowledge of Six-Sigma methodology, SPC or application of process statistics is an asset
-Experience employing lean manufacturing techniques, preferably in a mid-volume electronics and mechanical manufacturing environment
- Good knowledge of Quality Management Principles framed by ISO 9001, ISO/TS 16949, and ISO 14001
- Strong computer skills (ERP, MS Office, CADD)
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
- Experience with power supply design requirements per international regulatory and product safety standards (European EN60950, UL1950, and CSA950) is an asset
- Good knowledge of PCB manufacturing process including assembly is an asset
- Good knowledge of high-power electrical system wiring & assembly methods is an asset
- Must be able to interpret wiring & PCBA schematics
- Must be able to interpret mechanical production drawings & assembly drawings
- Regular work hours are 8:00 am - 4:30 pm Monday – Friday with but as this is a customer and deadline driven environment, flexibility may be required to perform work outside normal business hours.
We would like to thank all applicants who apply; however, only those short-listed will be contacted for next steps.
Alpha Technologies Ltd. is an established leader in the design and manufacture of powering solutions for the Telecom, CATV (Canada), Traffic, Security, Medical, Industrial and Renewable Energy industries. The company offers a broad portfolio of high-quality, feature-rich solutions that can be customized to suit almost any application and environment offering the highest performance and best value in the industry. With a focus on being your power solutions partner, Alpha builds on over 30 years of experience to develop solutions that resolve customer’s unique powering challenges.