We require experienced Electro-Mechanical Assemblers and are offering 3 month contracts to start. Depending on the needs of the business and individual performance, there may be opportunities for longer-term employment.
As a successful Assembler, you will be responsible for the assembly of Alpha's' evolving product family as part of the manufacturing process. The assembly activity will have to be performed in accordance with assembly drawings, internal guidelines and specifications as well as with the standard workmanship recommendations ensuring the highest standard of quality for the purpose of creating complete customer satisfaction towards achieving Alpha's mission of being a leading supplier in DC power systems and products to the global telecommunications market.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Strip, tin and solder wires
- Drill and tap holes
- Crimping lugs on wires and following wiring procedures
- Building and interconnecting final assemblies and sub-assemblies using production drawings
- Obtaining parts and supplies using proper procedures
- Completing paperwork as required and all tasks assigned by supervisor
Credentials & Experience:
- 2 years related experience or education
- Ability to lift 40-50 lbs
- Experience crimping lugs on wires
Skills & Levels:
- Able to identify hardware type, length and size
- Able to safely operate small hand and power tools
- Safe lifting habits
- Ability to recognize wire type and gauge
- Able to work in all phases of assembly
- Knowledge of proper soldering techniques
- Read and interpret Bills of Materials
- Read and interpret travelers and schedules
- Read and interpret schematics and assembly drawings
- Ability to build and interconnect final assemblies and sub-assemblies using production drawings
- Ability to follow wiring procedures
- Communicate effectively with co-workers and supervisor
- Good working knowledge of quality control and workmanship standards
- Follow verbal and written instructions accurately
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Day Shift: 7:00am to 3:30pm, Monday to Friday
- Afternoon Shift: 3:00pm to 11:30pm, Monday to Friday
Please send your resume directly to the email addresses indicated below with the subject line "Electro-Mechanical Assembler" and indicate your preference for Day or Afternoon shift. Alternatively, you can apply via our website at www.alpha.ca/careers.
We would like to thank all applicants who applied, however, only those short-listed will be contacted for next steps. Note: please do not follow-up with a phone call. Thank you.
Alpha Technologies Ltd. is an established leader in the design and manufacture of powering solutions for the Telecom, CATV (Canada), Traffic, Security, Medical, Industrial and Renewable Energy industries. The company offers a broad portfolio of high-quality, feature-rich solutions that can be customized to suit almost any application and environment offering the highest performance and best value in the industry. With a focus on being your power solutions partner, Alpha builds on over 30 years of experience to develop solutions that resolve customer’s unique powering challenges.
7700 Riverfront Gate Burnaby, BC V5J 5M4