Alpha Technologies – Metalform Division is a member of the Alpha Group.
As a result of increasing growth, Alpha Technologies – Metalform Division has an opportunity for a motivated and driven CNC Programmer/Mechanical Engineer (one role) to join our team in Port Coquitlam, BC.
The CNC Programmer/Mechanical Engineer will have a strong sheet metal background and will assist the Engineering Manager in performing CNC Programming for sheet metal punching and forming, as well as mechanical design of sheet metal parts. The incumbent will also manage engineering projects and undertake various tasks as assigned by the Engineering Manager.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Create CNC programs for sheet metal punching and forming
- Work with product development to support and provide input at early concept stage to ensure design for manufacturability and assembly (DFMA)
- Perform manufacturability reviews and defining the manufacturing sequence
- Manage short term projects; take initial direction and then own and execute with minimal supervision
- Review, research, and manage corrective actions regarding programming issues
- Manage production process certification
- Maintain tooling list for the CNC equipment
Credentials & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent knowledge, training, and experience
- High-level proficiency with Solidworks sheet metal part design, mechanical assembly and part drawings
- Broad understanding of sheet metal fabrication technology (punching, forming, PEM hardware, welding, plating/powder coating)
- Minimum three years manufacturing experience in the sheet metal industry
- Minimum two years design experience as a CAD designer for electro-mechanical systems and components, with a preference towards indoor/outdoor enclosures, racks, and associated environmental and thermal management components
- CNC sheet metal programming experience, preferably with TruToPs software
- Excellent English communication skills required (verbal and written)
- A team player capable of interacting professionally with customers, suppliers, and all levels of the organization
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to creatively problem-solve/troubleshoot in a fast paced environment
- Dedication to continuous improvement required
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
Please send your resume in MSWord. We would like to thank all applicants who apply; however, only those short-listed will be contacted for next steps.
Indeed - 8 months ago