A company is looking for a Maintenance Mechanic for night shift: 11pm-7am.
The position requires that the Millwright troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical, hydraulic, or pneumatic problems with associated equipment.
The Millwright is also responsible for repairing malfunctioning equipment, such as motors, pumps, valves, controls, and other machines.
- Inspect machinery as it arrives, unload the parts, and then assemble them with the safe and effective use of hand and power tools.
- Relocate unassembled equipment as it arrives, positioning the machinery and pieces that need to be assembled, using hoists, dollies, and trucks.
- Create and interpret blueprints and schematics to determine work procedures.
- Dismantle machines by using appropriate hand and power tools.
- Where necessary, construct a foundation for new equipment, using building materials, such as wood, cement, and steel.
- Align machines and equipment during installation, using hoists, jacks, squares, ruler, micrometers, and plumb bobs.
- Use a milling machine and lathe to turn machine parts to match the appropriate specifications.
- Assemble all machinery and equipment by bolting, welding, riveting, or fastening.
- Adhere to assembly and installation instructions set forth in vendor manuals and specifications.
- Repair any problems associated with new equipment.
- Knowledge of electrical and electronic PLC controls is an asset.
- ARG, MIG, TIG welding and machine shop work experience required.
- Modify machine parts to meet production needs.
- Fabricate new machine parts if original parts are missing or damaged.
- Review and recommend equipment improvements.
- Complete appropriate forms (Lockout Tagout, work orders, inventory request, etc).
- Participate in training programs.
- On call for emergency repairs.
- Identify and correct any problems found in machines, equipment, or processes in order to facilitate production.
- Leads apprentices and directs them to ensure successful task completion.
- Ensure that safety policies, quality standards, and standard operating procedures are followed.
- Perform preventative maintenance once the machines and equipment are put into operation.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with local, national, and international standards and legislation.
- Set up and adjust processing and packaging equipment.
- Valid Lift Truck training endorsement on Counter Balance, Light Pallet truck, BT.
- Holds a valid Industrial Millwright Mechanic license.
- Completion of the Industrial Millwright program, certified by Ministry of Education and Colleges, Canada.
- At least 5 years hands on experience as an Industrial Mechanic.
- Experience in moving, assembling, disassembling, troubleshooting, and repairing various types of machinery and equipment.
- Ability to detect, isolate, and identify irregularities and malfunctions in machinery effectively repair equipment.
- Able to fabricate new parts to replace defective parts during machine setup, maintenance, or overhaul.
- Thorough knowledge of load bearing capabilities of the equipment to be installed, assembled, or disassembled.
- Demonstrated aptitude in reading and interpreting blueprints, diagrams, schematics, drawings, manuals, and specifications.
- Effective written and verbal communication English skills.
- Accurate and highly analytical.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Physically fit to work to perform all maintenance duties
- Understand operating principles of equipment.
- Possesses the ability to perform all required tasks without constant supervision.
Previous experience in the food industry is a huge asset. The compensation is 25.00/hour for a start.
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 50 lbs.
- Manual dexterity required to use power and hand tools.
- Overtime as required at times on weekends.
- Own tools and other equipment as required.
- Be able to work night shift.
- Willing to work in hot or cold environments.
- Occasional work requiring climbing ladders and on the roof.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you are interested and qualify,please submit your resume by this ad or fax it at (647)427-4925
Indeed - 16 months ago