Alpha Ministries Canada is a national Christian non-profit organization with creative and highly motivated people who work together to serve the Church in Canada.
Alpha has an exciting opportunity for an individual to be at the forefront in supporting the vision & mission of Alpha Canada right across the country. Reporting to the Marketing Coordinator, the Marketing Assistant will see to the execution of various Alpha marketing initiatives in a time and cost effective manner that will help enable the church to fulfill its mission of evangelization. At the core, our Marketing Assistant’s role is the willingness to learn, be creative and encouraging while effectively helping the church share the ‘Alpha story’.
Expertise / Experience:
The best fit for this role will possess the capability to manage many projects and be very adept at communicating expectations, deadlines and options effectively. A person with an attention to detail, time management and excellent administration skills will do well in this position. You will need to have post secondary education in marketing or related field and 1 – 2 years previous experience in this type of work. It would be an asset to the organization if you are bilingual in English/French. Alpha Canada seeks a person with a passion for evangelism and a comprehensive understanding of the Alpha course.
Our Marketing Assistant needs to have knowledge of/experience with various forms of social media, MS Office applicable to marketing/sales function and excellent oral and written communication skills. We are looking for a person who can optimize opportunities and thrives in challenges.
Responsibilities (what you get to do):
- Support and coordinate marketing goals and calendar timeline
- Initiate and manage outsourced design projects for branded materials
- Coordinate numerous marketing initiatives for internal and external partners
- Review, monitor and track the effectiveness of events, meetings with churches and other initiatives.
- Source and build relationships with other creative and forward-thinking suppliers/ subcontractors
- Ensure the message of the online presence and take advantage of new technologies
- Be highly relational and communicative with staff, setting deadlines and meeting preparation of the creative process
- Humbly serve, train and pray for leaders within the church
- Find ways to inspire by effectively sharing stories of transformed lives
- With the direction of the Marketing Coordinator manage the annual financial marketing budget and department reporting
Salary is competitive within the non-profit sector of our size, and commensurate with experience.
We provide a variety of work experiences that will strengthen, challenge and release your creativity in a confidence-building environment. People like working here. We are looking for the most passionate, driven person to join our A-team. If this job is for you, we invite you to submit a cover letter, your resume and references.