Reports To: CEO
Location: Spruce Grove, Alberta
Earliest start date: As soon as possible
Salary: $28.00 Hourly, for 40.0 Hours per week
Alpha Global Xperts Inc. is a Canadian-based enterprise, offering customized local expertise, cultural insight and global strategic support to international companies. Our Mission is to facilitate entry into new and unfamiliar markets by providing in-country local intelligence and project specific support in the areas of cultural adaption, business customs, business negotiation and language services. Our unsurpassed personal service and project-driven solutions are tailored to our clients’ unique global business requirements. Our core capabilities include the areas of law, finance and investment, IT, energy as well as software and technology.
We are seeking a Multiculturalism Project Officer to join our team.
- A flexible and interesting career in a fast growing, international industry
- Opportunity to gain international work experience
- Work with a professional and highly motivated team
- Ongoing support and training
- Opportunity to play a part in shaping the company from start-up
- Opportunity for advancement within the company
The Multiculturalism Project Officer coordinates all aspects of our clients’ international projects, from acquisition, consulting with the customer, quotation, set-up, selection of the international team of local advisors, monitoring of the transaction and quality control, through to invoicing and follow-up. His/her duties include selecting, training and certifying local advisors, assessing local cultural challenges in the clients’ new market and industry, as well as collaboration with local intelligence and partners on an international level. This position requires a solid knowledge of doing business in emerging markets, with a strong focus on the new markets developing in Africa. He/she shall act with integrity and in accordance with Alpha’s Vision, Mission and Values.
The Multiculturalism Project Officer is expected to:
- Manage all projects for our clients from quotation to invoicing and ensure successful outcome
- Carry out customer and project related research on new markets and required local knowledge
- Develop repeatable training and certification process for local advisors
- Select, train and certify local advisors in processes and negotiation
- Ensure sufficient global expert resources are available to accommodate clients’ projects
- Actively acquire new clients
- Provide excellent quality service for clients in a professional and courteous manner
- Create win-win relationships with clients and local experts, and work in a team
- Achieve or exceed company goals and strategies, as outlined in the annual strategic plan
- Lead by example and reflect the company’s Mission, Values and Vision in both behaviour and attitude
- Commit to continuous learning and training
- A positive attitude, discipline and professionalism
- A solution-oriented approach, are results-driven and a flexible and innovative thinker
- The ability to work independently and in a team, and to follow processes
- An entrepreneurial approach
- The desire to help build the company from start-up
- Strong leadership skills
Professional Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in International Business or equivalent, preferably including international negotiation and cultural studies in developing countries
- Strong knowledge of emerging markets, in particular the African continent
- Outstanding skills in cross cultural negotiations
- Experience in international Project Management
- Experience recruiting, selecting, training and working with international teams
- Experience dealing with all levels of government as well as multi-national corporations
- Knowledge of the Energy and IT sectors
- Experience in research of new markets, strategies and opportunities
- Experience developing and implementing new programs and training
- International work experience
- Very strong organizational skills
- Systematic multi-tasker with exceptional time management and prioritizing skills
Language and Communication Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- In depth knowledge of at least one foreign language
- Impeccable telephone and email manners
- Superior customer service skills
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power-Point) and database applications
- Able to quickly learn and train others on new software tools
The ideal candidate will identify with the company’s Mission and Values.
At Alpha Global Xperts Inc., we take pride in our Mission, Vision and Values. They represent what the company is setting out to achieve, and reflect its history and soul. We are guided by these values in everything we do.
Our Mission is to facilitate entry into new and unfamiliar markets by providing in-country local intelligence and project specific support in the areas of cultural adaption, business customs, business negotiation and language services. Our unsurpassed personal service and project-driven solutions are tailored to our clients’ unique global business requirements.
Clients’ Needs First:
We actively seek to understand our clients’ needs and offer innovative and flexible solutions that add value to our clients’ business and ours. This is the core principle which guides all our decisions.
In providing our services we strive to grow and add value to all our stakeholders. We will do so by applying lean principles, innovative thinking and finding creative solutions.
Strong Relationships (1+1=3)
We build and nourish strong relationships with our clients, our team and our service partners to each others’ mutual benefit.
Each member of the Alpha Team has a vested interest in and is personally accountable for the successful outcome of each project and the satisfaction of each client.
Respect and Cross Cultural Integrity
We will act with awareness, openness and respect towards other people and other cultures, and always seek first to understand, then to be understood.
Fun and Fulfillment
We will have fun doing so and give every member of our team the opportunity to reach their dreams and goals, and to find strength and happiness in their personal and professional lives.