Homescapes Complete Residential Landscaping “Exquisite residential landscaping in Calgary & surrounding areas.”
As part of the Alpha Better Group of Companies, Homescapes Complete Residential Landscaping specializes in the design and build of new home landscapes, as well as re-design and re-build of existing residential landscapes. With over 12 years of experience in the Calgary and area market, we have the expertise to turn any landscaping vision into reality.
Our Corporate Values:
- We are at our best when we work as a team
- Competent and persistent performance
- We take pride in our work
- Treat everyone with honesty and respect
- Safety is our first priority
Position: General Manager – Residential Landscaping
Type: Full-time, permanent
Reports to Title: President
Purpose: The purpose of the General Manager is to direct, organize, control, and coordinate all activities related to residential landscaping projects. This includes customer relations, estimating &bidding, sales & marketing, contract negotiations, personnel management, project management, financial analysis, and business development while ensuring business goals and objectives are met or exceeded
Direct Reports: Designer, Foremen
- Establish an annual business plan with the President, identifying objectives for: revenue & profitability, staffing & equipment levels, employee training & development, and business development.
- Establish annual marketing objectives including advertising, trade show coordination, display design, and securing sales and leads.
- Build and cultivate relationships with industry peers and potential clients through networking.
- Prepare project estimates for client review.
- Secure and approve all materials, sub-contractor pricing, and other pricing necessary for estimate and bid preparation.
- Identify growth and sales opportunities for the company and proactively solicit new business.
- Develop & implement operating methods and procedures to improve productivity, product quality, and overall operational excellence.
- Review weekly production status with Foreman and resolve any operational, human resources, and technical problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- In conjunction with the Controller, manage & analyze financial reports related to business operations.
- Review and approve monthly progress reports, accounts payable invoices, supplier's invoices, and final invoicing on all projects.
- Coach, mentor, motivate, provide on the job training, and manage performance of direct reports including day to day direction, consistent performance feedback, periodic performance reviews, and implement development plans.
- Champion & manage a safety culture, and ensure compliance to safety standards, safe work practice, reporting for all direct and indirect reports.
- Establish cross-functional training within direct reports and develop an operational continuity plan.
- Advocate & enforce company values and foster a positive company culture.
- Posses strong project, organizational, time, and change management skills.
- Ability to multi-task, manage independently, and adapt to change in a very dynamic environment.
- Ability to maintain high standards of operational excellence.
- Proficiency in analysis, business comprehension, market and industry knowledge and logistical skills.
- Proven aptitude in dealing with complex operational and organizational issues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrating influence, diplomacy, and business acumen.
- Exhibit entrepreneurial spirit and manage with integrity at all times.
- Open to continuous learning.
- Minimum 5 - 10 years of related landscape construction, project management, or business experience.
- Exceptional understanding and knowledge of landscape construction and horticultural industry.
- Computer proficiency in Windows operating system and Microsoft Office applications
- Post secondary training or education in landscape construction, project management, business, or related discipline.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume including your salary expectations.
Indeed - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard