The Skid Steer Operator is responsible for the safe operation of a skid steer during project construction.
- Perform pre-trip and hazard assessment checks on equipment and job site.
- Perform assigned work on schedule, as directed by the Manager and the project
- Operate equipment in a safe and effective manner, while avoiding damage to company and other property.
- General knowledge of landscaping, such as grading, loaming, etc.
- Conduct work in accordance with OH&S requirements.
- Observe and note condition of equipment to ensure standards are met and problems and defects are corrected.
- Be prepared to help crews with physical tasks if there is no skid steer work onsite.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate with crew members, supervisors, and other colleagues.
- Ability to prioritize in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Good hand eye coordination.
- Physical dexterity to handle prolonged sitting and operating a skid steer.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and the ability to follow directions.
- Reliable, punctual, and a team player.
- Open to continuous learning.
- 1 to 2 years experience operating a skid steer.
- Class 5 driver's licence (non-GDL)
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings, and specifications.
- Own steel-toed boots.
- Other construction and safety training considered an asset.
Indeed - 22 months ago