Position: Water Truck Operator
Type: Full-time, seasonal
Division: Delta Landscaping
Reports to Title: Manager
Purpose: The Water Truck Operator is responsible for the efficient transport and delivery of water to various company job sites. This position requires the safe operation of a pick-up truck with a water tank mounted on the back.
- Perform pre-operational and hazard assessment checks on equipment and job site.
- Independently transport and deliver water to assigned job sites on schedule.
- Ensure job sites are properly watered in accordance to company standards.
- Conduct work in accordance with OH&S requirements.
- Observe and note condition of truck and water tank to ensure standards are met and problems and defects are corrected.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate with crew members, supervisors, and other colleagues.
- Ability to prioritize in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to make effective decisions independently.
- Good hand eye coordination.
- Demonstrate client service and public interaction skills.
- Physical dexterity to handle driving and operating water tank and hoses (approximately 25 to 50 lbs.)
- Demonstrate attention to detail and the ability to follow directions.
- Reliable, punctual, and a team player.
- Open to continuous learning.
- Basic knowledge of Calgary's routes, communities, and major roads.
- Clean class 5 driver's licence (non-GDL).
- Own steel-toed boots.
- Demonstrate defensive driving techniques.
- Completion of a defensive driving course is considered an asset.
- Completion of construction, landscaping, or safety training considered an asset.
Indeed - 5 months ago