Position: Senior Estimator, Landscape/Civil Construction.
Term: Full-time salaried position.
Reports to: Manager, Estimating/Business Development.
Are you looking to make a difference? Due to ongoing growth strategy, Alpha Better Landscaping Inc., has an immediate opening for a Senior Estimator. This opportunity requires a results oriented, career professional, who thrives on accepting new challenges within a fast paced environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop & maintain client/consultant relationships to identify new business opportunities and negotiate/bid projects. Initiate ongoing contact and communications with existing clients to ensure priority, inclusion and preference for their landscape requirements.
- Review project plans, specifications and scope of work to establish bidding strategies with Manager, Estimating/Business Development.
- Analyse drawings and specifications, determine the duration and cost implications and incorporate them into the estimate.
- Prepare complete and accurate takeoff and estimates of project work including general condition items.
- Secure subcontractor and material pricing, checking for accuracy and coordination of content and incorporating in the general estimate.
- Apply or approve applicable overhead recoveries in the preparation and submission of formal quotes and tenders.
- Prepare the tender package including tender form, schedules and attachments.
- Approve all sub-contractors and material costs prior to award.
- Prepare/approve all PO’s and sub-contracts.
- Prepare/approve all job budgets.
- Prepare/approve all production files.
- Upon securing a project, initiate project kick-off meeting with Operations Manager and project Superintendents.
- Prepare/approve and communicate all project correspondence and change orders to keep production department current with all relevant data.
- Prepare/approve monthly progress & final invoicing.
- Attend weekly production meetings to address potential production problems/ potential client initiated issues which need to be addressed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A College or University Degree in Landscape Management, Engineering Technology or Quantity Surveying.
- Minimum 5 – 8 years estimating experience with a mix of landscape and civil construction in a commercial/institutional setting, including a positive track record of obtaining results.
- Proficient with blueprints and blueprint software.
- An efficient communicator with exceptional time management skills.
- Strong computer skills – MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project is an asset.
- “Bid to Win” and on- screen-take off experience is an asset.
- Strong communication skills – oral and written.
- You are exceptional at building relationships.
- You are highly organized, results oriented with a strong personal drive. You can plan, organize, multi task and work independently to maintain tight deadlines.
- You work well in a team environment.
Indeed - 13 months ago