Alpha Better Landscaping Ltd. “Count on us!”
As part of the Alpha Better Group of Companies, Alpha Better Landscaping Inc was established in 1979 and has grown to become one of Calgary’s best known and recognized landscaping companies. With over 30 years of experience in community development and commercial landscape construction, we take pride in enhancing Calgary’s neighborhoods and businesses.
Our mission is to enhance our community by proudly creating first class landscapes.
OUR CORPORATE VALUES:
1. We are at our best when we work as a team.
2. We strive for competent and persistent performance.
3. We take pride in our work.
4. We treat everyone with honesty & respect.
5. Safety is our first priority.
Position: Excavator Operator
Type: Full-time, seasonal
Reports to Title: Heavy Equipment Supervisor
Purpose: The Excavator Operator is responsible for the safe operation of a CAT 308C, CAT 320 DLL, or Case CX210 during project construction.
- Perform pre-operational and hazard assessment checks on equipment and job site.
- Perform assigned excavations on schedule, as directed by the Heavy Equipment Supervisor and the project Superintendents.
- Ensure grading, sloping, and trenching are done to the proper depth and grade.
- Conduct work in accordance with OH&S requirements.
- Observe and note condition of excavator equipment to ensure standards are met and problems and defects are corrected.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate with crew members, supervisors, and other colleagues.
- Ability to prioritize in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Good hand eye coordination.
- Physical dexterity to handle prolonged sitting and operating an excavator.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and the ability to follow directions.
- Reliable, punctual, and a team player.
- Open to continuous learning.
- 3 to 5 years experience operating an excavator.
- Class 5 driver's licence
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings, and specifications.
- Calculate weight, distance, volume and other measurements related to excavating.
- Own steel-toed boots.
- Excavator Operator Certificate is considered an asset.
- Other construction and safety training considered an asset.
To apply, please email your resume. Candidates will be contacted by phone for a pre-screen interview.