We are looking for passionate and driven people to join our team and help us grow. Find your career with us!
As part of the Alpha Better Group of Companies, Alpha Better Landscaping Inc, established in 1979, has grown to become one of Calgary’s best known and recognized landscaping companies. With our years of experience in community development and commercial landscape construction, we take pride in servicing Calgary’s neighborhoods and businesses.
Our Core Values:
- We are at our best when we work as a team
- Competent and persistent performance
- We take pride in our work
- Treat everyone with honesty and respect
- Safety is our first priority
We have an immediate opening for a Human Resources Advisor. If you are a results oriented, driven professional, looking to join a dynamic and growing company, then apply now!
As an HR Advisor, you will advise on strategies in the Human Resource function including employee relations, performance management, training & development, policy & procedure implementation, program implementation & management, talent attraction & retention, and compensation & benefits.
- Provide advice, support, and recommendations on a wide range of HR issues to all stakeholders while championing and enforcing corporate values.
- Facilitate and advise on annual compensation planning process.
- Develop, implement, and enforce HR policies, procedures, and programs.
- Resolve employee relations, recruitment, and other HR related organizational issues.
- Coach and mentor all levels of employees in HR best practices.
- Analyze and report on HR related key performance indicators and trends that affect organizational performance.
- Act as an alternate resource in bi-weekly Payroll approval.
- Ensure the company, across all divisions and functions, works as a team
- Demonstrated ability to work with professionalism and confidentiality.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and adapt to change in a very dynamic environment.
- Ability to maintain HR standards and best practices.
- Preference for working in a small business environment (under 100 employees).
- Proven aptitude in dealing with complex HR and organizational issues.
- Demonstrated consulting and coaching skills in advising appropriate solutions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills demonstrating approachability, influence, and diplomacy.
- Ability to function in a collaborative team environment while ensuring clarity and understanding of business goals, business objectives, and effective information distribution.
- Exhibit entrepreneurial spirit and manage with integrity at all times.
- 5 + years of related HR experience.
- Broad understanding of best practices, employment standards, human rights, and federal legislations related to Human Resources.
- Intermediate to advance Microsoft Office skills.
- Intermediate to advance HRIS skills.
- Post-secondary education in related discipline.
- HR related designation is considered an asset.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter by email with HR Advisor, 13-139 in the subject line.