18 Month Term
The Almonte General Hospital has been providing excellent medical care to area residents for generations. The Hospital's dedicated and highly trained doctors and nurses, modern facilities and smaller size combine state-of-the-art services with the personal care and attention that only a small community hospital can provide. The 52-bed Hospital provides an extensive range of services, including 24-hour emergency services, a complete range of obstetrical care and the Region's Chronic Care and Day Hospital Programs. The long-term care facility (Fairview Manor) provides accommodation for 112 residents. An integral part of our vision statement indicates that we strive to be the workplace of choice for medical, health-care and support staff.
Dually reporting to the Vice President of Patient/Resident Services & Chief Nursing Executive (for Manager, Complex Continuing Care role) and the Director of Care at Fairview Manor (for Assistant Director of Care role); the Assistant Director of Care/Manager of Complex Continuing Care provides front line nursing leadership and management as well as clinical content expertise in gerontological and complex continuing care nursing practice.
The position is responsible for the planning, directing, and coordination of all activities necessary to support the care of residents receiving long term care and patients receiving complex continuing care; the management of the Life Enrichment Program; the coordination of the RAI-MDS program - including staff education and support; the education of clinical staff as required; and the development and implementation of quality, risk management, and resource (human and financial) management plans.
- Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario. BScN preferred.
- At least three (3) years front line management experience in the area of long term care and/or gerontology or geriatric rehabilitation Experience with and understanding of strategic and
- RAI-MDS experience
Competencies and Personal Attributes:
- Communicates effectively with employees, physicians, peers and external contacts
- Effective as a team player through collaboration, cooperation, and respect
- Advanced computer skills with database and spreadsheet programs (Excel), word processing programs (Word), and presentation programs (PowerPoint)
- Ability to manage program and projects to achieve agreed upon objectives and deliverables, and produce timely results within allocated resources.
- Clinical content expertise in gerontological and/or complex continuing care nursing practice.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes by March 18, 2013 to Jennifer Jones, Human Resources Officer.