Reporting directly to the Director of Project Management and working closely with our Installation team, this position is responsible for creating and managing project schedules. The scheduler is also responsible for effectively scheduling and coordinating resources (including people, equipment, materials and all other logistics) to ensure the efficient installation of screw piles.
Hours of Work: 40 hr/week, overtime according to business needs
- Provides a centralized scheduling function, working closely with the Sales Team, Project Managers, Field Supervisor(s), Dispatcher, Director of Manufacturing, HSE Coordinator, QA Coordinator and Accounting Representatives.
- Works with project staff to facilitate the development of the project schedules.
- Safely and effectively schedules resources within the Installation group to maintain a safe work environment, maximize crew efficiency, and provide the best value for the costs.
- Analyzes scheduling and delivery impacts, including time extensions, and implements controls and other mitigating strategies to avoid cost escalations or adverse customer impacts.
- Ensures procurement lead time, based on scheduling, for all resources.
- Conducts manpower projections and analysis.
- Works closely with Human Resources and Safety in the workforce planning process to ensure adequate staffing and lead time for hiring and safely orienting employees.
- Evaluates the performance of a project by analyzing significant schedule, budget and/or resource variances from the baseline plan.
- Identifies and communicates significant schedule risks to Construction Manager, Project Manager and Sales representatives.
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Planning & Organizing
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Strategic Thinking
- Adaptability & Initiative
- Safety Orientation
- Judgement & Decision Making
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
A Post-Secondary Diploma or Degree in Business, Economics, Engineering or related field
R 2 – 5 years’ experience in a field, construction or project scheduling role
R Experience in managing third party service providers
R Understanding of manufacturing processes, production, scheduling and capacity planning
R Extensive experience using Microsoft Project or similar software
R = Required, A = Asset