Reporting to the CFO, this position is responsible for providing insight, direction and financial expertise, develop and improve upon the systems, reporting procedures, financial controls. Provide accurate and timely reporting to assist in the effective organizational management and decision-making. Leads and develops a team of accounting staff including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payables and Payroll.
LOCATION: Ponoka (Shuttle Service provided from Edmonton and Options Available from Red Deer)
- Responsible for full cycle accounting and managing the accounting function to ensure that finance department runs seamlessly, and all obligations continue to be met (payroll, GST and income tax filings, lending, bank filing requirements, A/R, A/P and G/L reconciliations, etc.).
- Prepares, for review by the CFO, the monthly financial statements, including the appropriate analysis, commentary and management reports for use by management and in the preparation of the consolidated financial statements and reports to shareholders.
- Develops internal controls, cash management strategies, and asset management protocols.
- Reviews, identifies, investigates and sets plans in place to support the executive and growth of the business.
- Assists in the development, implementation and maintenance of the company’s accounting policies and procedures in accordance with good practices of internal control and accepted accounting principles.
- Coaches the accounting team to develop capabilities to be able to support the company’s fast growth.
- Takes accountability for assignments and projects, performs to Almita’s quality standards and addresses deficiencies immediately.
- Leverages feedback from colleagues and supervisors to maximize personal and professional effectiveness.
- Provides thought leadership and maintains current knowledge of accounting advancements that could be leveraged by Almita.
- Assists in formulating departmental strategic plan.
- Analyze Data
- ERP Experience
- Reporting Standards
- Provincial taxes
- Project Accounting
- Effective Communication
- Adaptability & Initiative
- Coaching and Team Development
- Judgement and Decision Making
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Accounting and finance (degree or diploma)
- Accounting Designation
- 3 - 5 years direct financial accounting experience
- Experience within a manufacturing or service based company
- Knowledge and experience with cost accounting and cost accounting concepts.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- MRP/ERP experience, Visual preferred
Indeed - 16 months ago
Almita Piling is Canada’s leading provider of screw piles.
We design, manufacture, and install screw piles for a wide variety of...