Provide support to Corporate Counsel. Under general supervision, perform a variety of moderately complex and confidential legal and administrative activities. This position requires the ability to work independently, utilize good judgement and initiative.
- Draft and revise corporate legal documents.
- Draft and follow up correspondence.
- Submit documents for registration with appropriate agencies (for example, Corporate Registry, Land Titles).
- Conduct tax, land title and other legal searches.
- Assist with real estate, mortgage, corporate, tax and intellectual property transactions.
- Organize documents.
- Assist in preparation for and attend business transaction closings.
- Act as a liaison between Corporate Counsel and other parties.
- Develop office procedure and computer functions to improve efficiency.
- Support Corporate Counsel with the implementation and evaluation of new or revised policies, programs and procedures.
- Perform related administrative functions.
PROFICIENCIES and ABILITIES
- High Attention to Detail
- Strong Time Management Skills
- Effective Communication Skills
- Ability to Interpret the Meaning of Information for Others
- Ability to Obtain and Process Information
- Analytical Approach to Information
- Adaptable to change
- Proven Reasoning, Judgement and Decision Making Skills
- Displays Professionalism
- Foster Teamwork
- Results Orientation
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- College Diploma
- 3+ years’ experience in a Legal Assistant or Paralegal role
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Knowledge of legal principles involved in business operations and corporate and commercial transactions.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing legal and administrative services. This includes assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of satisfaction.
Almita Piling is Canada’s leading provider of screw piles.
We design, manufacture, and install screw piles for a wide variety of...