Provide support to Corporate Counsel. Under general supervision, perform a variety of moderately complex and confidential legal and administrative activities. This position requires the ability to work independently, utilize good judgement and initiative.
- Draft and revise corporate legal documents.
- Draft and follow up correspondence.
- Submit documents for registration with appropriate agencies (for example, Corporate Registry, Land Titles).
- Conduct tax, land title and other legal searches.
- Assist with real estate, mortgage, corporate, tax and intellectual property transactions.
- Organize documents.
- Assist in preparation for and attend business transaction closings.
- Act as a liaison between Corporate Counsel and other parties.
- Develop office procedure and computer functions to improve efficiency.
- Support Corporate Counsel with the implementation and evaluation of new or revised policies, programs and procedures.
- Perform related administrative functions.
PROFICIENCIES and ABILITIES
- High Attention to Detail
- Strong Time Management Skills
- Effective Communication Skills
- Ability to Interpret the Meaning of Information for Others
- Ability to Obtain and Process Information
- Analytical Approach to Information
- Adaptable to change
- Proven Reasoning, Judgement and Decision Making Skills
- Displays Professionalism
- Foster Teamwork
- Results Orientation
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- College Diploma
- 3+ years’ experience in a Legal Assistant or Paralegal role
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Knowledge of legal principles involved in business operations and corporate and commercial transactions.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing legal and administrative services. This includes assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of satisfaction.
Indeed - 15 months ago
Almita Piling is Canada’s leading provider of screw piles.
We design, manufacture, and install screw piles for a wide variety of...