Responsible for performing data entry and related duties in disbursing non-payroll accounts payable to individuals, suppliers, corporations, and other entities. This includes maintaining ledgers, credit balances, and account irregularities. The A/P Clerk will also ensure the timely and accurate processing of payment documents such as purchase orders, travel reimbursements, and any other accounting transactions related to A/P management.
Work Environment: Office
Wage: Based on Education and Experience
Hours of Work: 40 hr/week
- Customer Focus
- Energy & Stress
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Obtain approval for disbursements and ensure that expenditures do not exceed available cash.
- Prepare and fill out payments to third parties, whether by cash, check, credit, and other forms of payment.
- Post and reconcile company payments to general ledgers.
- Review bills to the company for potential errors and/or discrepancies.
- Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies or misapplied cash transactions.
- Post A/P data to profit/loss reports, balance sheets, income statements, and other documentation.
- Review all credit balances, refunds, and adjustments, and apply adjustments and/or corrections to corporate billing records.
- Balance daily A/P batches; prepare and distribute payment reports and statistics to key personnel.
- Ensure the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its business partners.
- Form payment strategies to make timely A/P payments and mitigate supplier objections.
- Investigate payment problems while following corporate A/P policies and procedures.
- Completion of High School
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration would be an asset
- 3 -5 years direct experience in an A/P capacity
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to accurately calculate, post, correct, and manage accounting figures and financial records
Indeed - 9 months ago
Almita Piling is Canada’s leading provider of screw piles.
We design, manufacture, and install screw piles for a wide variety of...