Responsible for performing data entry and related duties in disbursing non-payroll accounts payable to individuals, suppliers, corporations, and other entities. This includes maintaining ledgers, credit balances, and account irregularities. The A/P Clerk will also ensure the timely and accurate processing of payment documents such as purchase orders, travel reimbursements, and any other accounting transactions related to A/P management.
Work Environment: Office
Wage: Based on Education and Experience
Hours of Work: 40 hr/week
- Customer Focus
- Energy & Stress
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Obtain approval for disbursements and ensure that expenditures do not exceed available cash.
- Prepare and fill out payments to third parties, whether by cash, check, credit, and other forms of payment.
- Post and reconcile company payments to general ledgers.
- Review bills to the company for potential errors and/or discrepancies.
- Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies or misapplied cash transactions.
- Post A/P data to profit/loss reports, balance sheets, income statements, and other documentation.
- Review all credit balances, refunds, and adjustments, and apply adjustments and/or corrections to corporate billing records.
- Balance daily A/P batches; prepare and distribute payment reports and statistics to key personnel.
- Ensure the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its business partners.
- Form payment strategies to make timely A/P payments and mitigate supplier objections.
- Investigate payment problems while following corporate A/P policies and procedures.
- Completion of High School
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration would be an asset
- 3 -5 years direct experience in an A/P capacity
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to accurately calculate, post, correct, and manage accounting figures and financial records
Almita Piling is Canada’s leading provider of screw piles.
We design, manufacture, and install screw piles for a wide variety of...