Allstate

Allstate Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Decent first job
Telemarketer/Office Assistant (Former Employee), Norridge, ILJune 24, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: telemarketing
This was my very first job and I tried the best I could since I did not have job experience. The hours were ideal since I was a Junior at the time, my bosses were nice. Sometimes the work was stressful, especially being a telemarketer. I just simply wasn't good at that part. Everything else was fine.
QUIET office
Licensed Sales Producer (Current Employee), Bunnell, FLJune 24, 2014
Pros: quiet, laid back
Cons: no benefits
Consists of a small number of people

Very Quiet

Some family like atmosphere
Not Professional and less than forth coming for employees
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee), Roseville, CAJune 24, 2014
Pros: office job
Cons: no benefits shady pay and single restroom
While working there was rarely given a schedule more than a day out at some points called with as little as 15 min notice not to come in. Training was nonexistent had to study personally for Insurance test property and fire with no compensation from employer even after promise of fees being paid for was given. Learned Insurance systems, Outlook, homeowners, – more... auto and boat quotes. Co-workers were fine though high stressed with overloaded tasks. Hardest part of the job was the lack of professionalism and the lack of consideration. The most enjoyable part of the job is the sense of accomplishment at learning on your own to navigate operating systems. – less
Senior Marketing Manager, Marketing Communications (Current Employee), Northbrook, ILJune 23, 2014
Have had the opportunity to solve key business problems with marketing!
This was the worst place I have ever worked.
ADJUSTER (Former Employee), Woodridge ILJune 23, 2014
Cons: they charge you over $200, a month to use their vehicle
At Allstate you do not get a raise based on how hard you work.
Allstate has a survey system set up this prevents them from paying there adjusters a fair wage. They will contact the insured after you deny a claim and ask them how was the claim service. The customer complains about the service this bring down your # and they don't give you a raise. They – more... charge you over $200 a month to use their vehicle.If you live in the Chicago Land area can you live on $595 a week. They make you work every Saturday & Sunday this is the worst place I have ever worked. Act like an owner is a JOKE. – less
Productive and positive. Enjoy reading, running, volunteering, and creative activities
Staff Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Irving, TexasJune 23, 2014
Pros: learning the claim process and being awarded for hard work.
Listen to and respond to phone messages and emails. Review incoming claims and prioritize task for the current day and next three days. Assist customers and co-workers with claims. Contact health insurance companies and negotiate claims. Evaluate medical claims and settle the claim for the injured party.
Review excel spreadsheets to prioritize goals.

Started – more... my career with minimal knowledge of claims and the claim process. Excelled in my career learning policy language, investigation process, understanding medical terminology and medical codes required on bills. Enhanced my written and verbal skills.

Learned to multi task in a fast paced high stress position.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with fatality claims.
The most enjoyable part is helping people with turning a negative situation into a positive outcome. – less
Great family
Staff Claims Representative (Current Employee), Corona, CAJune 23, 2014
Pros: great family as well as co-workers
Cons: i was going to school hated to leave
I started working here at 16 years old. it was a great place to work
Excellent place to work.
Senior Claims Examiner (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 21, 2014
I have appreciated working there for 15 years. The building and grounds are beautiful and my overtime is great.
Good Employer, Solid grasp of Technology
INSURANCE AGENT (Current Employee), Gaithersburg, MDJune 20, 2014
Pros: good training, good technology
Cons: long hours, average pay
I respect Allstate. It is doing its best to adapt to the 21St Century. It is working to leverage its advantages like agents, and claims. It is a solid employer with a good training program.
Excellent place to work. Excellent job work and life balance
Incidnet Management (Former Employee), Hudson, hioJune 20, 2014
Helped internal and external customer for the company.
Monitor the health of applications thur the company.
Assist employees with questions and trained.
Claims
Claims Processor (Former Employee), Yuma, AZJune 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Input claims as people called to input loss reports and helped them to get their claims handled on a timely basis.
Experienced with Professional Skills
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 18, 2014
Accomplished, results-driven, and experienced Professional skilled in driving down costs while increasing quality and efficiency through training and process improvements. Recognized ability in managing resources, time frames, and multiple priorities as well as the ability in creating strategic partnerships that helped achieve aggressive goals.
Proven – more... ability to think outside the box and effect change using a solution based mindset retaining the ability to assess most situations quickly and adapt into the style that most fits the situation.
Committed to quality service and performed responsibilities with professionalism & ethics even under extreme pressure while implementing established standards and procedures – less
EILY RIVERA
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 18, 2014
Pros: bilingual
AMONG DUTIES:

In charge of entering prospects and policy holders day to day data & updates as well as changes to the policies.
Attended continuing educative courses to sharpen insurance ethics & sales techniques.
In charge of realizing payments to each policy either over the phone in person or online thru company systems.
Responsable to bind coverage, – more... situate policies according to each individual clients needs.
Inform each client of what they are purchasing, thoroughly explaining policy coverage in fair detail.
Responsable for receiving/submitting any policy changes and balance credits and/or demerits/charges towards policy and advising client of such.
Verify all coverage is implemented correctly and submitted accordinly as well. – less
Great Company
Loyalty Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 17, 2014
Pros: full benefits
Cons: rotating shifts 4-6 months
Great company to get your feet wet in the Customser Service Sales industry. Just be aware you rotate your schedule and manager between 4-6 months. Other than that, good pay and benefits.
nothing
HR Assistant/Payroll Administrator (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 17, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: nothing
nothing that I can rememeber nothing nothing nothing nothing
The agent I worked for no longer is in business.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXJune 17, 2014
This agent is no longer in business. They were bought out by another agent. I'm not sure about the new company.
Excellent environment and good team leadership.
Senior Service Professional (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 16, 2014
Good place to work. Great managers. Great environment. Good benefits.
great environment and great company
Licensed Sales Producer (Current Employee), Carlsbad, CAJune 16, 2014
worked for a new Agent in Carlsbad CA, great person and very hard working, typical day reaching out to customers to provide solutions based products to reach their financial goals.
A Great Learning Experience
Office Manager (Current Employee), Wayne County, MIJune 16, 2014
In the beginning, I really enjoyed working at this office. I have always loved helping people and being on the forefront of customer service. I am the first person that customers speak to and I feel I give them the best first impression of how we conduct business. The hardest part of the job is getting a call from an upset customer whose issue I can – more... not resolve because it is beyond my professional abilities.
I have learned a lot working here, though. I have learned the importance of working in a team setting, and how to compromise to benefit the business. I have also learned that there can be a balance between maintaining a profitable business and caring for customers. I enjoy what I do, and I love working with my customers and coworkers, but I am looking for a place to expand and grow, and I do not believe this is where I can accomplish this. – less
Fast paced friendly work environment
Consultant (Current Employee), Hampton, VAJune 15, 2014
Pros: i work in a very fast paced office environment with pleasant staff.
Cons: office located in prime location for walk in traffic, typical day no breaks. i come in at 8:50 and eat lunch at my desk, leave office normally at 5:30.
As I am currently working approximately 26 hours a week and feel I have helped agent succeed I look forward to trying a new venture.

About Allstate

Allstate celebrates creative problem solving, full engagement and working together to keep all people in Good Hands®. Rooted – Read more