Allstate

Allstate Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
changed ownership
Sub-Agent (Former Employee), Lindenhurst, ILMarch 18, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: disorganized
nice restaurant
food is good
ownership changed
disorganized
missed paychecks
Fun busy environment
Claims Processor Specialist (Former Employee), Hudson, OHMarch 17, 2014
A typical day at allstate is Inbound/ outbound customer inquiries, internet literacy, Microsoft office, releasing funds for settled claims, verifying facts, performed data entry into the NextGen software system, scheduled appointments, fax, file, copy. Clock out
Friendly Company with Mixed Personality
Leadership Development Program (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 16, 2014
Pros: pleasant corporate headquarters with nice amenities.
Cons: location 30 miles from chicago in the burbs, 2nd tier business climate and talent.
I currently work at Allstate as part of the company's leadership development program.

Pros: Friendly, non-stressful workplace with easy hours. Great benefits and corporate headquarters has nice perks. The LDP program offers a lot of resources and opportunity straight out of undergrad. The starting salary for the LDP program is good but Allstate's compensation – more... is not competitive after 2-3 years.

Cons: Mostly mediocre business environment-some areas foster top talent and offer challenging work. However, too much of the company's workforce is unimaginative, conservative. Long-timers are simply keeping their cubicles warm until pension time. Location is 30 miles outside of Chicago, a long commute for those of us who live in the city. Company culture is very middle-aged, white, suburban. Not a sexy place to work... – less
Personal lines insurnace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Florence, SCMarch 16, 2014
hours 830a - 530p Monday-Friday
professional / casual dress code
easy to find location
ALLSTATE
Account Manager (Former Employee), Beltsville, MDMarch 16, 2014
Pros: excellent work environment
Cons: competive rates.
GREAT ATMOSPHERE
EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY
GREAT TEAM TO WORK WITH
productive, made my career at allstate
Team Manager (Current Employee), londonderry, northern ireladndMarch 14, 2014
Good work life balance, great learning opportunities, stepping stone to IT from a non IT background, learned several soft skills and gained mainframe background training from working here.
Productive and supportive work environment
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLMarch 12, 2014
Pros: environment and support
Great product mix, strong corporate support, excellent training and name recognition.
great benefits and time off
Risk Assistant (Former Employee), Hudson, OHMarch 12, 2014
Pros: a lot of time off, great benefits, and free gym inside building.
Cons: poor work inviroment/management
*processing insurance policies for several states while following required guidelines and providing customer service to insurance agents.
* i learned about the ins and outs of all insurance lines/products across several states, claims, and rules and rates of insurance.
* working as a team was challenging at times due to the low moral of my fellow co – more... workers. However I remained positive and continued with my daily work/duties.
*poor management.
* working indepentendly and my desk on a daily basis. – less
A workplace where employees work together
Assigned Claim Plan Adjuster (Current Employee), Farmington Hills, MIMarch 12, 2014
A typical day at work consists of me reviewing medical bills for patients' claims that i handle. I look to ensure that the billing that is received is consistent with injuries that may have occurred in a motor vehicle accident. I am on the phone with providers, negotiate services with attorney's, and handle files in litigation.

I have learned that – more... customer service is very important when it comes to retaining/keeping business. I have learned to read police reports, ICD-9 coding, and other medical records.

My co-workers are great. I am newer in the position that i hold at the moment and they have been extremely outgoing and I don't know if I would be so successful as a claims adjuster without their guidence.

The hardest part of my job would have to be the work load given to us adjusters. Allstate has refused to add adjusters to this unit and the work load continues to grow.
The system that we are suppose to work with is very non existent. The whole office works off of a system that has made claim handling a bit more convenient. In the assigned claims plan unit we are to work off of Word and Excel documents and manually issue payments for bills.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the people that I work with. The people help make a stressful work environment tolerable. – less
Great Company
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Harmony, PAMarch 11, 2014
Cons: health insurance, 401k
Set schedule (M-F 8-5)
No working on holidays
Small office setting depending on agency size
Many helpful resources online
An excellent place to work
Claims Service Specialists (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 11, 2014
Pros: great people to work for, the company actually cared about employees
Cons: working saturdays, the pay could be a little higher
I loved working for Allstate. It has its ups and downs like any employer but overall I was happy working there. I only left because there was a 50-50 chance my office was going to be closed down and I had too many responsibilities to just wait and see if I was still going to have a job so I looked for a new job and left. I'm kicking myself now seeing – more... as how my office was the one picked to stay open. The only gripe I have about the job was the schedule. I hated working every Saturday, it was just part of your schedule there was not getting out of it – less
productive
Receptionist (Former Employee), Mount Vernon, OHMarch 10, 2014
I was a Receptionist for the local Allstate office in Mt. Vernon OH. I answered incoming calls on a multi line system. I enter data into the computer per what the customer is calling in for. I made changes to policies, file, fax and copy. I also took payments and gace recipts, count the cash drawer and made nightly deposit slips.
good place to break into the field
Service Partner Liaison (Jr. Underwriter) (Current Employee), chalotte ncMarch 10, 2014
Pros: learned alot
good place to break into the field. good place to break into the field, good place to break into the field
Great Place
Insurance (Temp) (Former Employee), georgiaMarch 10, 2014
Great Place to work.
Made good money.
Awesome team.
My co-workers were amazing.
New Experiences
Receptionist (Former Employee), Riverdale, GAMarch 10, 2014
Working for Allstate was fun, informative, and knowledgeable. I learned a lot about the insurance business that I didn't know before. A typical day at work for me was: processing customers payment, answering questions, filing, distributing mail, making cold calls. There wasn't a hard part of the job, the job was neutral everyday. The office was laid – more... back. – less
Allstate
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXMarch 9, 2014
Pros: commission/bonuses
Cons: no benefits or job advancement
I truly loved my job from the people I worked with to the customers I served everyday. I have a way with people and I am always pleased to work with them. I love solving problems and making them happy. Honestly there was nothing too hard about my job if there was someone upset or something that I did not know, in the end I knew there was a way to make – more... them happy or someone I could go to for the answer. The most enjoyable part of my job was planning company events. I learned something new every day. I am a go getter if my work was done I would find something else to work on. I do not procrastinate. I am very organized and OCD about getting things done on time. – less
Fast paced environment with a gym
Customer service (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 8, 2014
Be prepared and know what you would like to accomplish. I've learned to set goals and to be well organized.
Good Job
Office Manager (Former Employee), Jonesboro, ARMarch 7, 2014
I loved working with the customers and the service work. The other people in the office were very nice.
Allstate is a great company.
Licensed Insurance Producer (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNMarch 6, 2014
But being employed by an Allstate agent is different. Finding the right agent for whom to work is the difficult part.
Tim was awesome to work with and I learned so much from him.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Edison, NJMarch 5, 2014
Pros: the hours of operation, the people i worked with, the benefits
Cons: i was pregnant with my second child and had a disabled stepson who needed my attention
I started out doing cold calls for my uncle who was a Life/Health specialist. He knew I was good on the phones so he asked me to help him make some appointments by cold calling. When Tim heard me on the phones, he offered me a job. I took the job with the intent to learn about the Insurance industry. My day consisted of answering phones, data entry, – more... handling customer complaints in a professional and timely manner and making sure they were heard by the proper management. The hardest part of my job with Allstate was passing the P&C test to further my education in the insurance field. Other than that I loved working there. – less

About Allstate

Allstate celebrates creative problem solving, full engagement and working together to keep all people in Good Hands®. Rooted – Read more