Allstate
1,338 reviews

Allstate Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Walks the walk of work/life balance and healthy living
Market Research Consultant (Current Employee), Northbrook, ILJune 25, 2014
Pros: great cafeteria food, chicago cultural benefits and discounts, work from home flexibility, work/life balance encouraged
Cons: large company, processes move slowly, corporate politics get in the way of productivity
I enjoy working with Allstate because they encourage employees to live healthy lives, balancing work and family and other obligations. I have enjoyed each of the teams I have supported and have learned to work with a variety of leadership styles and in various team dynamics. It is a great place to work and more easily accommodates moving to a new role – more... or department within the company, especially in the corporate headquarters, because there are so many different job functions housed in one campus. – less
Great learning environment. Very professional.
Licensed Sales Producer (Current Employee), Depew, NYJune 25, 2014
Pros: energetic positive co workers
Cons: non competitive insurance rates
Our location has a lot of walk in traffic. Neighborhood interaction enables our employees to keep close contact with our clients. We provide top notch customer service.

My position as a licensed staff producer involves cross selling to our customers. Making sure that we were are offering the best insurance products that are best suited for the families – more... we service.

My employer manages a tight ship and is very involved in the every day activities of the agency. Her guidance and experience in the industry result in a strong team effort creating a positive workplace.

The toughest part of sales is bringing in new blood. The insurance business is very competitive and can be challenging with the introduction of internet sales.

I have sold, serviced, and processed claims for auto, home, commercial, and life policies for over 17 years. My placement ratio and retention levels are high due to a genuine desire to keep the company's and the client's best interest in mind. I truly believe in insurance and all the benefits that it provides. – less
Good Experience
TELEMARKETER (Former Employee), Apple Valley, CAJune 25, 2014
Great company if you are looking into entering the P&C business
Nice place to work
Insurance Office Manager & CSR (Former Employee), Galion, OhioJune 25, 2014
Pros: full time
Cons: went out of business
Owner went out of business. Patient Assistant Services, Collection and some Bill Coding.
I ok place to pick up new skills.
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Columbia City, INJune 24, 2014
 Made internal and external phone calls to generate leads and establish appointments for producers.
 Measured processes on a daily basis, reporting process coordinator, and handled additional duties as assigned
Comfortable environment not enough compensation
Licensed Sales Producer (Former Employee), Morrow, GAJune 24, 2014
Pros: relaxing environment
Cons: low pay
Loved working for the agent but was not compensated enough and there weren't any benefits because I was a contractor instead of an employee.
Excited about advancement with Allstate
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Hurst, TXJune 24, 2014
Sales and customer service!! Allstate products are second to none I enjoy selling Allstate!
Great company , great people
QA/UAT Project lead (Current Employee), Northbrook, ILJune 24, 2014
Great corporation to work. Great environment and great team!
Decent first job
Telemarketer/Office Assistant (Former Employee), Norridge, ILJune 24, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: telemarketing
This was my very first job and I tried the best I could since I did not have job experience. The hours were ideal since I was a Junior at the time, my bosses were nice. Sometimes the work was stressful, especially being a telemarketer. I just simply wasn't good at that part. Everything else was fine.
QUIET office
Licensed Sales Producer (Current Employee), Bunnell, FLJune 24, 2014
Pros: quiet, laid back
Cons: no benefits
Consists of a small number of people

Very Quiet

Some family like atmosphere
Not Professional and less than forth coming for employees
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee), Roseville, CAJune 24, 2014
Pros: office job
Cons: no benefits shady pay and single restroom
While working there was rarely given a schedule more than a day out at some points called with as little as 15 min notice not to come in. Training was nonexistent had to study personally for Insurance test property and fire with no compensation from employer even after promise of fees being paid for was given. Learned Insurance systems, Outlook, homeowners, – more... auto and boat quotes. Co-workers were fine though high stressed with overloaded tasks. Hardest part of the job was the lack of professionalism and the lack of consideration. The most enjoyable part of the job is the sense of accomplishment at learning on your own to navigate operating systems. – less
Senior Marketing Manager, Marketing Communications (Current Employee), Northbrook, ILJune 23, 2014
Have had the opportunity to solve key business problems with marketing!
This was the worst place I have ever worked.
ADJUSTER (Former Employee), Woodridge ILJune 23, 2014
Cons: they charge you over $200, a month to use their vehicle
At Allstate you do not get a raise based on how hard you work.
Allstate has a survey system set up this prevents them from paying there adjusters a fair wage. They will contact the insured after you deny a claim and ask them how was the claim service. The customer complains about the service this bring down your # and they don't give you a raise. They – more... charge you over $200 a month to use their vehicle.If you live in the Chicago Land area can you live on $595 a week. They make you work every Saturday & Sunday this is the worst place I have ever worked. Act like an owner is a JOKE. – less
Productive and positive. Enjoy reading, running, volunteering, and creative activities
Staff Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Irving, TexasJune 23, 2014
Pros: learning the claim process and being awarded for hard work.
Listen to and respond to phone messages and emails. Review incoming claims and prioritize task for the current day and next three days. Assist customers and co-workers with claims. Contact health insurance companies and negotiate claims. Evaluate medical claims and settle the claim for the injured party.
Review excel spreadsheets to prioritize goals.

Started – more... my career with minimal knowledge of claims and the claim process. Excelled in my career learning policy language, investigation process, understanding medical terminology and medical codes required on bills. Enhanced my written and verbal skills.

Learned to multi task in a fast paced high stress position.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with fatality claims.
The most enjoyable part is helping people with turning a negative situation into a positive outcome. – less
Great family
Staff Claims Representative (Current Employee), Corona, CAJune 23, 2014
Pros: great family as well as co-workers
Cons: i was going to school hated to leave
I started working here at 16 years old. it was a great place to work
Excellent place to work.
Senior Claims Examiner (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 21, 2014
I have appreciated working there for 15 years. The building and grounds are beautiful and my overtime is great.
Good Employer, Solid grasp of Technology
INSURANCE AGENT (Current Employee), Gaithersburg, MDJune 20, 2014
Pros: good training, good technology
Cons: long hours, average pay
I respect Allstate. It is doing its best to adapt to the 21St Century. It is working to leverage its advantages like agents, and claims. It is a solid employer with a good training program.
Excellent place to work. Excellent job work and life balance
Incidnet Management (Former Employee), Hudson, hioJune 20, 2014
Helped internal and external customer for the company.
Monitor the health of applications thur the company.
Assist employees with questions and trained.
Claims
Claims Processor (Former Employee), Yuma, AZJune 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Input claims as people called to input loss reports and helped them to get their claims handled on a timely basis.
Experienced with Professional Skills
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 18, 2014
Accomplished, results-driven, and experienced Professional skilled in driving down costs while increasing quality and efficiency through training and process improvements. Recognized ability in managing resources, time frames, and multiple priorities as well as the ability in creating strategic partnerships that helped achieve aggressive goals.
Proven – more... ability to think outside the box and effect change using a solution based mindset retaining the ability to assess most situations quickly and adapt into the style that most fits the situation.
Committed to quality service and performed responsibilities with professionalism & ethics even under extreme pressure while implementing established standards and procedures – less

About Allstate

Allstate celebrates creative problem solving, full engagement and working together to keep all people in Good Hands®. Rooted – Read more